Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-24-2015, 07:43 AM   #1

K 01 conected to ext live view LCD

I had noticed that we have live view only on AV cable, so, low res.
Does anybody goes further connecting the camera to an small lcd like phone or something else for having live view
for some macro works or something studio etc?
Can we ask Ricoh for an fw update making this camera with external hd live view, and an App for phone and tablet???
Thanks

02-24-2015, 07:46 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Probably never coming and the HDMI is just out and putting the camera in view-mode only.
02-24-2015, 11:57 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
That's very sad overall, for K-01 and its users but mostly for pentax I think.
Wasn't it in the latest interviews, ricoh will give the liveview to K3, with a firmware update?

why not K-01? Somewhat it could have been a very compact but powerful camera for microscopy, for example.
or outsource an afforable 60-100m housing, with pancakes a great underwater camera, too! ok this has nothing to do with liveview but still.
K-01 had more potential than it has seen in my opinion.
02-24-2015, 01:00 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tapiolan Quote
Wasn't it in the latest interviews, ricoh will give the liveview to K3, with a firmware update?

why not K-01? Somewhat it could have been a very compact but powerful camera for microscopy, for example.
or outsource an afforable 60-100m housing, with pancakes a great underwater camera, too! ok this has nothing to do with liveview but still.
That's true.
And I don't think it is a big deal.
Did you hear Ricoh???

02-25-2015, 05:15 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Cata'S Quote
I had noticed that we have live view only on AV cable, so, low res.
Does anybody goes further connecting the camera to an small lcd like phone or something else for having live view
for some macro works or something studio etc?
Can we ask Ricoh for an fw update making this camera with external hd live view, and an App for phone and tablet???
Thanks
I use it that way all the time with a Lilliput field monitor connected to the standard video out, but it would be nice if it worked at a higher res with HDMI. The behavior of the K01 with HDMI was a big disappointment. However, the monitor still gets me live view when the camera is tucked under a softbox or light tent for macro work.
02-25-2015, 05:17 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tapiolan Quote

The K3 has always had HDMI out, as did the K7/K5.
02-26-2015, 12:53 AM - 1 Like   #7
Pentaxian

RICOH don't support older cameras with firmware updates UNLESS it's to help them sell a new accessory (such as the 1.4 tele extension).
You can bet that if they produced a field monitor, they'd rush out a patch to enable HDMI out during recording for the K-01. It's simple business economics with RICOH.