Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-01-2016, 03:52 PM   #1

Pentax K-01: Can P-Line be configured?

Dear K-01 legends,

Is it possible to configure the Program Line (P-line) option when setting the Green Button's actions in button customisation?

I can vary the P-Line (Program line) on my K3 through various options including normal, depth of field preference, shutter speed but I can't work out how to do it with my Pentax K-01.

Last edited by johnhilvert; 08-01-2016 at 03:58 PM.
08-01-2016, 04:22 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
AFAIK you can only change the program line on Pentax's flagship line (K-1, K-3, K-5, K-7, K20D, K10D, *ist D).

All other cameras that have a SCN mode dial setting (such as the K-01, K-30, K-50, K-70, K200D, K-x/K-r/K-m,*ist DS/L) that provides access to alternate program lines, but they can otherwise not be selected for P/Tv/Av/M shooting.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

08-01-2016, 04:42 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
My experience says Adam is right, and I've accepted as one of the puzzling things about Pentax P-line on cams other than the flagships. My other great puzzler is why K-01 flash implementation is the only camera that shows "Manual Flash" in the flash menus, rather than "flash on," and how its behavior differs.
08-01-2016, 05:14 PM   #4
Lens Buying Addict

Photos: Gallery | Albums
In my experience it appears Pentax cameras have two software sets; mid-range and flagship. The primary difference seems to be fewer manual adjustment settings in the mid-range. For instance, on my K-01 M is buried under TAv.

08-02-2016, 12:52 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks, all.

So if P-line can't be configured, Do I assume it just means it's set to normal exposure ie a balance between ISO, Shutter speed and aperture?

Or might it be the MTF setting for the particular lens? In my case it's the Pentax 40mm F2.8 ltd version.

The reason I ask is that apart from OFF, the alternatives to P-line for the green button are just. Av-shift and Tv-shift?