Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-06-2019, 10:41 AM - 2 Likes   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Almost abusive testing of my K-01

Hello,

Last week I posted about getting my "new" to me K-01 My "new" (to me) K-01 - PentaxForums.com

How would it handle a challenging scene? How about a just waxed bright white car at noon in the tropical sun?

K-01
DA35
ISO 100
Av@ f5.6
I knew the dynamic range was good, but it is better than I thought. I couldn't even stare directly to the car. The open door shot really impressed me. I thought either the pedals would not be seen or the dash highlight would blow up.
I've heard many complaints about the K-01 screen in bright sunlight, but I did not find it that bad.

By the way, only a Pentax can make a white Corolla less boring

And for some real abuse, how about slapping a 500mm manual preset T-mount lens?
Yes, I think the balance of the camera gets a bit affected by it and it is not as discreet

Handheld
ISO400
1/1000
wide open (f8)
In the mid 90's with high humidity, heat haze slapped me long before the limits of the lens or the camera.

Conclusion: The 35 balances better than the 500

I'm just having fun.

Thanks,

07-06-2019, 01:35 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Good photos ismaelg!! Don't give all the credit to the K-01 It is a great camera though, and it's really too bad Pentax chose to discontinue its production. You can always use a helium balloon tied to the end of that 400mm to get a better balance!