Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-19-2010, 01:20 PM   #16
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Reagan is not looking so good in the eyes of Liberal Historians, and certainly not in the eyes of liberal historical economists. He started the ball rolling for giant deficits, and his Trickle Down Tax Cut policies still have millions going to their mailbox daily just to check to see if anything has "trickled down".......and of course, it has.

He is routinely credited for bringing down the Soviet Union by Conservatives and most historians agree. All in all, he slept a lot and made some sweet sounding speeches.
Regards!
Rupert it is now accurate.

05-19-2010, 02:39 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Did that answer:

"Let's see, how do we make a 47 percent approval rating after years of near-economic depression and even-nearer inherited catastophe sound *bad,* after our own guy had record lows while the economy was supposedly doing great?....."

?

Just wondering.
05-19-2010, 02:50 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
Let's see, how do we make a 47 percent approval rating after years of near-economic depression and even-nearer inherited catastophe sound *bad,* after our own guy had record lows while the economy was supposedly doing great?.....
Easy dear, you compare them to the same person's approval rating the day after he got into power, and halfway between then and now.

Does that help?
05-19-2010, 02:56 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GingeM Quote
Easy dear, you compare them to the same person's approval rating the day after he got into power, and halfway between then and now.

Does that help?
Not actually.

We *elected* him for the precise purpose of showing leadership through the course of unf'ing the country through tough times.

Times when, yes, people are inclined to be discontented. If a country full of people who are in fact not yet in comfy-cushy space are basically half-approving of the Prez's job performance, when Dubya couldn't buy 25 percent with all the advertising in the world ..these numbers do not mean what Artesian is trying to spin them as meaning.

My only disapproval of Obama is him being way too conciliatory. Especially regarding promises to be a 'fierce advocate' for LBGT rights.

Even so, it's good to have a President again.

05-19-2010, 03:21 PM   #20
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Obama's ratings will be back...any of you guys wanna bet? Meanwhile Jesus George is stuck in the dump heap of most hated ever for all eternity......and you guys still defend him! Simply amazing! Why is that anyhow....? I don't go around defending Carter, I know I would be the fool, but some don't seem to mind looking like........they are?
Regards!
05-19-2010, 03:53 PM   #21
Banned

Conservatives are so clueless , Sean Hannity talks about Ronald Reagan the same way a 5 year old talks about Superman. The national approval rating of the highest rated conservative is half that of Obama. I would love to see Palin run in 2012 so the whole planet could see how dumb she is.
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAJUMYGgfZA&playnext_from=TL&videos=kZYVvcUI27Y[/yt]
05-19-2010, 04:54 PM   #22
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Just wondering...would any right wing Obama haters like to post the poll numbers for their top prize, Ronnie Boy, at this same point in his Presidency? Just wondering.......he was no way near the most popular President, but the right looks upon him as their lord and savior....if he is their best, then there is little doubt as to why their party is in such deep water. He was average, at best, and an economic failure in reality.
Regards!

05-19-2010, 04:58 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Just wondering...would any right wing Obama haters like to post the poll numbers for their top prize, Ronnie Boy, at this same point in his Presidency? Just wondering.......he was no way near the most popular President, but the right looks upon him as their lord and savior....if he is their best, then there is little doubt as to why their party is in such deep water. He was average, at best, and an economic failure in reality.
Regards!

Or, ...why mince words. We all knew he was 'going senile' and were expecting he'd get us nuked any minute. Ah, the 'good old days...'

(I have to admit, in retrospect, that when in a 'Mexican standoff' with thermonuclear weapons, one can do worse than employ 'crazier-than-thou.' It's why I endorsed Christopher Walken's candidacy. But. Still. )
Closed Thread