Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-14-2010, 01:18 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
What not to say in a crisis (BP)

QuoteQuote:
You'd think that someone whose job is on the line might choose his language more carefully.

Tony Hayward, the beleaguered chief executive of oil giant BP, has claimed the company's oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico is "relatively tiny" compared with the "very big ocean"..............................This week he insisted that deep-water drilling would continue in the US despite the growing environmental and political backlash, and came up with this memorable analogy: "Apollo 13 [the unsuccessful third mission to the moon in 1970] did not stop the space race."
BP chief executive Tony Hayward in his own words | Environment | guardian.co.uk
I don't remember Apollo 13 washing up on a beach............
I'm sorry this arrogance of the rich must stop...... errr.... fat chance.

05-14-2010, 01:33 PM   #2
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
BP chief executive Tony Hayward in his own words | Environment | guardian.co.uk
I don't remember Apollo 13 washing up on a beach............
I'm sorry this arrogance of the rich must stop...... errr.... fat chance.
No, it will not stop until the last little Lap Doggie of the right is used and abused by their Handlers to the point of no value. I have never seen such a degree of puppeteer work in my life as we have now.....If Sarah wanted to drill in right wing wingnuts cranial cavities, they would line up in numbers too large to count. Why is that?
Best Regards!
05-14-2010, 01:36 PM   #3
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
No, it will not stop until the last little Lap Doggie of the right is used and abused by their Handlers to the point of no value. I have never seen such a degree of puppeteer work in my life as we have now.....If Sarah wanted to drill in right wing wingnuts cranial cavities, they would line up in numbers too large to count. Why is that?
Best Regards!
Bla bla bla. Again Sameol sameol.
A
05-14-2010, 01:52 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I think I have Wupert worked out.

He seems to have a word/phrase/concept of the month. Last month it was McVeigh, McVeigh, McVeigh. Now it's Handlers, Handlers, Handlers.

I'm looking forward to next month... In fact... We should probably start a thread so we can have a monthly sweepstakes to see who can guess what his next inane "talking point" he picks up from the other sites he haunts.

Anyone interested?

05-14-2010, 02:29 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GingeM Quote

He seems to have a word/phrase/concept of the month. Last month it was McVeigh, McVeigh, McVeigh. Now it's Handlers, Handlers, Handlers.

I'm looking forward to next month... In fact... We should probably start a thread so we can have a monthly sweepstakes to see who can guess what his next inane "talking point" he picks up from the other sites he haunts.

Anyone interested?
Glad to see we are staying on topic.....
05-14-2010, 03:17 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
Glad to see we are staying on topic.....
Glad to see the self appointed moderator is on the ball...
05-14-2010, 03:19 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Glad to see the self appointed moderator is on the ball...
Nice!

05-14-2010, 03:26 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Artesian Quote
A
And you would no doubt be first in line! Go for it, I can't see where you have anything to lose......they sure as hell wouldn't need a Blowout Preventer, and any spill could be cleaned up with a Q-Tip.....
Regards!
05-14-2010, 03:28 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
Nice!
Thank you... I'll be here all week.. Try the fish, it's to die for...
05-14-2010, 03:29 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Anyone interested?
I've used Handlers since almost day one here......maybe you are the one that needs a little tutoring. We have a lot of different subjects here...I'm surprised you haven't noticed?
Regards!
05-14-2010, 06:26 PM   #11
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Artesian;1043103 - In Response to Rupert.:
A
Yep. It must be rerun season.
05-14-2010, 06:47 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
I've used Handlers since almost day one here......maybe you are the one that needs a little tutoring. We have a lot of different subjects here...I'm surprised you haven't noticed?
So, you admit you are repetitive and boring?

Fine by me... Just do me a favor. Shut up and just post pictures of the squirrels..
05-14-2010, 07:07 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
So, you admit you are repetitive and boring?

Fine by me... Just do me a favor. Shut up and just post pictures of the squirrels..
you actually used a FACT in another thred. I had hoped you actually learned how to discourse....... sad you just fell back to the lowest internet common denominator............ already...
QuoteQuote:
Political discourse analysis is a field of discourse analysis which focuses on discourse in political forums (such as debates, speeches, and hearings) as the phenomenon of interest.

Political discourse is the informal exchange of reasoned views as to which of several alternative courses of action should be taken to solve a societal problem [1] . It is a science that has been used through the history of the United States. It is the essence of democracy. Full of problems and persuasion, political discourse is used in many debates, candidacies and in our everyday life.
05-14-2010, 07:15 PM   #14
Veteran Member

I like how all of you well educated, brilliant people can come in this thread and start bashing Rupert, just because he has a strong opinion that is different than yours. It's like grade school all over again!
05-14-2010, 07:19 PM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
you actually used a FACT in another thred. I had hoped you actually learned how to discourse....... sad you just fell back to the lowest internet common denominator............ already...
Oh dear... Please... It's gone 10pm on a Friday night, I was having a bit of fun with someone else and you had to poke your stiff member into the game...

Jeff... You and I and Wupert can be diametrically opposed... It's fine, but if we can't muster a little bit of a giggle every now and again then things become "unhealthy". Do us all a favour and crack the tiniest of smiles so I don't lose all faith in this country...

NOTE: Please see the big F$Cking winky thing above... Just in case the attempt at basic humour goes whizzing past again!!!