Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-19-2010, 07:29 PM   #46
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by cacain Quote
Death is still the leading killer in America.
But do you know the leading cause of it?

05-19-2010, 08:48 PM   #47
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote

Salt. Know anyone that is a known salt addict George? Get them some help! The life you save....could be your own!
Regards!
05-19-2010, 09:00 PM   #48
Veteran Member

'Salt of the Earth,' these guys.

Too bad *salt isn't good for the cropland*.

Why is this metaphor not messed up, anyway? Can some moderate Christian explain?

"i don't want to frighten you....
but they mean to kill us all"

--ee cummings.

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 05-19-2010 at 09:12 PM.
05-20-2010, 05:00 AM   #49
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
ALL deaths are caused by the heart stopping.

05-20-2010, 06:17 AM   #50
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
But that's not what started the problem you see. Actually you don't or you would have known the answer. And no, it's not meant as a smart alek remark.
05-20-2010, 06:21 AM   #51
Veteran Member

You like to argue(unlike me)......I submit that, as evidenced on this Forum, there are many Brain Deaths where the heart and typing fingers still work just fine. It is very annoying for you when your heart stops....it is very annoying to others when your brain stops.
Regards!
05-20-2010, 06:23 AM   #52
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
You like to argue(unlike me)......I submit that, as evidenced on this Forum, there are many Brain Deaths where the heart and typing fingers still work just fine. It is very annoying for you when your heart stops....it is very annoying to others when your brain stops.
Regards!
Looking in the mirror I see.

05-20-2010, 06:30 AM   #53
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Regards!
First we have to determine which definition of death we are discussing; Legal or clinical.
Clinical death is the absence of heartbeat or spontaneous respiration.
Legal death varies by state but is essentially the same as the clinical definition but
with additional requirements. Usually including a flat EEG (sometimes with minimum durations specified).
As far as brain death cases on the forum wherein the ability to type is not compromised: YOU would be one of the last, if not the last person I would argue that point with.
05-20-2010, 06:50 AM   #54
Veteran Member

First we have to determine which definition of death we are discussing; Legal or clinical.
Clinical death is the absence of heartbeat or spontaneous respiration.
Legal death varies by state but is essentially the same as the clinical definition but
with additional requirements. Usually including a flat EEG (sometimes with minimum durations specified).
As far as brain death cases on the forum wherein the ability to type is not compromised: YOU would be one of the last, if not the last person I would argue that point with.

Well, YOU made me think of it in the first place........
Regards!
05-20-2010, 10:27 AM   #55

Does anyone have the video where he has the little children salute a cut-out of Jesus George, Nazi Style? These are sick people.....saw it once on 20/20, Sixty-Minutes, or Dateline.........
Regards!
Here it is:

05-21-2010, 06:30 PM   #56
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I don't think this guy's family tree has very many branches

Wayne County Bible teacher accused of sexual conduct against child |
05-21-2010, 06:45 PM   #57
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Haakan Quote
Thanks for posting that, I did ask for it, but I almost wish I hadn't. This is sure not what I envision as good for America...... to have children "worshiping" any President. I also disagree with what some teachers have done on the same order with Obama.....either way, it is not presented in a manner I find acceptable. A lesson on the Presidency, a support for respect of the office, a mention of the current President would be acceptable to either side.....I am guessing......but not what I saw here.
Best Regards
05-21-2010, 06:52 PM   #58
Veteran Member

It's not 'on the same order,' though. No one's recruiting a Fundie army saying Jesus sent Obama to take over America for 'Christian Dominion.'

Or to rewrite history to suit modern Fundies and demand it and only it be taught.
05-21-2010, 07:52 PM   #59
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
It's not 'on the same order,' though. No one's recruiting a Fundie army saying Jesus sent Obama to take over America for 'Christian Dominion.'

Or to rewrite history to suit modern Fundies and demand it and only it be taught.

May be so Ratlady, but having children singing "Obama Loves the Little Children" is not my idea of the "order" I might agree with. Couldn't the children just be children....until they aren't?
Regards!
Closed Thread