Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-08-2015, 05:52 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
EricBrown's Avatar

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Arlington, VA USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 709
New 2 lens K-01 Kit

I actually regret selling my K-01 a few years ago. I went to my local camera store and they still have a new black K-01 2 lens kit, DA 18-55 and DA 50-200 for $449. Sounds like a great deal, even better since I will sell the lenses. Any thoughts pro or con?

12-08-2015, 05:58 PM   #2
Pentaxian
bertwert's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Golden, BC
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,148
You might be able to get $200 for both lenses. DA or DA L?
Around $250 for the body, how much did you sell yours for...?
12-08-2015, 05:59 PM   #3
Site Supporter
jimr-pdx's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Location: 1hr north of PDX
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,491
Truly new? Not a bad price for the K-01 plus two. If that was a good fit for you it's pretty cool to grab one of the last.
PM me if you want a shade for your rear screen!
12-08-2015, 06:03 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
EricBrown's Avatar

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Arlington, VA USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 709
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
You might be able to get $200 for both lenses. DA or DA L?
Around $250 for the body, how much did you sell yours for...?
I'm pretty sure they are the DA L. If I recall, it was around $400.

12-08-2015, 06:05 PM   #5
Pentaxian
bertwert's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Golden, BC
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,148
Best case sell lenses for $200. Body therefore costs $250.
Worst case sell lenses for $100. Body therefore costs $350.
Sounds like a good deal to me... not sure what the value of a new K-01 today is though.
12-08-2015, 06:06 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
EricBrown's Avatar

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Arlington, VA USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 709
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jimr-pdx Quote
Truly new? Not a bad price for the K-01 plus two. If that was a good fit for you it's pretty cool to grab one of the last.
PM me if you want a shade for your rear screen!
Yes, new in box. I know the owners and purchased a lot of gear there so I trust them. I would use it for sure, but it maybe a purchase to have a camera that is truly unique! I'll let you know about the rear shade!
12-08-2015, 06:14 PM   #7
Site Supporter
filmamigo's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 677
I also regretted selling my K-01. It was a handy camera, that gave amazing results. I found another one for $200 and snapped it up.

I actually sold my K5 in anticipation of the full framer, but with the K-01 I haven't missed it.
12-08-2015, 06:16 PM   #8
Senior Member
jkomp316's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2013
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 227
i only wish it worked with the gps unit

12-08-2015, 06:46 PM   #9
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NJ
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,730
I wonder if this would be eligible for the 2 year extended warranty that is sold for under $20.

K-01 is really an excellent camera, I've had mine for nearly 3 years and of all the cameras I've owned over the years it is my favorite.
12-09-2015, 12:08 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
david94903's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: San Rafael, CA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 209
I've been thinking of putting my K-01 on the Market Place. It's an excellent camera but I just can't get used to the mirrorless interface, so I rarely use it. Shutter count is just over 2400. Maybe I'll list it this week so someone can get themselves and early Christmas present.
12-21-2015, 11:05 AM   #11
Site Supporter




Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: South Bend, IN, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,866
QuoteOriginally posted by david94903 Quote
I've been thinking of putting my K-01 on the Market Place. It's an excellent camera but I just can't get used to the mirrorless interface, so I rarely use it. Shutter count is just over 2400. Maybe I'll list it this week so someone can get themselves and early Christmas present.
I'm intrigued by your avatar; do you always rotate your camera counter-clockwise, putting your right hand on the top left corner of the camera, when you take vertically-oriented pictures?? Once I asked a wedding photographer why she did it that way, and she replied that she had never really thought about it. I always rotate it the other way, putting my right hand on the lower right corner of the camera; its seems more natural to me to keep my right hand on the right side of the camera, but my daughter wondered if there is something innate that causes a lefty like me to do it that way.
12-21-2015, 11:21 AM   #12
Pentaxian
RonHendriks1966's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,645
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I'm intrigued by your avatar; do you always rotate your camera counter-clockwise, putting your right hand on the top left corner of the camera, when you take vertically-oriented pictures?? Once I asked a wedding photographer why she did it that way, and she replied that she had never really thought about it. I always rotate it the other way, putting my right hand on the lower right corner of the camera; its seems more natural to me to keep my right hand on the right side of the camera, but my daughter wondered if there is something innate that causes a lefty like me to do it that way.
I think you are the odd ball....... Also turn right hand up.
12-21-2015, 11:28 AM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,450
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
I think you are the odd ball....... Also turn right hand up.
Same here. Turning it clockwise with the hand on the bottom would put an unnatural feeling bend in the wrist.
12-21-2015, 09:59 PM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
THoog's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,445
Right hand at the bottom here. I have long arms; putting my right hand at the top would have my elbow flapping in the air, while right hand at the bottom lets me keep my elbows tucked in. The user guide for the ME Super (the first SLR I ever used) showed both orientations for portrait use. The manual for my P30t only showed right at top; by then I was already used to doing it the other way. I never thought about it until a friend told me I was holding my K-30 "wrong".
12-22-2015, 01:52 AM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
david94903's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: San Rafael, CA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 209
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I'm intrigued by your avatar; do you always rotate your camera counter-clockwise, putting your right hand on the top left corner of the camera, when you take vertically-oriented pictures?? Once I asked a wedding photographer why she did it that way, and she replied that she had never really thought about it. I always rotate it the other way, putting my right hand on the lower right corner of the camera; its seems more natural to me to keep my right hand on the right side of the camera, but my daughter wondered if there is something innate that causes a lefty like me to do it that way.
I have to say, I've never thought about it either. I just feels natural to hold the camera vertically that way. Seems to work
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
da, k-01, k01, kit, lens, mirrorless, pentax k-01
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2 lens kit with new K-S2 first thoughts Jamey777 Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 9 10-05-2015 09:29 AM
New K-3 with old kit lens or new lens for K-30 kiberkli Pentax K-3 9 12-31-2014 02:30 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:57 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top