Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-07-2017, 10:12 PM - 1 Like   #31
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by clickclick Quote
I'm trying to figure out what you're referencing - on eBay, I see jeweler's loops, an eyepiece that fits a Canon DSLR, but not seeing anything that makes sense to me for the K-01. What am I missing? Do you have a link?

Thanks!
Like this one...

V3 LCD Viewfinder 2.8X Lens Magnifier Extender Hood for Canon EOS 60D 600D T3i | eBay

03-07-2017, 11:36 PM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Or this one (more pricey) works with K-01

Also for sale on the Marketplace.
03-08-2017, 04:58 AM - 1 Like   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

loop

Got it - thanks all for the references
03-08-2017, 05:10 AM - 1 Like   #34
Pentaxian

I find a hat is all I need to get rid of most of the glare on my K-01's screen. And the state of Flordia has some very bright light

For video work you'd probably want a loupe but for general focusing, I don't think so.

03-08-2017, 05:28 AM - 1 Like   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by madison_wi_gal Quote
He is selling it because shutter is noisy.
Seller is an idiot,...

I've done Behind Scenes photos during takes on film sets, and the Soundies have reported that they couldn't hear the camera firing.
A mates K-30 gets nasty looks from the soundies.
Once you're off angle from the shotgun mic's, the K-01 is more then quiet enough for most uses.
03-08-2017, 08:25 AM   #36
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PiDicus Rex Quote
Seller is an idiot,...

I've done Behind Scenes photos during takes on film sets, and the Soundies have reported that they couldn't hear the camera firing.
A mates K-30 gets nasty looks from the soundies.
Once you're off angle from the shotgun mic's, the K-01 is more then quiet enough for most uses.
Well, I don't know the back story, perhaps he thinks it is fine, but his wife says it is noisy during their kids piano recital. Or some variant of that. He was very good to work with on eBay and packed it impeccably, great communication and offered follow up (through eBay messaging, of course) if I had any issues. I did turn the beep off, but otherwise it is not loud to me either.

So I'll be interested to see if my "new" KEH K-30 is even louder than my K-r clunker.
03-08-2017, 11:15 AM - 1 Like   #37
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by madison_wi_gal Quote
Well, the K-01 arrived. 8 actuations just as advertised. Now it has 16. Took a few shots then started reading the sticky & review about recommended settings. Weird not looking through eyepiece.
Try holding it different. Put your right thumb on the shutterbutton and support the lens with your left hand. This is a good way to hold your K-01.

https://flic.kr/p/SzGp1T

The nailpaint is optional, but recommended!

Last edited by RonHendriks1966; 03-08-2017 at 11:38 AM.