Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-06-2019, 02:03 PM   #1

Focus Peaking Problem with the K-01 [solved]

Hello there Pentax friends,
After some time off I went back to using my yellow K-01 and I found that the Focus Peaking is doing something weird: some objects around the screen are going yellow and red regardless if they're on focus or not.

I looked in the Menu of the camera and I couldn't find anything about it. I tried with reseting all the functions to default values but it's still doing the same. I tried with downloading the latest firmaware and nothing, it keeps happening.

Have you ever dealt or heard of something like this?

Thank you and I'm sorry if somebody already asked about this but I couldn't find anything on the forum about it.

Here are two videos with the problem:

Last edited by Matias_baez; 03-06-2019 at 02:29 PM.
03-06-2019, 02:20 PM - 3 Likes   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
You have Show Bright/Dark area turned on, that's what you see. Go into the Menu, third tab in the first row, choose Live view, enter into the sub-menu, then deselect Bright/Dark Area - that's it.
03-06-2019, 02:35 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Caver Quote
You have Show Bright/Dark area turned on, that's what you see. Go into the Menu, third tab in the first row, choose Live view, enter into the sub-menu, then deselect Bright/Dark Area - that's it.
Thank you so much!

I feel so silly. I must have activated that option before I stopped using the camera.

I was thinking that there was some kind of problem with the software or even the sensor due to the long period of time without using it.

Thank you again, seriously, thank you!!!
03-06-2019, 03:34 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Matias_baez Quote
Thank you so much!

I feel so silly. I must have activated that option before I stopped using the camera.

I was thinking that there was some kind of problem with the software or even the sensor due to the long period of time without using it.

Thank you again, seriously, thank you!!!
You are welcome! This kind of stuff happens. last time I couldn't figure out why on earth I cant turn on shake reduction Then I realized I left the camera on infrared remote

03-10-2019, 09:37 PM - 1 Like   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Caver Quote
You are welcome! This kind of stuff happens. last time I couldn't figure out why on earth I cant turn on shake reduction Then I realized I left the camera on infrared remote
Ah yeah! Like I was telling you, I didn't use the camera for a few months and now i was thinking that this thing was maybe because of time not being use.
I asked a couple of friends and they had no idea... one of them even told me that he stopped using his pentax camera because he couldn't find anyone to fix it!
So, just to think that for my camera I was already like this

I really appreciate your quick response man, thanks again!

Have a great week

Last edited by Matias_baez; 03-10-2019 at 09:53 PM.