Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-21-2022, 04:35 PM - 2 Likes   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
AC Adaptor for K-01 - a solution?

If, at this late date, anyone is still interested in using an AC adaptor with their K-01, this may be a solution
The D-Li109 "dummy battery" provided with the K-AC168E AC adaptor for use with the K-70 can be easily modified for use with the K-01!
The only "major" issue is the little lug in the K01 battery compartment for which there is no recess on the "dummy battery" so cut one
Now, the K-70 "dummy battery will sit snugly onto the K-01 battery terminals, the spacing is the same!
A couple of wedges or pieces of packaging to make the dummy battery up to the overall dimensions of the D-Li90, so's the dummy doesn't rattle loose, (these only need to be some bits of card or folded paper), and you're good to go

02-21-2022, 09:10 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Good news! Where is the little lug?
Inside the battery compartment on the K-01?
Or on the AC adapter "battery" replacement?

Thanks for sharing your success!
02-21-2022, 09:46 PM   #3
Pentaxian

I'm more likely to need this on an older body as I tend to use them for stuff like time-lapses.
02-22-2022, 01:44 AM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by yucatanPentax Quote
Good news! Where is the little lug?
Inside the battery compartment on the K-01?
Or on the AC adapter "battery" replacement?
Thanks for sharing your success!
The little lug is in the camera battery compartment … "The only "major" issue is the little lug in the K01 battery compartment"
If you examine the D-Li90 battery, with the label facing you and the contacts to the top, from right to left, there's three metal contacts, - T +, a blank position for a fourth contact, (which may have been implemented on newer batteries), then a smaller recess.
It's this recess that needs to be duplicated on the D-Li109 "dummy" so that it can mate with the battery contacts in the camera.
Obviously, a modicum of care is necessary, but it's the work of a minute or two with a sharp knife and a small file, having measured carefully … measure twice, cut once

---------- Post added 02-22-22 at 01:48 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
I'm more likely to need this on an older body as I tend to use them for stuff like time-lapses.
Hope I it helps
Unfortunately the HDMI on the K-01 is playback only, so an external HDMI "viewfinder" is not an option … if that's of any relevance.

Last edited by kypfer; 02-22-2022 at 01:52 AM.