Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-10-2016, 06:07 PM   #1
A Proud PENTAXER !!!

Photos: Gallery | Albums
IR Conversions ?

Are there any recent K-01 infrared conversions to report? [I searched the K-01 forum for such info, but I didn't find any since 2013.]

It certainly seems as if the K-01 is a ~natural~ for IR conversion. [I'm "thinking outside the box" here, since I don't have a K-01 just yet (or maybe that makes it "thinking ~before~ the box" - LOL) (and what a "box" the K-01 is, eh?) (but I digress...).]

01-10-2016, 07:20 PM   #2
Pentaxian

A good question. I had thought of getting my K-r converted but as it would be 50 dollars more and the K01 may be the better IR camera it might not make sense to convert the K-r. Mind you with the Canadian dollar being what it is might not make any sense to do either right now.
01-10-2016, 08:40 PM   #3
Emperor and Senpai

I had mine converted to full spectrum, but I generally use it for IR with a filter screwed on the front of the lens. It works great, but make sure your lenses don't IR hotspot. There is a good list out there of which do and which don't.
01-10-2016, 09:38 PM   #4
A Proud PENTAXER !!!

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
[...] make sure your lenses don't IR hotspot. There is a good list out there of which do and which don't.
Is that at Lens Hotspot List Kolari Vision (or is there another list) ?