Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-12-2010, 02:57 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
My Turn to Say Goodbye

Look! My first post in over a month! After a record-breaking (?) 1000+ posts in less than 4 months, I've been pretty quiet since March. I didn't even participate in the recent K-x giveaway. I would've been a shoe-in for sure.

You guys have been great. The help I've gotten here has helped me be a better photographer. I now understand my camera better than I could've hoped when I first bought it.

More importantly, the moral support I've received has been invaluable. When I got my butt kicked, and when I was disappointed with my photography skills, I'll always remember the feedback I got from you guys. My confrontations with Wheatfield and Blue (hey dude!) were particularly fun. Even my short stint as a moderator on canikonforums.com was memorable, if for different reasons.

But as the saying goes, "the grass is always greener on the other side". The incessant brand focus at the expense of good photography discussion is a bit of a put-off. I can only read so many "SDM sucks" threads before getting jaded.

(yes yes, I've been guilty of rampant SDM hatred myself)

I no longer seek out a computer everywhere I go just to see what's going on with my threads on Pentax Forums. Seeing some of my favourite contributors go has made me realize that my time has come too. I want to go elsewhere and discuss photography with my peers and my betters, regardless of what brand they're faithful to. I want to share what I've learned here with more than just new K-x owners who've never touched an SLR before. I think I can contribute better elsewhere.

I'll keep my account here active so people can still PM me if they want to get in touch, and Adam can keep my recent donation to help make this forum even better.

All the best to everyone!

05-12-2010, 03:22 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Bye, bye. I always think of the the football running back with the same name when I see yours...
05-12-2010, 04:19 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Aww! I'll miss you, too, Frank! *snif*.

Stay in touch, anyway!
05-12-2010, 06:06 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sometimes it's time to move on. Best wishes and feel free to stop back in anytime.

05-12-2010, 06:42 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I hear you. I'm trying to find a good forum that talks more about photography and less about gear (not that I don't ever need gear talk). Any recommendations?
05-12-2010, 08:42 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Farewell, but come back and let us know when you've found a forum that talks about photography more than cameras. I'm looking for one too.
05-12-2010, 10:04 PM   #7
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by krypticide Quote
I hear you. I'm trying to find a good forum that talks more about photography and less about gear (not that I don't ever need gear talk). Any recommendations?
There are certain forums on this site that do.
05-12-2010, 11:55 PM   #8
Veteran Member

"1000+ posts in less than 4 months"

Perhaps you burned yourself out? I am not singling you out here, but I think anyone who spends that much time in one place online so suddenly and with such frequency might just be suffering from the usual..."let's see what's on the other channels" syndrome.

Anyway, goodfbye I guess, although I find the idea of not visiting a website ever again that you once found suddenly useful, a bit strange.

Jason

05-13-2010, 12:53 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Hope the jetstream is under your wings.
Don't be a stranger. Photography is not about the latest camera model but the vision within. I've always appreciated that feeling from your posts.
Best of luck in your new ventures.

Last edited by Jools; 05-13-2010 at 12:59 AM.
05-13-2010, 05:53 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Oooo - cold turkey! Good luck eh?
05-13-2010, 06:44 PM   #11
Veteran Member

I owe every picture I've taken and posted on here since 3-24-10 to you.....

Every image since has started out as a RAW image and with you guidance edited with UFRAW.... so for that, I thank you! You have changed me as a photographer completely
05-14-2010, 04:56 PM   #12
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

We at the forum are sorry to see you go, but respect your decision and wish you well. We have closed the thread to ensure that no one disrespects you, or other members in response.

Best Wishes from PentaxForums.com
05-15-2010, 11:53 AM   #13
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Reopened With New Rules In Place

We have added a new rule for the GT section.
To ensure that departing members have the opportunity to say their goodbyes; and to also ensure that the threads remain civil, the following rule is now in place:

QuoteQuote:
"Goodbye, farewell, I'm leaving forever" posts are allowed; however, inflammatory comments in the post or replies that are overly critical of the forum or forum members or clearly intended to stir debate or elicit like comments will be removed at the discretion of the moderators in an effort to maintain a friendly environment.
05-17-2010, 12:15 PM   #14

Take care, hope this decision will grant you more time to spend on actually learning about photography than focusing on equipments, among other trivialities.
05-17-2010, 01:23 PM   #15

Good luck!

Closed Thread