Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-03-2018, 08:04 AM   #1

K-01 Menu Lock Ups just started

My venerable K-01 just started locking up when I'm in the menu and scroll to the end tab (either direction). Nothing works except to pull the battery. Other than the lock up, the camera works just fine. I found a much earlier thread where another user experienced this, and the suggestion was to update the firmware. My K-01 is updated to version 1.05, but I am thinking about re-installing said version to see if that helps. Anyone else experience this issue? Any suggestions for a cure? Thanks!

03-03-2018, 09:11 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Try the firmware reinstall. Might try another battery although I doubt that will offer any cure. Sound's like a software issue but that could be involved with something like internal memory or processing so there might be a Pentax repair job in your future.
03-03-2018, 06:56 PM   #3

Original Poster
Update refresh worked!

Just got around to applying a firmware refresh, and that seems to have fixed the problem, at least for now. Thanks for you reply.
03-03-2018, 09:52 PM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MNCurt-K10D Quote
Just got around to applying a firmware refresh, and that seems to have fixed the problem, at least for now. Thanks for you reply.
Glad that did the trick. It could have been a glitch of some kind or a spark of static in the right place. Worst case could be your camera's flash memory is developing a problem, but the proof is in the pudding as they say and you won't know until you use your camera for some time. It's good news that it was fixable and we'll hope the issue is just a distant memory a year or more from now

03-06-2018, 09:27 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hope that works. Didn't know a firmware could be refreshed. Figured the camera would refuse since it was already present. Interesting.
Thanks,
barondla