Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-13-2010, 02:59 PM   #46
Veteran Member

Are you obtuse by nature or are you just doing it to peeve me?

I pay the property tax. I don't whine about it. It means I can live here where I choose to - which has certain advantages - the lake is nice . I simply pointed out that I would still be paying the taxes to the local school system even though I may be paying to privately educate my child.

"In case you're curious" I've been homeless, collarless, green collar, blue collar and I'm back to tee shirts, (collarless) and jeans now. Seems my parents values were at least equal to yours - But I'll call trumps because mine imparted good sense too...

05-13-2010, 03:02 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by GingeM Quote
Are you obtuse by nature or are you just doing it to peeve me?

I pay the property tax. I don't whine about it. It means I can live here where I choose to - which has certain advantages - the lake is nice . I simply pointed out that I would still be paying the taxes to the local school system even though I may be paying to privately educate my child.

"In case you're curious" I've been homeless, collarless, green collar, blue collar and I'm back to tee shirts, (collarless) and jeans now. Seems my parents values were at least equal to yours - But I'll call trumps because mine imparted good sense too...
Sorry, that's debatable.. but since you believe you are judge and jury it would be hard to argue.
05-13-2010, 03:44 PM   #48
Veteran Member

Then debate it... Feel free... Don't shrivel into your shell when confronted and call "foul" because I tell you you're wrong. From what I can see you've told the assembled "masses" here enough times what they should be thinking - now it's time to step up and back that bravado with some actual sense.

In your own time... Go on...
05-13-2010, 06:51 PM   #49
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Then debate it... Feel free... Don't shrivel into your shell when confronted and call "foul" because I tell you you're wrong. From what I can see you've told the assembled "masses" here enough times what they should be thinking - now it's time to step up and back that bravado with some actual sense.

In your own time... Go on...
will get back to this. I was out hugging trees, dusting my solar collectors and chanting Kumbaya......

05-13-2010, 07:17 PM   #50
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
No, not at all. It allows for localities to educate their children in the manner they see fit. Do you have a problem with parents having a direct say in the education of their children? Would you prefer a monolithic education system where everyone is taught exactly the same thing as dictated by a central government?
So you are all for more local control....so our children can be fairly educated with the truth? Perhaps you never saw my thread here where our Texas Schoolbook Commission removed old Tommy.....you know, that old "Constitution Guy"...and replaced him with a more modern messenger of freedom......Old Newt! Your kind of move Mr Ginge?
Local control is what the Taliban use.....little hamlets spread out across the country all doing their own thing, with their own rules and regulations...you like that set up too Mr Ginge?
Regards!
Closed Thread