Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-18-2010, 01:26 PM   #1
Veteran Member

For the lefties: Another Religious Nut...

QuoteQuote:
his suggestion that God may have had a hand in the oil disaster that killed 11 and is threatening the Gulf Coast may take some by surprise. “Could be,” God’s work, he told CNN’s Poppy Harlow. “He’s sending us a message.”
QuoteQuote:
And I’m just wondering if God is telling us he doesn’t want us to drill offshore,” he said. “And right before that we had that coal mine disaster in West Virginia where we lost 29 miners,” as well as repeated mining disasters – “seems like there’s one over there every week” – in China. “Maybe the Lord’s tired of having the mountains of West Virginia, the tops knocked off of them so they can get more coal. I think maybe we ought to just leave the coal in the ground and go with solar and wind power and geo-thermals where it’s applicable.”
Calling the United States “the biggest polluter and the biggest energy user in the world,”
Freakoid...

Nasty Right wing Source

05-18-2010, 01:44 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Come on, there are bigger nuts in the religous field. E.g. Jerry Falwell blaming the 9/11 on the feminists, gays and lesbians:

Quote:
I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People for the American Way — all of them who have tried to secularize America — I point the finger in their face and say "you helped this happen.
End Quote:
Jerry Falwell - Wikiquote
05-18-2010, 01:52 PM   #3
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Nearly 2,500 people choke to death on food each year. (Source)
Is that God's way of telling us we shouldn't eat?
05-18-2010, 01:56 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Just pointing out that some lefties, (which includes the twit in the story), - who generally ridicule those on the other side of the aisle as religious nuts, can also spout some unadulterated crap themselves... Yet they, somehow, still expect to be taken seriously.

Ahhh... The world we live in... Eh?

05-18-2010, 02:01 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by GingeM Quote
Just pointing out that some lefties, (which includes the twit in the story), - who generally ridicule those on the other side of the aisle as religious nuts, can also spout some unadulterated crap themselves... Yet they, somehow, still expect to be taken seriously.

Ahhh... The world we live in... Eh?
I don't know that Ted Turner. I just wonder what being a "leftist" or being a "rightist" might have to do with being an idiot? I guess these are equally distributed on all sides.

Ben
05-18-2010, 02:03 PM   #6
Veteran Member

The difference is, leftist nut jobs are ignored by sane leftists. Right wing nutjobs, on the other hand, are the rightwing base.
05-18-2010, 02:06 PM   #7
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by RawheaD Quote
The difference is, leftist nut jobs are ignored by sane leftists. Right wing nutjobs, on the other hand, are the rightwing base.
You have your statement wrong. Everyone knows there are no sane leftists.

05-18-2010, 02:11 PM   #8
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm sort of surprised that a guy from a party chocked full of right wing religious fruitloops would want to call attention to this subject....I guess it was such a rare find you just couldn't pass up the oportunity? Get serious! Your right wing Patty Boys are forever spewing out the "Thoughts of God", as if they are in some sort of direct communication........

Maybe you should have run this story, where another of your "Conservative" family minded morally upright leaders was caught with his pants down.......happens like clockwork every few weeks, and as in most every case, just after they have delivered some high value speech on their own virtues.....GOP Congressman Mark Souder.....
(From Yahoo)
"Liberal critics seized on Souder's conduct, noting his hard-line opposition to abortion, contraception and same-sex marriage in the name of "family values." The liberal news site TalkingPointsMemo.com (where I was previously employed), for instance, has already posted footage of Souder speaking out in favor of abstinence education in a video co-starring his mistress."

When it comes to hypocrisy, you guys own the planet, as noted by your even posting what you posted here. You should avoid anything that further connects you to the clinically insane.....
Regards!
05-18-2010, 02:27 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Rupert:

I'm Atheist... and you wonder why I bring up this story...

I see good sense in policies not ideology. There is more sense to your right.
05-18-2010, 02:57 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Rupert:

I'm Atheist... and you wonder why I bring up this story...

I see good sense in policies not ideology. There is more sense to your right.
Yes, yes! We don't want to forget invading a country that had absolutely nothing to do with 911....very smart move! Bankrupting the economy is a close second, and was where you guys showed off your brilliance.
Undoubtedly, Moral Values is where you guys shine like a Beacon....right? Just put out a Red Light or a Men's Room Stall, and you can attract most every Republican leader in America. You gotta be so proud, and knowing you here, I would bet on it!
Regards!
05-18-2010, 03:01 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Rupert:

And you are going to fix the world... err... How?

Please feel free to expound on your perfect society... It's all so simple to you isn't it... Abdicate responsibility and let the government manage your life.

Surely, if it was that damn simple we wouldn't be having this argument... Sorry, that will probably be another "WHHHHOOOOOSSSSHHHH"...
05-18-2010, 03:08 PM   #12
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Rupert:

Please feel free to expound on your perfect society... It's all so simple to you isn't it... Abdicate responsibility and let the government manage your life.

He doesn't need to expound on it, Karl Marx did it for him.
05-18-2010, 03:13 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
He doesn't need to expound on it, Karl Marx did it for him.
I thought this was about values......and religious insanity....seems you guys want to distance yourselves from the subject now that you have again been reminded of your hypocrisy. Why is that?
Regards!
05-18-2010, 03:17 PM   #14
Veteran Member

As someone else said, religious nuts span both sides of the political aisle... it's just that they're controlling things on the right.
05-18-2010, 03:20 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Rupert:

Let's discuss religion. Do you believe in a supreme being? If not, why not?

Before you bleat... It's a very reasonable question from an atheist. There are simply too many fakes out there that have not really thought this through. They are basic agnostics, (fence sitters if you will), who have the alarming tendency to rush around making the thinking atheist look bad.

In your own time... Go on...
Closed Thread