Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-03-2010, 09:33 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Temporary closure

Well, I have bitten my tongue for a week or so. I see no one getting shoes thrown at them, fists flying, kicking, hitting or such before the closure. My friend Rupert (Who I totally disagree with) was banned for 10 days. Looks like this part of Pentax Forums suffers from political correctness. Is there any place where one can express his thoughts without getting banned? I am with him about the limp noodles complaining about being subjected to harsh criticism. If you can not take it get out of the pot. I hope this is still a country of freedom of speech regardless of how insensitive it is.
A

05-03-2010, 09:40 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

We don't censor others' thoughts here or ban you on the basis of your views. If you get a ban, it's likely because you violated one of the other site rules, such as being disrespectful toward another member.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-03-2010, 09:59 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
We don't censor others' thoughts here or ban you on the basis of your views. If you get a ban, it's likely because you violated one of the other site rules, such as being disrespectful toward another member.
Adam,
I have been violated by Rubert many times here. As I said, I do not agree with him on 99% of his foolishness. This being said, why, should anyone be banned for being a jerk? There are plenty of them here. I am sometimes one also. The world is made up of all kinds. Let the fools make themselves known. Just because I am harrased by Rupert shouldn't require him to be banned. Get your skin toughened or be walked over.
A
05-03-2010, 10:14 PM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I somehow suspect my old pal Rupert might read this so think about the movie The Longest Yard and ask "Was it worth it?"

05-04-2010, 12:22 AM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Again, people don't get banned for that. Clear policies are in place for this section, and we expect members to abide by them in a good-faith manner. Should members continually get in the way of our kind efforts to enforce these rules as a fair measure for everyone, infractions such as continued offense or disrespect are issued, which bear a higher number of infraction points and can lead to a ban (10 infractions points = 10-day ban).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-04-2010, 01:18 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Artesian Quote
I have been violated by Rubert many times ...
OK, I'm trying to be mature about this, I'm trying. Really.

Thank you
Russell
05-04-2010, 05:06 AM   #7
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
First, don't confuse a right to speak with a right to be heard. I have the right to barbeque hamburgers, but not in your back yard if you don't want me to. This is Adam's back yard.
Second, Rupert's situation did not stem from anything said in P&R, it was closed at the time.

05-04-2010, 05:21 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Second, Rupert's situation did not stem from anything said in P&R, it was closed at the time.
It is also pretty funny as Rupert is off on vacation and won't be back till after the ban is lifted. He probably won't even know it existed unless he reads it here.

Thank you
Russell

Last edited by Russell-Evans; 05-04-2010 at 05:27 AM.
05-04-2010, 06:14 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
First, don't confuse a right to speak with a right to be heard. I have the right to barbeque hamburgers, but not in your back yard if you don't want me to. This is Adam's back yard.
Whether it is Rupert or some of those who either provoke him or respond to him in kind, it is a question of what this forum should be. We can have a forum where people hurl insults and generalizations at each other. The world is full of those conversations, and this would be one more locale for that exercise in completely free speech.

On the other hand, we could have a discussion in which intelligent adults who share a common interest in a hobby or profession try to extend that understanding to another realm. Yes, that sounds like a lot of high-minded BS, but if it can be done, it might chip away at just the tiniest bit of the political acrimony in our world. If that is what Adam is trying to do, then I am all for it.
05-04-2010, 08:25 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Russell-Evans Quote
OK, I'm trying to be mature about this, I'm trying. Really.

Thank you
Russell

Yeah, that one got me too.
05-04-2010, 12:41 PM   #11
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote

Yeah, that one got me too.
Dirty thoughts like you have should get you banned. Lol.
A
05-04-2010, 04:18 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rupert was the only one banned?

Chris
05-04-2010, 06:31 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Artesian Quote
Adam,
I have been violated by Rubert many times here.
A

not sure who to ask who got the most pleasure out of this...???

I have missed all this, but rules are rules, we all know them....and somehow I dont think Rupert (like Festus) will give a rats !@#@!

Enjoy the break Rupert, rest up, freshen up and come back with re-newed vigour.
05-06-2010, 02:47 PM   #14
Veteran Member

anyone have any idea how much longer the ban is? somehow its not the same out here in the pit without Rupert
05-06-2010, 02:51 PM   #15
Veteran Member

He's not been banned. He's been kidnapped by his squirrels who want payment and recognition for their modelling.

And don't wish him back too soon... My barrels haven't cooled past red yet..
Closed Thread