Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-14-2022, 05:39 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Update: Bumblebee on eBay (did not buy this, but did get a "mint" one)

Looking at K-01 on eBay, $185 including 2 lenses I'll never use. Seller says 27429 actuations. Do I need a yellow camera this badly?

Last edited by madison_wi_gal; 05-22-2022 at 09:14 PM. Reason: added info
05-14-2022, 06:14 PM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by madison_wi_gal Quote
Looking at K-01 on eBay, $185 including 2 lenses I'll never use. Seller says 27429 actuations. Do I need a yellow camera this badly?
Lol. If you’re asking you’re secretly hoping someone else buys it to save you from yourself.
05-14-2022, 06:30 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Lol. If you’re asking you’re secretly hoping someone else buys it to save you from yourself.
True, but legit Q: -- is 27K a lot for that camera? i see that it is RATED for 100K, but still..

Last edited by madison_wi_gal; 05-14-2022 at 06:38 PM.
05-14-2022, 07:52 PM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
It's not a lot. My K3 and KP are around that number and they look and work like new.

05-14-2022, 08:25 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mbaez Quote
It's not a lot. My K3 and KP are around that number and they look and work like new.
Thanks!
05-15-2022, 01:14 AM - 1 Like   #6
Pentaxian

I'd be a little concerned about the "burn" on the screen if I wanted to use the camera on a regular/extended basis.
With many years experience in the electronics repair industry I've seen "minor flaws" like this develop into major faults very rapidly.
Pity it doesn't have the 40mm lens.
If you buy it as a "shelf queen" you'd end up with a couple of spare batteries and a charger for your K-3iii (if you need them) … maybe even recoup a little by selling a spare charger to another K-3iii user
05-15-2022, 05:44 AM - 1 Like   #7
Pentaxian

I spent the last few days accompanying my wffe birding;
I carried a Q-7 because it is light.
The K-01 has no such advantage.

05-15-2022, 06:33 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kypfer Quote
I'd be a little concerned about the "burn" on the screen if I wanted to use the camera on a regular/extended basis.
With many years experience in the electronics repair industry I've seen "minor flaws" like this develop into major faults very rapidly.
Pity it doesn't have the 40mm lens.
If you buy it as a "shelf queen" you'd end up with a couple of spare batteries and a charger for your K-3iii (if you need them) … maybe even recoup a little by selling a spare charger to another K-3iii user

Exactly. I saw a pristine (3K actuations) go on Pentax Marketplace last year for $133 or so, this one should go for less, but I can't control how people price out their stuff.

I eBayed the seller and said I'b be more interested when the auction is over and they relist without the lenses.

There were a few in Japan with much higher prices and all but one had stock photos which I am always suspicious of. Only one seller agreed to tell me actuations, in the 3K area.

---------- Post added 05-15-22 at 08:40 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I spent the last few days accompanying my wffe birding;
I carried a Q-7 because it is light.
The K-01 has no such advantage.
Yes, agreed. I'm starting to think that my desire to have cameras that are a different color is leading me down the wrong path. I had a black K-01 (used with a separately bought 40XS) and I hated it. Got it on eBay with 8 actuations for $322, sold it for ~ same with ~ 40 actuations.
05-15-2022, 03:30 PM - 1 Like   #9
Pentaxian

There were a few in Japan with much higher prices and all but one had stock photos which I am always suspicious of. Only one seller agreed to tell me actuations, in the 3K area.
When I purchased my Q-S1 last fall, I discovered that very few sellers were willing/able to tell me what the “shutter count”’ was or to give me a photo taken by the camera. My theory was that they gather whatever information they think will be useful - then box up the camera for shipment, and are very reluctant go to the warehouse to unbox it for any reason.
05-22-2022, 08:46 PM - 4 Likes   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
When I purchased my Q-S1 last fall, I discovered that very few sellers were willing/able to tell me what the “shutter count”’ was or to give me a photo taken by the camera. My theory was that they gather whatever information they think will be useful - then box up the camera for shipment, and are very reluctant go to the warehouse to unbox it for any reason.
Caved and bought a "mint" one (Japan) on eBay just now. Seller said they did not know shutter count so I suspect in warehouse... No lens, so now I have to find the 40 XS (if I care). Seller is 100% and takes returns so we shall see.

I liked that (I assume) the images of the camera and accessories were the camera itself and not a stock Pentax photo like some.

Aaaaand: bought 40 XS. Set is complete.

Aaaaand more: Bumblebee strap from Etsy!
Attached Images

Last edited by madison_wi_gal; 05-22-2022 at 09:07 PM. Reason: LBA and CBA
05-24-2022, 03:48 AM - 1 Like   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was recently shopping K-01's on ebay, and the vast majority of sellers from Japan were a bit dodgy when inquiring about the shutter count. They just "assured" me about how good it looked and how it was lightly used.
My original K-01 was lost somehow during a move. The DA21 Limited lived on that body, even though I had the DA 40xs. I've since acquired the F 35-70 zoom and the F 50 1.7 that I want to try on the new one.
I'll probably end up with the DA 21 back on it though.
05-24-2022, 05:28 AM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by K(s)evin Quote
I was recently shopping K-01's on ebay, and the vast majority of sellers from Japan were a bit dodgy when inquiring about the shutter count. They just "assured" me about how good it looked and how it was lightly used.
My original K-01 was lost somehow during a move. The DA21 Limited lived on that body, even though I had the DA 40xs. I've since acquired the F 35-70 zoom and the F 50 1.7 that I want to try on the new one.
I'll probably end up with the DA 21 back on it though.
Yes, I had asked 3 of them (before this one) and 2 never responded, one said 25000 (and was double the cost) and this one said " do not know about shutter count, thank you". Looked at their feedback and decided I'd try anyway, was priced reasonably and had a return policy.

Yes, I have a DA 21 and that could go on as well, having the 40 XS will be handy for keeping the rig in my backpack for "ooh, take a pic of this.." moments.

I watched a lot of You Tubes on this, and I really enjoyed
- he loves the camera (with its faults).

Last edited by madison_wi_gal; 05-24-2022 at 06:44 AM.
05-24-2022, 06:04 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes, I had asked 3 of them (before this one) and 2 never responded, one said 25000 (and was double the cost) and this one said " do not know about shutter count, thank you". Looked at their feedback and decided I'd try anyway, was priced reasonably and had a return policy.

Yes, I have a DA 21 and that could go on as well, having the 40 XS will be handy for keeping the rig in my backpack for "ooh, take a pic of this.." moments.

I watched a lot of You Tubes on this, and I really enjoyed this guy - he loves the camera (with its faults).
madison_wi_gal, if you don't mind my asking, what did that bumblebee camera cost you? I have one with the 40xs lens that I'd like to sell, but have no idea what it's worth. Also have a black one that I'll probably sell as well. These are very low shutter counts. My wife used the bumblebee for a while but didn't like the fact that it didn't have a viewfinder.
05-24-2022, 06:17 AM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by West Penn Quote
madison_wi_gal, if you don't mind my asking, what did that bumblebee camera cost you? I have one with the 40xs lens that I'd like to sell, but have no idea what it's worth. Also have a black one that I'll probably sell as well. These are very low shutter counts. My wife used the bumblebee for a while but didn't like the fact that it didn't have a viewfinder.
328 for bee, another 107 for *new* 40 XS.

There was a low shutter count one in this forum that went for $133 or so, it hurt seeing that but I wasn't in market for it then.

Last edited by madison_wi_gal; 05-24-2022 at 06:29 AM.
05-24-2022, 06:44 AM - 1 Like   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for that info. It gives me an idea of what I'll ask for these.