Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-02-2017, 07:35 PM - 1 Like   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
madison_wi_gal's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Madison WI
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 214
LBA has now morphed to CBA

My beloved K-r is about to have a baby brother. Saw a K-01 package on eBay, sniped it, then deleted the snipe (do I *really* want a mirrorless camera? I love looking through the viewfinder), then added it back, then deleted it... tonight, 4 hours before it ended, I randomly put a price that I thought would be fair into my snipe app, went out to the grocery store... and... ding! Got it. Body, 18-55 and 50-200. Supposedly 8 clicks on body. Yup, 8. Not sure what the story is yet.

So... I guess I now have CBA. Will it stop?

03-02-2017, 08:17 PM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian
ZombieArmy's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,029
K-01 is an amazing body for manual lenses. Even when I inevitably upgrade to something like a KP in the future I'll still have my k-01 around for snapshots with my small manual lenses and trips where I need a yellow brick instead of a "pro" looking camera.

I do recommend getting the DA 40mm xs with it though if you don't already have it. It's like a match made in heaven.
03-02-2017, 08:23 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
madison_wi_gal's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Madison WI
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 214
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ZombieArmy Quote
I do recommend getting the DA 40mm xs with it though if you don't already have it. It's like a match made in heaven.
Uh, that was phase one, the LBA. I snagged that one here on the Marketplace. My new K-01 is Black, I wish it were yellow but that is OK.

Seller just told me that it was sold to him as "low shutter count" - he was surprised how low. He is selling it because shutter is noisy. My K-r is a clunker so noisy is normal, *but* should K-01 be noisy?

Now I have *two* 18-55's.
03-02-2017, 08:32 PM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian
ZombieArmy's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,029
QuoteOriginally posted by madison_wi_gal Quote
Uh, that was phase one, the LBA. I snagged that one here on the Marketplace. My new K-01 is Black, I wish it were yellow but that is OK.

Seller just told me that it was sold to him as "low shutter count" - he was surprised how low. He is selling it because shutter is noisy. My K-r is a clunker so noisy is normal, *but* should K-01 be noisy?

Now I have *two* 18-55's.
I mean the k-01 has a physical shutter so it will make some noise, but it has no mirror so it shouldn't be terribly loud either.

03-02-2017, 08:40 PM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Sandy Hancock's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Adelaide Hills, South Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,011
Anyone who thinks the K-01 is noisy should shoot a LX.
03-02-2017, 08:45 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
madison_wi_gal's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Madison WI
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 214
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ZombieArmy Quote
I mean the k-01 has a physical shutter so it will make some noise, but it has no mirror so it shouldn't be terribly loud either.
OK, well I guess I'll find out. Some reviews talk about how quiet it is (relative to K-5 etc) and another review says that it is loud. Unless this is an unusual specimen (I saw a test shot and it is very nice, but it was taken with a 40 Ltd) I guess I won't worry. I'm not trying to take pictures in a quiet church or anything.
03-02-2017, 08:52 PM - 1 Like   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
kiwi_jono's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,306
I'm pretty sure you will like it. I have a K-1 now but plan on keeping the K-01 as well as its a great camera for travelling light (smallish, light and good IQ) and I actually quite like the look of our bumble bee.
03-02-2017, 09:00 PM - 2 Likes   #8
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: mid nth coast,nsw
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,660
QuoteOriginally posted by kiwi_jono Quote
I'm pretty sure you will like it. I have a K-1 now but plan on keeping the K-01 as well as its a great camera for travelling light (smallish, light and good IQ) and I actually quite like the look of our bumble bee.
I sold my Bumbling BEE to go SMURFing, its the ideal spare battery holder and 40Ltd storage spot for the big beast K1!....just takes a small space in a small backpak but provides a convenient compact snapshoter.The classic is becoming collectable!

03-02-2017, 09:01 PM - 1 Like   #9
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NJ
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,155
QuoteOriginally posted by madison_wi_gal Quote
OK, well I guess I'll find out. Some reviews talk about how quiet it is (relative to K-5 etc) and another review says that it is loud. Unless this is an unusual specimen (I saw a test shot and it is very nice, but it was taken with a 40 Ltd) I guess I won't worry. I'm not trying to take pictures in a quiet church or anything.
The K-01 is loudish relative to some of the m4/3 bodies. It's slightly quieter than the K-5, although the K-5 has that wonderfully silky snick that I just love.

I've had my beloved bumblebee for 4 years, and it's my favorite camera ever.
03-02-2017, 09:12 PM - 2 Likes   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Sandy Hancock's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Adelaide Hills, South Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,011
You guys are making me nostalgic! I want my silver brick back now
03-02-2017, 09:31 PM - 1 Like   #11
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NJ
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,155
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
You guys are making me nostalgic! I want my silver brick back now
K-01 apostates not welcome.




03-02-2017, 09:35 PM - 1 Like   #12
Pentaxian
ZombieArmy's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,029
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
You guys are making me nostalgic! I want my silver brick back now
I don't think I could get rid of mine for the looks alone, there will never be another camera like it.
03-02-2017, 09:37 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
madison_wi_gal's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Madison WI
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 214
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ZombieArmy Quote
I don't think I could get rid of mine for the looks alone, there will never be another camera like it.
I might have to get some yellow electrical tape for my new baby.
03-02-2017, 09:45 PM - 1 Like   #14
Pentaxian
ZombieArmy's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,029
QuoteOriginally posted by madison_wi_gal Quote
I might have to get some yellow electrical tape for my new baby.
Oh yeah just a fair tip. The mode dial has a tenancy to come off. I think it's the only design flaw with the camera so be careful not to lose it when it eventually does
03-02-2017, 09:53 PM - 1 Like   #15
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NJ
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,155
Who could ever forget the K-01's cameo at the end of this Oscar-worthy production...

Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
body, cba, k-01, k01, mirrorless, pentax k-01
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
what are your 2011 LBA/CBA itch ? Pentaxor Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 86 02-11-2011 09:51 PM
LBA/CBA Alert! deadwolfbones Pentax Film SLR Discussion 13 07-30-2009 06:28 AM
Live Cashback + Ebay Coupon = LBA+CBA! qdoan General Talk 12 12-11-2008 10:25 AM
LBA - CBA am I too cheap? Lowell Goudge Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 12 12-02-2008 01:02 PM
Ha! What an LBA and CBA deal! FireMate Pentax DSLR Discussion 2 07-19-2007 10:54 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:22 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top