Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-14-2016, 01:02 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
55-300mm PLM on the K-01

My K-01 finally arrived, pretty impressed with it actually. I tried the 55-300mm PLM on the camera and it works perfectly on it, no issues at all that I can see.

12-14-2016, 01:24 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Is the aperture value changing at all? Without the firmware update the lens should always shoot wide open, I believe.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-14-2016, 01:42 PM - 1 Like   #3
Forum Member

I wish Pentax would update the K-01 software one more time for these new lenses. I love the K-01.
12-14-2016, 01:54 PM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Is the aperture value changing at all? Without the firmware update the lens should always shoot wide open, I believe.
My mistake, it looks like i jumped the gun, you can shoot it wide open no problem, you just can't stop it down, even though the exposure meter changes the values it's obviously doing the calculations from the wide open values but doesn't close the aperture when it takes the shot. Oh well, it partially works anyway.

---------- Post added 12-14-16 at 09:41 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The aperture values do change but it doesn't actually close the aperture down, so it's calculating the aperture values based on the wide open value rather than closing the aperture to check the values.

12-14-2016, 10:23 PM - 1 Like   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by papillon_65 Quote
My mistake, it looks like i jumped the gun, you can shoot it wide open no problem, you just can't stop it down, even though the exposure meter changes the values it's obviously doing the calculations from the wide open values but doesn't close the aperture when it takes the shot. Oh well, it partially works anyway.

---------- Post added 12-14-16 at 09:41 PM ----------

The aperture values do change but it doesn't actually close the aperture down, so it's calculating the aperture values based on the wide open value rather than closing the aperture to check the values.
That makes sense. At least the lens is partially functional, though!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-15-2016, 08:20 AM   #6
Forum Member

Adam,and to others, would it be your opinion that this is now Ricoh/Pentax position and now can step away from the "all lenses will work" aspect of the Pentax brand that for many of us
have embraced and made us loyal to the brand over the years? I have not been active poster but a loyal Pentax shooter over the years. Those new lenses look sweet for the fast focus
PLM motors...but I don't see me upgrading my cameras for them, actually very happy but would like a lens or two ...I see others bemoaning the same as I but I would appreciate your respected
viewpoint on the issue, on what to expect... do you think firmware will be made available? or is the writing on the wall?...I don't recall reading your opinion on the topic and
if you have please direct me to the comment...thank you in advance and Merry Christmas!