Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-16-2018, 06:02 PM - 1 Like   #16
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by ZombieArmy Quote
It's incredibly dated unless all you do is use manual lenses.
That's pretty much all I use it for.

I'm incredibly dated as well.

10-16-2018, 07:44 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supportaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
The only apsc body I did not sell when I bought a K-1 (two actually) was my black K-01.

People aren't intimidated by it because it doesn't look like a 'serious' body. It's particularly easy to bring into concerts and public events where other bodies would be prohibited.

It's an absolute joy with smallish manual lenses (A50/1.2 my fave) and the limiteds.

It's light weight and mirrorless design makes it great mounted on a telescope.

I won't be selling it any time soon.
11-06-2018, 09:05 PM   #18
Veteran Member

I was always interested in the K01, and earlier this year I got a chance to get one, purchased a black one with only around 4000 clicks in it.
Turns out I really dig this little camera, it is just a fun camera especially for walk around. I have it in a bag with older manual lenses due to the fact that the AF pretty much sucks. I keep this camera in my car for emergency photos for the times oi don't have my DSLR a on me, with never get rid of it.....
11-07-2018, 10:12 PM   #19

Stop saying nice things about the K-01! I just "discovered" this a short while ago and am looking to procure one, especially with the 40mm pancake. You guys are driving up the prices!!! :-P

11-08-2018, 03:06 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by BirdDude007 Quote
I was always interested in the K01, and earlier this year I got a chance to get one, purchased a black one with only around 4000 clicks in it.
Turns out I really dig this little camera, it is just a fun camera especially for walk around. I have it in a bag with older manual lenses due to the fact that the AF pretty much sucks. I keep this camera in my car for emergency photos for the times oi don't have my DSLR a on me, with never get rid of it.....
Hey Bird Dude!
Don't forget to update the firmware. It can make a difference in AF, especially in household lighting.
11-11-2018, 04:06 AM   #21

i really love the K-01 , they are so hard to get nowadays (in decent condition)
hope mine doesn't die anytime soon
Or... pentax pls bring a K-02
11-21-2018, 07:44 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lytrytyr Quote
The way I look at it,
if the lighting's too harsh to see the screen,
it's probably too harsh for a worthwhile photograph.
If you're an artist, perhaps yes, but my guide through fifty years of photography has always been "Capture today before tomorrow comes and every thing changes". My photography style includes many photographs taken in direct sunlight .... that happens to be very good lighting to capture reality. I had my Q-7 for six months before my Canon Rebel died, and by then I was quite convinced that the K-01 may be a fine camera, but without an EVF it would be of little use to me.

I am remain firmly convinced that Pentax learned the wrong lesson from the K-01 ..... if it had an EVF, there would have been K-02, K-03, etc.

11-23-2018, 07:30 AM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by squareeyes Quote
Hey Bird Dude!
Don't forget to update the firmware. It can make a difference in AF, especially in household lighting.
I will check for updates but I updated it when I first got it, thx