Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-23-2015, 09:26 PM   #1

Lens information missing in EXIF on pentax K-01 uses FW 1.05

I bought Pentax K-01 use canmera. When i take photos with lens kit DAII, DA50, A50... JPGE file lens inmarmation missing, but iso, aperture... dont miss.
But I take RAW+, JPGE miss lens information, file RAW don't miss anything.. I resest all but notthing chane.

sory English not well but i can read

04-23-2015, 09:29 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Post a sample image?
04-23-2015, 09:34 PM   #3

Original Poster
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=3604b8ab3182611!9627&authkey=!ANgF31Kj...t=folder%2cJPG
this image i take RAW+ and IPGE
04-23-2015, 09:59 PM - 1 Like   #4

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by zozozo512 Quote
Your jpgs are not missing the lens data. I downloaded the one with the Lego man and I can see with Lightroom that you used DA 18-55 II.

It's more likely that your image viewer is just showing you abbreviated metadata.

04-23-2015, 10:01 PM - 1 Like   #5

The lens info is there, but in the "wrong place." It's in the Lens Type field of the Maker Notes section of the EXIF data. Looking at one of your images, I see "smc PENTAX-DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL II" in EXIFtool, which can interpret Pentax lens codes.
As for why this is happening, I couldn't tell you--it's Pentax's design of their EXIF data. I think that's where Pentax DSLRS usually put this info, and it's up to a particular piece of software to read and display it (what software are you viewing the EXIF details in?).
It's messy, but you can use EXIFtool to copy the data to the correct field--this thread has a post describing the process.
04-23-2015, 10:21 PM - 1 Like   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The Lens Model and Lens Info tags are usually not populated by the camera. Instead, numeric lens codes are written to the makernotes section where they are available for interpretation by software. ExifTool as well as Lightroom, PDCU, and other programs have look-up tables that map the lens codes to names for display purposes. Those names may then be written to the Lens Model and Lens Info tags in the standard exif if the software supports that function. If the software you are using does not display the lens name, either it is incapable of reading the Pentax makernotes or its tables do not have the code for the lens used.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 04-23-2015 at 10:27 PM.
04-23-2015, 10:48 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bar_foo Quote
The lens info is there, but in the "wrong place." It's in the Lens Type field of the Maker Notes section of the EXIF data. Looking at one of your images, I see "smc PENTAX-DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL II" in EXIFtool, which can interpret Pentax lens codes.
As for why this is happening, I couldn't tell you--it's Pentax's design of their EXIF data. I think that's where Pentax DSLRS usually put this info, and it's up to a particular piece of software to read and display it (what software are you viewing the EXIF details in?).
It's messy, but you can use EXIFtool to copy the data to the correct field--this thread has a post describing the process.
oh, thanks you. This found is lightroom i use and pentax get information wrong place. But the way fix it is hard.