Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-25-2015, 06:02 PM   #1
Veteran Member

First shots with new K-01

Loving this camera so far. Both JPG out of cam.

04-25-2015, 06:22 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Nice shots.

You might want to check the camera settings. The date is wrong on your files: Date and Time (Original) - 2016:01:13
04-25-2015, 10:37 PM   #3
Pentaxian

nice!
04-25-2015, 11:32 PM   #4
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice shots.

The K-01 is a great little camera IMHO and a 'under-valued' great IQ camera.

04-26-2015, 01:29 AM   #5
Veteran Member

You'll get addicted to the K-01's quality real quick
04-26-2015, 02:57 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
K-01 is a great little camera. Welcome to the club!
04-26-2015, 07:36 AM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by jayman_1975 Quote
Loving this camera so far. Both JPG out of cam.

Nice ... by the way, I hear that a small mirrorless compatible with K-mount is not possible because of the flange distance; however, since pentax lenses are being used with say sony mirrorless bodies with the help of an adaptor, wouldn't be possible to build a pentax K-mount mirrorless body that is slimmer and with an integrated protruding adapter ? (effectively, it would be as small as other mirrorless but lenses would be effectively longer) That I would buy ...

---------- Post added 04-26-15 at 09:43 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ragde Quote
Nice ... by the way, I hear that a small mirrorless compatible with K-mount is not possible because of the flange distance; however, since pentax lenses are being used with say sony mirrorless bodies with the help of an adaptor, wouldn't be possible to build a pentax K-mount mirrorless body that is slimmer and with an integrated protruding adapter ? (effectively, it would be as small as other mirrorless but lenses would be effectively longer) That I would buy ...
ah, and if the adapter (adaptor?) is removable, they could still develop another line of lenses if it's worthwhile ... it seems like a good way into the mirrorless market as all the old lenses could still be used ...

04-26-2015, 08:57 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster

---------- Post added 04-26-15 at 09:43 AM ----------

ah, and if the adapter (adaptor?) is removable, they could still develop another line of lenses if it's worthwhile ... it seems like a good way into the mirrorless market as all the old lenses could still be used ...
I never gave it much thought. The K-01 feels a lot smaller to me than my K5IIs or my K3 and therefore is exactly what I was looking for in a smaller package. I wouldn't give up an IQ to go to a smaller yet system. I had the GR for a time and although it was indeed a pocketable camera, I felt it didn't hold up as well in lower light situations as my K5II and he OOC JPGs were terrible so I sold it. If I can shoot JPG that look like these consistently with my K-01 It will be my most used cam.
04-27-2015, 03:17 AM   #9
Veteran Member

wouldn't be possible to build a pentax K-mount mirrorless body that is slimmer and with an integrated protruding adapter ? (effectively, it would be as small as other mirrorless but lenses would be effectively longer) That I would buy ...
Sounds like you need a Pentax Q, with the K-to-Q adapter.

SMC-M and SMC-A lenses go real nice on Sony A7 series btw, with the extra length of the K-to-E adapter.
04-27-2015, 05:30 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Steve.Ledger Quote
Nice shots.

You might want to check the camera settings. The date is wrong on your files: Date and Time (Original) - 2016:01:13
Fixed. Thanks for the heads up.