Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
05-06-2010, 03:03 PM   #16
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by gokenin Quote
anyone have any idea how much longer the ban is? somehow its not the same out here in the pit without Rupert
QuoteOriginally posted by GingeM Quote
He's not been banned. He's been kidnapped by his squirrels who want payment and recognition for their modelling.

And don't wish him back too soon... My barrels haven't cooled past red yet..
We will pay the ransom on the 9th at 9:20a.m. CDST.

05-06-2010, 03:07 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
We will pay the ransom on the 9th at 9:20a.m. CDST.
You'd better not be raising taxes here to pay that debt!!!
05-06-2010, 03:12 PM   #18
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

You'd better not be raising taxes here to pay that debt!!!
The taxes will only be raised on the libs, since they don't seem to have any objection to that sort of thing.
05-06-2010, 03:59 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Parallax:

You are a Gentleman/woman/whatever and a scholar.

I often wonder why taxes aren't collected in this fashion. Imagine this:-

QuoteQuote:
The IRS requires you pay the prevalent tax rate for the following services:-
  1. Defense
  2. Roads
  3. Basic functions of government
  4. Some international funding to make the plebs like us
  5. Trash collection
Your total tax liability this year is 12% of your income. We thank you.

For the tree hugging, panty waist, bleeding heart liberals amongst you please indicate the percentage of your Adjusted Gross Income you wish to assign to each "cause":-
  1. Benefit sucking baby factories ____ %
  2. Workshy Baby Makers ____ %
  3. False temporary jobs for people with no qualifications and no hope of employment to make them feel better. ____ %
  4. Assistance to foreign governments whose leaders will siphon off 99% of the aid to line their own pockets. ____ %
  5. United Nations "fees" that go nowhere but into corrupt poeple's/politician's pockets. ____ %
  6. I could go on... But I'm bored already. ____ % x 10
Sign here ________________________________
Bearing in mind the average democrat is happy to give a greater percentage of your income to "good causes" while they give almost none of their own income to any charity this kind of tax collection would kill the welfare state abuse in one year.

Those of us on the Right who, every year, donate to those who are truly needy in an percentage of our income that is greater than the Vice President does for example, will do much more to help them than a welfare state that allows wasters to sit on their arse doing nothing because they are lazy.

... aaaand Breathe....

05-06-2010, 05:12 PM   #20
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Parallax:

You are a Gentleman/woman/whatever and a scholar.
I am of the male gender and have been called a lot of things in my life but, strangely, "gentleman" has rarely been one of them.
05-06-2010, 07:16 PM   #21
Veteran Member

I'll tell you what. I'll be glad when old Rupert returns to the fold. This place is turning a little too vanilla for me. It's lost it's edge. Even Mr 8 can't seem to get my blood pressure up any more. I never thought I'd be saying this, but without the mud slinging and verbal eye gouging that Rupert brings, there's not much point. Besides, we need balance that only Mr R can bring. Who else can trump Mr 8?

Larry
05-07-2010, 09:34 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Bearing in mind the average democrat is happy to give a greater percentage of your income to "good causes" while they give almost none of their own income
What the heck, works for me.

05-07-2010, 10:46 AM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Artesian Quote
Well, I have bitten my tongue for a week or so. I see no one getting shoes thrown at them, fists flying, kicking, hitting or such before the closure. My friend Rupert (Who I totally disagree with) was banned for 10 days. Looks like this part of Pentax Forums suffers from political correctness. Is there any place where one can express his thoughts without getting banned? I am with him about the limp noodles complaining about being subjected to harsh criticism. If you can not take it get out of the pot. I hope this is still a country of freedom of speech regardless of how insensitive it is.
A
Curious, what do you think of this:
  • Criticism is not a problem, but the style that it's recently been done in is. That's what civilised behaviour is all about.
  • Freedom of Speech is a myth: would you shout "FIRE" in a crowded cinema? With privileges come responsibilities.
05-07-2010, 11:02 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Rupert

Gee I wish I knew what this thread was all about.

Mickey

---------- Post added 05-07-2010 at 02:03 PM ----------

On second thought - no. I don't want to know.

Mickey
05-07-2010, 11:04 AM   #25
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Nass Quote
Curious, what do you think of this:
  • Criticism is not a problem, but the style that it's recently been done in is. That's what civilised behaviour is all about.
  • Freedom of Speech is a myth: would you shout "FIRE" in a crowded cinema? With privileges come responsibilities.
Yes, but just don't shout movie in a firehouse.
05-07-2010, 11:43 AM   #26
Veteran Member

Rupert banned

ha

there is justice in the world..
05-07-2010, 12:03 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
He's not been banned. He's been kidnapped by his squirrels who want payment and recognition for their modelling.

And don't wish him back too soon... My barrels haven't cooled past red yet..
Frankly, it's clear how much quieter it is around here while he's not here trying to play two extremes. I think it's the conservatives who miss him. I ignore the one guy I ignore.... Some stuff gets said, generally ignored, there was some kind of whatever-that-was-about on another thread between them.... Whatever.

Don't miss him here, never did seem to run across him anywhere else. Whatever.
05-07-2010, 02:44 PM   #28
Veteran Member

I am actually beginning to miss dear Rupert.

With Rupert you get some genuine comedy from time to time. Yes, his almost mindless repetition of the racist/bigot mantra is a tad unchallenging but at least, at the end of the day, you can sit back and chuckle. There are others here that, while lacking the outlandish rhetoric, have a far more insidious nature that clearly lacks Rupert's humour, (which he definitely has).

But in the end... This is the internet... If you don't like it quit paying your ISP copious quantities of cash every month so you can go to bed every night in a tizzy because "someone on the internet was wrong"...
05-07-2010, 02:55 PM   #29
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Just over 40 hours to go.
05-07-2010, 03:12 PM   #30
Veteran Member

I am actually beginning to miss dear Rupert.

With Rupert you get some genuine comedy from time to time. Yes, his almost mindless repetition of the racist/bigot mantra is a tad unchallenging but at least, at the end of the day, you can sit back and chuckle. There are others here that, while lacking the outlandish rhetoric, have a far more insidious nature that clearly lacks Rupert's humour, (which he definitely has).

But in the end... This is the internet... If you don't like it quit paying your ISP copious quantities of cash every month so you can go to bed every night in a tizzy because "someone on the internet was wrong"...
You've been here since march and you think you know what the deal is?

The forum has been through alot.. at first this political section was cool, but now its just a dirty spot on the whole of the forum

before, political arguments were few and far apart, arrising mainly from popular headlines and generating a bit of a heated discussion

nowdays people just take pot shots at each to no end, its pathetic, and Rupert is one of the most pathetic people here, because he is an idiot, and clearly does all this to get a rise out of people rather than any sort of Socratic persuit of truth.
Closed Thread