Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-19-2010, 09:09 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
The C-64 was my first computer. The computer, the monitor, the tape drive, the disk drive, and a Smith Corona daisy wheel printer.

Which was big stuff compared to my Texas Instruments TI/994A, complete with 16k of on-board RAM (that was a "k" there), cassette drive and 9-inch B&W monitor/TV.

I've found the best office trick to play on the young guys is to simply open a DOS prompt and continue working away as they watch. "Hey, what the h...? Wait a minute... How did you do tha...?" After a few repetitive tasks you become the master of the arrow keys and things really start scrolling. Last fall one of the old timers got out his slide rule to run some calcs and it prompted one of the youngsters to spend her lunch hour searching for slide rule instructions on the Internet. The old days were better than just okay and we did not need windows.

05-25-2010, 12:34 PM   #17
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Mine was a 99.00 kit for a 1K Sinclair ZX-80. I got the big upgrade and got the 16K module about a year later. What a powerhouse. FN+Key for the basic keywords.