Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-18-2010, 04:38 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Windows mail question?

Okay, I'm using Vista with Windows mail. I use FireFox and have Kaspersky internet security. For some strange reason, some emails will not download to my computer while most do. I can view them from my ISP's web based mail, but cannot download them. They're not even recognized but they're on the server to download. They're not spam either. Any ideas on what I might do to fix this small problem?

Larry

05-19-2010, 07:13 AM   #2

It's probably in the configurations, check to make sure that your Windows Mail is configured properly in relation to the POP3 or IMAP server - you might need to call up your ISP to find out all the details.

Also try Thunderbird

As an example here's how one'd configure an email client w/ Gmail for IMAP:
One, Two
05-19-2010, 08:58 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I had email issues on Vista using Kaspersky. I switched to Microsoft Essentials (free antivirus and spyware available for download at MS) and resolved all my problems. MSE is just as good as any other antivirus software. Check reviews and testing and see if it would fit your needs.

QuoteOriginally posted by larryinlc Quote
Okay, I'm using Vista with Windows mail. I use FireFox and have Kaspersky internet security. For some strange reason, some emails will not download to my computer while most do. I can view them from my ISP's web based mail, but cannot download them. They're not even recognized but they're on the server to download. They're not spam either. Any ideas on what I might do to fix this small problem?

Larry