Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-20-2010, 06:22 AM   #16
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Eh, Graphics is just in a tizzy cause the property values he thought he was protecting just got f---- ...err, treated discourteously by the corporations he's been shedding crocodile tears for and attacking everyone else in the world for all this time.

At least with all the sludge on Florida's shores, Graphics, you might finally get your wish to be left alone?

Look on the bright side.

Like, maybe none of those 'pesky other people' will come bother you ever again.

Bon appetit.
Actually with concern to property value I am in good shape. I still owe way less than what it's worth. Another of your "theories" blown to bits. I built mine in 99. Before it went stupid. And there is no way I would have been stupid enough to buy during the bubble. There was way way too much evidence that it was just that. A bubble.

05-20-2010, 08:25 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
And H&R Block is closing 400 locations and axing 400 people. Foreclosures are at an all time high. Sure glad the recessions over.

Foreclosures spike 7% in first quarter of 2010 - Apr. 15, 2010
Many of the HR Block locations were within a short walk of another location. Also, they are seasonal. My wife used to work for them. Not everybody was assured that they would be re-hired the following January. The DIY software has cut into the number of people going to the brick and mortar locations also.

The biggest hinderance to the economy around here is the State of NY. Off Track Betting went bankrupt. I don't know how that could be. A lot of people better be going to prison over this one. OTB owes the NY Racing assoc $17million. Our moron governor and state legislature are fighting each other over blame and whether to fund NYRA. The summer season at Belmont and Saratoga bring in $90 million of revenue to the state. It should be a no brainer. The lost revenue in sales tax, the lost business to the local economys, the huge amount of lost jobs will cost far more.
05-20-2010, 08:47 AM   #18
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
Many of the HR Block locations were within a short walk of another location. Also, they are seasonal. My wife used to work for them. Not everybody was assured that they would be re-hired the following January. The DIY software has cut into the number of people going to the brick and mortar locations also.

The biggest hinderance to the economy around here is the State of NY. Off Track Betting went bankrupt. I don't know how that could be. A lot of people better be going to prison over this one. OTB owes the NY Racing assoc $17million. Our moron governor and state legislature are fighting each other over blame and whether to fund NYRA. The summer season at Belmont and Saratoga bring in $90 million of revenue to the state. It should be a no brainer. The lost revenue in sales tax, the lost business to the local economys, the huge amount of lost jobs will cost far more.
it's not that the governor is a moron. It's the people who voted the morons in (well at least this moron's predecessor)
05-20-2010, 08:47 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
Stephen Bernard and Tim Paradis, AP Business Writers, On Thursday May 20, 2010, 11:12 am
NEW YORK (AP) -- The stock market tumbled again Thursday after investors' already bleak view of the world economy worsened with another drop in the euro and disappointing U.S. employment news. Interest rates fell sharply in the Treasury market as investors once again sought the safety of U.S. government debt.
The Dow Jones industrial average fell more than 250 points in morning trading.
That stimulus is kicking in then... All praise Him...

05-21-2010, 06:42 PM   #20
graphicgr8s

The economy is so strong Walmart posted a decline of 1.4% over last year's 1st quarter. (US sales) Thank you Mr. Obama

Walmartstores.com: Investor Relations - Walmart FY 11 First Quarter Earnings Exceed Guidance and First Call Consensus
05-21-2010, 06:48 PM   #21
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Even right wing economists agree that the current recession is the fault of George Bush...go check it out, it is no secret. So tell me how either one of you can qualify as more knowledgeable than the economists of your own side? And no George, don't tell me again that Barney made him do it........
Regards!
05-21-2010, 06:57 PM   #22
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Even right wing economists agree that the current recession is the fault of George Bush...go check it out, it is no secret. So tell me how either one of you can qualify as more knowledgeable than the economists of your own side? And no George, don't tell me again that Barney made him do it........
Regards!
And the current administration has no problem helping it hunker down for the long haul. All Hail The Obamaromperroom

05-21-2010, 07:26 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
The economy is so strong Walmart posted a decline of 1.4% over last year's 1st quarter. (US sales) Thank you Mr. Obama

Walmartstores.com: Investor Relations - Walmart FY 11 First Quarter Earnings Exceed Guidance and First Call Consensus
Wal-Mart(WMT) posted its first drop in customer traffic and revenue in the company's history, and it was all because the largest retailer on the planet got just a little greedy.Late last year, an initiative began to promote the retailer's in-house store brand of grocery products, called Great Value. Store brands are nothing new to supermarkets, as every store makes use of them. These are typically products that are manufactured and packaged in the same facilities that make name brand products like Kraft, Arm and Hammer, Hefty and others. The retailer can price them lower than their name-brand counterparts, but they make more money on them because they own the product lines. It's a win-win for the store and the consumers who choose those generics over comparable name brand items.

Wal-Mart's hiccup occurred when the retailer, in an effort to increase sales on their store brands, began eliminating comparable name brand items from their shelves late last year. When they wiped more than 300 familiar products off their shelves, something unexpected happened -- many shoppers began buying groceries elsewhere.
The prevailing wisdom seemed sound. With a harsh economy and high unemployment, it would seem logical that price would be the primary consideration for consumers. After the shift on the shelves took place, shoppers conversely decided that they would rather pay more for groceries in order to bring home the brands their families preferred than switch to the generic at Wal-Mart. So, they left, and in far greater numbers than Wal-Mart ever anticipated.
Closed Thread