Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-19-2010, 05:50 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Rasmussen Reports Obamas approval ratings down.

"Overall, 45% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the president's performance. Fifty-three percent (53%) disapprove. Eighty percent (80%) of Democrats still offer their approval. Eighty-four percent (84%) of Republicans and 62% of unaffiliated voters disapprove. "
Looks like overall 20% of the democrats get it!
A

05-19-2010, 05:53 AM   #2
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Artesian Quote
Looks like overall 20% of the democrats get it!
A
Well, at least its a start.
05-19-2010, 06:02 AM   #3
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

You silly boys! Everyone knows you can't keep a "Magic Negro" down forever! He's not like your Boy George that was knocked out cold and never did, and never will, recover. George had brain damage before the knockout, and afterwards it became severe and irreversible.
Regards!
05-19-2010, 06:13 AM   #4
graphicgr8s

his numbers have been falling for a long time. At least Arlen Specter is no longer in the running. Wonder if the Libs have gotten the message yet? I doubt it.

05-19-2010, 06:14 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
You silly boys! Everyone knows you can't keep a "Magic Negro" down forever! He's not like your Boy George that was knocked out cold and never did, and never will, recover. George had brain damage before the knockout, and afterwards it became severe and irreversible.
Regards!
I don't know about that. His knees are getting very wobbly.
A
05-19-2010, 06:41 AM   #6
Veteran Member

On the bright side, Obama will never suffer a concussion.

One needs a brain to suffer that.
05-19-2010, 06:41 AM   #7
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Wonder if the Libs have gotten the message yet?
That one wins the "Rhetorical Question of the Day" award.
05-19-2010, 07:00 AM   #8
Veteran Member

It is amazing how short the memory is on the right of all your Top Leaders and Spin Jockies that assured American fruitloops that Obama was the "Unelectable One". You even contributed a small fortune to have the Fat Lady standing by to sing....remember that? Then, on election night, before it even reached Midnight, right wing wingnuts began to fill the Emergency Rooms across America with "sever chest pains". You guys have never recovered.....did you get a refund from the Fat Lady? BTW- Wasn't that Barbara Bush you hired to sing.......if so, we know damn well you didn't get a refund! She kept all of the million dollars, except the $10. she sent to the people of New Orleans...you know, the ones she said were so fortunate to lose their littly "shanty homes". No wonder God has blessed you guys so!
I'm betting He has just begun to "work on your behalf". I hear He has taken to heart your disgust with the Mexicans and minorities He made, and is working on a solution.......I can't wait to see it! So you guys write off Obama...again........I know where my money will be. Before you place any bets, you might want to check a few other polls....like how ANY of your potential candidates stack up against him? Take a good look at your lovely Sarah...that match is hilarious!
Regards!

Last edited by Rupert; 05-19-2010 at 07:05 AM.
05-19-2010, 09:28 AM   #9
Veteran Member

The problem with approval ratings: the public approves potential, wish fulfillment. Every prez loses approval as soon as he starts to actually do something.

The other problem: so much of approval rating depends on the state of the economy, or how the current war is going, or what the current scandal involves.

Consider the amount of political invective (and actual duels) in the first 50 years of the USA, had the founders actually governed based on approval ratings and opinion polls we'd certainly be in a better place today... not.
05-19-2010, 09:31 AM   #10
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
The problem with approval ratings: the public approves potential, wish fulfillment.
So does the Nobel Prize committee. Obama won one for what he intended to do; unlike previous winners who (in most cases) had actually accomplished something.
05-19-2010, 09:34 AM   #11
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
So does the Nobel Prize committee. Obama won one for what he intended to do; unlike previous winners who (in most cases) had actually accomplished something.
Excepting algore of course.
05-19-2010, 09:53 AM   #12
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I said in most cases.
05-19-2010, 10:03 AM   #13
Veteran Member

I no argue about the Nobel. Solid point there.

I wonder about the continued popularity of Reagan who was so convincing about what he was going to do almost nobody sees what he actually did. I see the Tea party rage originating with Reagan's actual policy vs. his promise, and then Bush II's fiscal irresponsibility.

Last edited by Nesster; 05-19-2010 at 10:18 AM.
05-19-2010, 01:15 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
I no argue about the Nobel. Solid point there.

I wonder about the continued popularity of Reagan who was so convincing about what he was going to do almost nobody sees what he actually did. I see the Tea party rage originating with Reagan's actual policy vs. his promise, and then Bush II's fiscal irresponsibility.

Reagan is not looking so good in the eyes of Historians, and certainly not in the eyes of historical economists. He started the ball rolling for giant deficits, and his Trickle Down Tax Cut policies still have millions going to their mailbox daily just to check to see if anything has "trickled down".......and of course, it hasn't.

He is routinely credited for bringing down the Soviet Union by right wingers, a myth that almost no Historian, left or right will agree with. All in all, he slept a lot and made some sweet sounding speeches.....otherwise he was just another Jimmy Carter in a better suit.
Regards!
05-19-2010, 01:19 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Let's see, how do we make a 47 percent approval rating after years of near-economic depression and even-nearer inherited catastophe sound *bad,* after our own guy had record lows while the economy was supposedly doing great?.....

Any idea, Artesian?
Closed Thread