Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-15-2010, 12:42 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
So bored....

Been stuck in the house all week (ingrown toenail removed). Haven't taken a picture since May 5th and now that we have a nice day I'm stuck in the house

05-15-2010, 01:22 PM   #2
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Sorry to hear about your toe, but at least you get a nice day once in a while. I live exist in South Dakota.
05-15-2010, 03:06 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ouch! Very sorry to hear of the problem but hopefully its pretty much over. As far as shooting, you can find all kind of interesting bugs in the door and window tracks with your macro setup. Maybe something growing in the back of the fridge you didn't know about. Get out that macro or closeup and post something. People will fawn over your shots out of sympathy if for no other reason.
05-15-2010, 07:47 PM   #4
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Been stuck in the house all week (ingrown toenail removed). Haven't taken a picture since May 5th and now that we have a nice day I'm stuck in the house
You had an ingrown toenail removed and you haven't taken any Pictures? Imagine the possibilities. (no I don't want to see it).

05-15-2010, 08:04 PM   #5
graphicgr8s

In need of amputation of the toe? I can help!
05-15-2010, 08:14 PM   #6
Veteran Member

boriscleto, I would have that toe photographed up the wazoo.
Macro comes to mind and with flash and gels imagine the possibilities.

But really in down time like these is when inventory of your photographic gear is not a bad idea. I do this more often than not to weed out stuff and LBA for the future.

Anyways, hope all heals sooner than later.
05-16-2010, 08:34 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Might sound silly to those who've never had one, but an ingrown toenail is no joke.
Imagine not being able to walk and maybe you will begin to understand...

Chris

05-16-2010, 11:59 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Last Sunday it snowed here in beautiful CNY, today it was sunny and 70. There was no way I was going to let a little pain stop me from going out today, besides I needed groceries.

05-16-2010, 05:24 PM   #9
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
Might sound silly to those who've never had one, but an ingrown toenail is no joke.
Imagine not being able to walk and maybe you will begin to understand...

Chris
I can understand. Imagine not even being able to put a sheet on your foot. That's gout.
05-16-2010, 05:29 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
I can understand. Imagine not even being able to put a sheet on your foot. That's gout.
Or ingrown toe nail.
05-16-2010, 05:43 PM   #11
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by flyer Quote
Or ingrown toe nail.
I'll take an ingrown toenail over gout any day of the week. I've had gout last for weeks. And put me in bed all of Christmas vacation. It is considered one of if not the most painful ailments. Problem with gout is you never know when it will end. And oxycodone barely eases the pain.
05-16-2010, 06:51 PM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
This one wasn't really all that bad. It's done draining and it isn't infected anymore. It's the fourth time I've had it done to this toe. The one I had done last year was really bad. The doctor took the entire toenail off my left big toe and it got infected. I didn't sleep for 4 days and couldn't walk for a week.

Last edited by boriscleto; 05-16-2010 at 06:58 PM.
05-17-2010, 10:16 AM   #13
Inactive Account

I had two of the bastards back in school. Didn't help that we had a quack of a doctor who saw the students as a captive market, and all he did was cauterise them - several times. "No, I'm sure it'll work this time. No, really. One hundred and fifty dollars, please."

Useless. I finally got them removed by my regular doctor back home, and all was well.

Moral of the story is, don't chew your toenails, even if you can.
05-17-2010, 10:23 AM   #14
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
This one wasn't really all that bad. It's done draining and it isn't infected anymore. It's the fourth time I've had it done to this toe. The one I had done last year was really bad. The doctor took the entire toenail off my left big toe and it got infected. I didn't sleep for 4 days and couldn't walk for a week.
I can fix that permanently for you. Ask Rob about his cut finger I offered to amputate for him.
05-17-2010, 10:25 AM   #15
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
I'll take an ingrown toenail over gout any day of the week. I've had gout last for weeks. And put me in bed all of Christmas vacation. It is considered one of if not the most painful ailments. Problem with gout is you never know when it will end. And oxycodone barely eases the pain.
I agree about gout, it's much worse than an ingrown. I've had ingrown toenails before and when I woke up in pain one night I thought that was the problem. I did a little toe-surgery and it didn't help. It was torture for days until I figured out what it was, right as it was getting better on its own. I haven't had it again and my doctor says that I may not have it again as I eat healthy (most of the time).