Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-08-2015, 05:52 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
New 2 lens K-01 Kit

I actually regret selling my K-01 a few years ago. I went to my local camera store and they still have a new black K-01 2 lens kit, DA 18-55 and DA 50-200 for $449. Sounds like a great deal, even better since I will sell the lenses. Any thoughts pro or con?

12-08-2015, 05:58 PM   #2
Veteran Member

You might be able to get $200 for both lenses. DA or DA L?
Around $250 for the body, how much did you sell yours for...?
12-08-2015, 05:59 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Truly new? Not a bad price for the K-01 plus two. If that was a good fit for you it's pretty cool to grab one of the last.
PM me if you want a shade for your rear screen!
12-08-2015, 06:03 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
You might be able to get $200 for both lenses. DA or DA L?
Around $250 for the body, how much did you sell yours for...?
I'm pretty sure they are the DA L. If I recall, it was around $400.

12-08-2015, 06:05 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Best case sell lenses for $200. Body therefore costs $250.
Worst case sell lenses for $100. Body therefore costs $350.
Sounds like a good deal to me... not sure what the value of a new K-01 today is though.
12-08-2015, 06:06 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jimr-pdx Quote
Truly new? Not a bad price for the K-01 plus two. If that was a good fit for you it's pretty cool to grab one of the last.
PM me if you want a shade for your rear screen!
Yes, new in box. I know the owners and purchased a lot of gear there so I trust them. I would use it for sure, but it maybe a purchase to have a camera that is truly unique! I'll let you know about the rear shade!
12-08-2015, 06:14 PM   #7
Pentaxian

I also regretted selling my K-01. It was a handy camera, that gave amazing results. I found another one for $200 and snapped it up.

I actually sold my K5 in anticipation of the full framer, but with the K-01 I haven't missed it.

12-08-2015, 06:16 PM   #8

i only wish it worked with the gps unit
12-08-2015, 06:46 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I wonder if this would be eligible for the 2 year extended warranty that is sold for under $20.

K-01 is really an excellent camera, I've had mine for nearly 3 years and of all the cameras I've owned over the years it is my favorite.
12-09-2015, 12:08 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I've been thinking of putting my K-01 on the Market Place. It's an excellent camera but I just can't get used to the mirrorless interface, so I rarely use it. Shutter count is just over 2400. Maybe I'll list it this week so someone can get themselves and early Christmas present.
12-21-2015, 11:05 AM   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by david94903 Quote
I've been thinking of putting my K-01 on the Market Place. It's an excellent camera but I just can't get used to the mirrorless interface, so I rarely use it. Shutter count is just over 2400. Maybe I'll list it this week so someone can get themselves and early Christmas present.
I'm intrigued by your avatar; do you always rotate your camera counter-clockwise, putting your right hand on the top left corner of the camera, when you take vertically-oriented pictures?? Once I asked a wedding photographer why she did it that way, and she replied that she had never really thought about it. I always rotate it the other way, putting my right hand on the lower right corner of the camera; its seems more natural to me to keep my right hand on the right side of the camera, but my daughter wondered if there is something innate that causes a lefty like me to do it that way.
12-21-2015, 11:21 AM   #12
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I'm intrigued by your avatar; do you always rotate your camera counter-clockwise, putting your right hand on the top left corner of the camera, when you take vertically-oriented pictures?? Once I asked a wedding photographer why she did it that way, and she replied that she had never really thought about it. I always rotate it the other way, putting my right hand on the lower right corner of the camera; its seems more natural to me to keep my right hand on the right side of the camera, but my daughter wondered if there is something innate that causes a lefty like me to do it that way.
I think you are the odd ball....... Also turn right hand up.
12-21-2015, 11:28 AM   #13
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
I think you are the odd ball....... Also turn right hand up.
Same here. Turning it clockwise with the hand on the bottom would put an unnatural feeling bend in the wrist.
12-21-2015, 09:59 PM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Right hand at the bottom here. I have long arms; putting my right hand at the top would have my elbow flapping in the air, while right hand at the bottom lets me keep my elbows tucked in. The user guide for the ME Super (the first SLR I ever used) showed both orientations for portrait use. The manual for my P30t only showed right at top; by then I was already used to doing it the other way. I never thought about it until a friend told me I was holding my K-30 "wrong".
12-22-2015, 01:52 AM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I have to say, I've never thought about it either. I just feels natural to hold the camera vertically that way. Seems to work