Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-19-2010, 02:24 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Florida Mosque Firebombed

On May 10th a middle aged white guy set off a pipe bomb and can of gasoline in a Mosque and the MSM decided it wasn't worth reporting.

FBI Investigating Mosque Pipe-Bombing as Possible Domestic Terrorism - Local News on wokv.com

Florida mosque bombed; FBI calls for help; national media mute | Crooks and Liars

05-19-2010, 02:32 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Dag.

Don't make me come down there. I'm cranky.

Happens, though. Avowed right-wing Christian shoots up a UU church in Knoxville? Not much said.

Forget about all those people who haunt and sometimes disrupt Pagan ceremonies, while whining they're under threat somehow... claim 'Christianity is under attack' and do everything they can to threaten everyone else by saying, 'Let's show up and do 'spiritual war!'

(Let's all guess what of the rhetoric about 'total war' is to be taken literally! What fun!)

Yayayah.

You expect much of the news?

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 05-19-2010 at 02:38 PM.
05-19-2010, 03:33 PM   #3
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

I've heard nothing of it, but find it hard to believe the media has ignored it if it was of any real significance. They were quick to cover for the Ft Hood shooter, and I would think they would make this an item...if it was.
One thing for sure, we can know the source was not influenced by any right wing radicals, in particular Glenn Beck and the like...I learned the hard way just recently that these hate mongers never cause wingnuts to come loose and spin out of control. Just doesn't happen...... This was surely done by an Obama loving left wing Kenyan? You think?
Regards!
05-19-2010, 04:19 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I've heard nothing of it, but find it hard to believe the media has ignored it if it was of any real significance.
*doing a Jon Stewart...*

.............Reeeeeeally?

Intriguing.

05-21-2010, 09:04 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I finally did hear some about it on CNN last night, and it was brief. You know, I hear a lot about Media bias, and some say right...some left....no doubt there is both, but I am seeing just a lot of Media manipulation, without regard for anything but sensationalism, ratings, and cash sponsorship. I'm not sure, but I think the Media is putting themselves above all else....you think? It does not appear to be "serious" business....just "business".
Regards!
05-22-2010, 05:28 AM   #6
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I finally did hear some about it on CNN last night, and it was brief. You know, I hear a lot about Media bias, and some say right...some left....no doubt there is both, but I am seeing just a lot of Media manipulation, without regard for anything but sensationalism, ratings, and cash sponsorship. I'm not sure, but I think the Media is putting themselves above all else....you think? It does not appear to be "serious" business....just "business".
Regards!
Rupert, the days of "Who, What, When, Where, and Why" are long gone. Every news story today,regardless of outlet, has to include the 5 Ws PLUS us being told what the reporter (or reporter's employer) feels about it, how we should feel about it, how they think it affects us, what it means for the future, what we should do about it, what the government should do about it, yada, yada, ad infinitum yada. They can't just REPORT the news
05-22-2010, 01:52 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Rupert, the days of "Who, What, When, Where, and Why" are long gone. Every news story today,regardless of outlet, has to include the 5 Ws PLUS us being told what the reporter (or reporter's employer) feels about it, how we should feel about it, how they think it affects us, what it means for the future, what we should do about it, what the government should do about it, yada, yada, ad infinitum yada. They can't just REPORT the news
That's pretty much it in a nutshell....and speaking of nutshells, the same way my Squirrels expect me to respond here. Just keep the feed in the boxes, don't ask questions and don't show any signs of "quick movement"....which would indicate any actual brain activity.

It's been working out for this Old Lady Squirrel.......I shot her this morning (someone complained that my shots weren't "Fresh") with a Pentax 645 F2.8 lens mounted on my K20D with the Pentax 645 Adapter....at f2.8. Wonder how it will do when/if I get the new 645D?

Best Regards!

05-22-2010, 01:59 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Not only that, but "reporters" often don't bother with the 5 W's at all. Instead we get: "This side says such-&-such happened. Meanwhile, this group says such-&-SO happened. We're here on the scene, waiting for things to clear up."

See what I mean? They don't even pretend to dig into the facts. They just report what people say (pretty much your point) and ignore trying to uncover the Truth. What we've lost is news that digs for the truth -- checks false leads, verifies and discards false claims and reports the Factual Truth.

As soon as the media gave up the goal of Truth in the 5 Ws and started the "They said / they said", we lost "news" as we knew it.
05-22-2010, 03:23 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
On May 10th a middle aged white guy set off a pipe bomb and can of gasoline in a Mosque and the MSM decided it wasn't worth reporting.

FBI Investigating Mosque Pipe-Bombing as Possible Domestic Terrorism - Local News on wokv.com

Florida mosque bombed; FBI calls for help; national media mute | Crooks and Liars
You know, I think some of you guys were thinking "Old Rupert" when you read that...right? Besides being of a non-violent nature, I am an "Old Guy", not middle aged. I do work a lot with pipes, but know nothing of bombs, and don't care to. On my lowly Plumber Wages, you would never find me, even in my senile forgetfulness, leaving a can of gasoline anywhere. There are plenty of possible culprits in the world, but I am not one of them....even when it comes to Muslims it takes some real provocation to get me excited. I even threw a fit when Otis roasted that Raccoon at last years Squirrel Frenzy. I'll be damn if it wasn't tasty though!
Best Regards!