Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-16-2016, 01:08 PM   #1

K-01 manual lens issuses

I have a k-01 And use a m42 adapter for it. the issues I am having is, whenever I try to focus, change aperture, bump the lens, breath too hard, etc, it ends the video, or if I'm shooting photos and am zooming in to nail the focusing, it go's. I did some test by putting tape in between the lens and the electrical contacts on the camera and the problem goes away. how do I get it to stop doing this, without messing up the flange distance (the distance between the sensor and the lens)? or dose a small change not matter (for infinity) focusing on a telephoto ( I only have primes right now so it doesn't make much of a difference, but at 300mm I think it would). I have all ready been tould by the custermer servie people "you should set Using Aperture Ring to Permitted in the Custom Functions menu".

04-16-2016, 01:25 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You might find this helpful:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/116-pentax-k-r/271872-tests-plated-vs-pai...r-whats-t.html

Sounds like covering the data contact with foil is all that's needed.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: