Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-19-2010, 09:57 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Analog Monitor =vs= HDMI

Has anyohe who's made the switch from an Analog LCD monitor to an HDMI LCD monitor noticed an appreciable difference???

05-19-2010, 10:15 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not really, apart form the fact that sound can also go over the same cable. I'm not sure of the technical details of HDMI vs analog, but it seems like a huge marketing ploy to me.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-19-2010, 11:54 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The practical difference between analog and digital connections is that the digital will display everything sharper. Definitely go digital if you have the option.
05-20-2010, 09:49 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I've switched, but can honestly tell you that if an analog monitor is adjusted correctly, it's as sharp as a digital screen. Something about phase?? It's like comparing tv with rabbit ears and tv with direct cable. Ghosting a little with rabbit ears. Both screens are great but it seems to depend on how well the analog adjusts up whereas digital is foolproof.

Larry