05-18-2010, 10:25 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The giant Keebler Elf speaks...

Cookies in every pot...
http://www.foxnews.com/images/605407/0_61_320_051710_han_gingrich.jpg

05-21-2010, 02:40 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Why will this thread not get marked as "read"?

Am I the only one with this issue or is there a database issue?
05-21-2010, 02:43 PM   #3
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by GingeM Quote

I had the same problem until I used the "mark Forums Read"
dropdown. That cleared it and now it works normally.
05-21-2010, 02:52 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Hmm... That's odd... I run a couple of forums and visit dozens over long periods on each and I've never seen it. You might want to tell the owner. I'm a computer geek by trade and I'd be worried that there was a database error. If they don't get fixed early they become exponentially worse.

[Edit]

Yep, that fixed it... I'd still be worried. It's probably an indexing issue.

[/Edit]

05-21-2010, 03:01 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums

I've been saying that about Newt and his 'Contract on America' since I had hair like Siouxsie Sioux.

Guess he's still trying to recycle his old posts.

Have to say, I had pretty epic hair, though. You know that red sheen on an FA lens? My hair did that. Gods know what chemicals were in the jet-black dye. I try not to think about it.

Meanwhile, Newt....

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 05-21-2010 at 03:09 PM.
05-21-2010, 03:10 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
I've been saying that about Newt and his 'Contract on America' since I had hair like Siouxsie Sioux.
Ahhh Siouxsie... What a lass... My only complaint about the her was that she used to burn the toast almost every morning...
05-21-2010, 03:12 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Ahhh Siouxsie... What a lass... My only complaint about the her was that she used to burn the toast almost every morning...
Hey, you're responsible for your *own* arse.

05-21-2010, 03:13 PM   #8
mel
Veteran Member

Ahh the day. Mine was burgundy, shaved on the sides, asymetrical, with a braided tail to my waist.

Last edited by mel; 05-21-2010 at 03:34 PM.
05-21-2010, 03:20 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mel Quote
Ahh the day. Mine was burgundy, shaved on the sides, assymetrical, with a braided tail to my waist.
Hey, I *had* to shave mine on the sides, or it'd be a yard wide. Always wished I could do one of those 'gibson girl' do'es, but I guess I was too Irish for that.

Still, you could do this 'look normal, then toss your head' maneuver that I always found gratifying at the right moment.

Getting old, or something.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmT6udys8Tc[/yt]

Just in case I live that long, I've been saving an 'I guess I was punk once' sticker from the Nineties for my wheelchair or whatever.
05-21-2010, 03:23 PM   #10
Veteran Member

It's funny... When you ladies were doing your Siouxsie "impressions" I had a nice tidy military haircut and thought Siouxsie was cool.

Now, all these years later, I still think she's cool but now you, probably, have more conservative, (in the nicest possible way), hair while mine is like this, (I'm on the right):

05-21-2010, 03:25 PM   #11
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote

Have to say, I had pretty epic hair, though. You know that red sheen on an FA lens? My hair did that. Gods know what chemicals were in the jet-black dye. I try not to think about it.
Ahh the day. Mine was burgundy, shaved on the sides, assymetrical, with a braided tail to my waist.
We Want Pictures!
05-21-2010, 03:29 PM   #12
mel
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Hey, I *had* to shave mine on the sides, or it'd be a yard wide. Always wished I could do one of those 'gibson girl' do'es, but I guess I was too Irish for that.

Still, you could do this 'look normal, then toss your head' maneuver that I always found gratifying at the right moment.

Getting old, or something.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmT6udys8Tc[/yt]

Just in case I live that long, I've been saving an 'I guess I was punk once' sticker from the Nineties for my wheelchair or whatever.
I could make mine sort of lay down-ish, or I could blowdry it upside down with lotso hairspray and go for a big fluffy mohawk look for clubbin'.

My eldest son has a mohawk, dyed green, and dreaded. I have to say I'm just a weensy bit proud of the boy.

It's funny... When you ladies were doing your Siouxsie "impressions" I had a nice tidy military haircut and thought Siouxsie was cool.

Now, all these years later, I still think she's cool but now you, probably, have more conservative, (in the nicest possible way), hair while mine is like this, (I'm on the right):

Lol. Nice hair. Mine's kinda the same now. But brown. Well except for the, um, whitish highlights.
05-21-2010, 03:29 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Shows how much *you* know. Only posers thought imitating Siouxsie was cool.

You actually had to be kinda scary to get away with looking anything like Siouxsie, which in fact I may have been. The skins called me 'The killer bunny.'

QuoteQuote:

If you have to say your hair is 'not conservative,' dude...

05-21-2010, 03:30 PM   #14
Veteran Member

I gave you a picture, (look up ^^^)...

I don't do naked... I have a reputation to protect.

OK, it's not much of a reputation, but it's all I have...
05-21-2010, 03:33 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Lol. Nice hair. Mine's kinda the same now. But brown. Well except for the, um, whitish highlights.
Old punkers never dye, just sorta....
Closed Thread