Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-21-2010, 12:15 PM   #1

Matin EtsHaim strap - is this offensive?

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Hello,

(I tried unsuccessfully to post this in the religion forum).

I'm considering a Matin (South Korea) neck strap.

matin

Matin is using "Ets Haim", the Hebrew term for "Tree of Life", to denote some of its products. I'm interested in what appears to be a well made strap, however I do not want to carry something that may be offensive. Can any Jewish readers tell me what they think of this?

Thanks, BobG

05-21-2010, 12:50 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The P&R forum is closed until 5PM. I'm moving this thread there for you now; it once the forum opens, so will this thread!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-21-2010, 02:05 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The P&R forum is closed until 5PM. I'm moving this thread there for you now; it once the forum opens, so will this thread!
Hrm. I can't say for sure about the Hebrew, as odd an image as it may be to put on a camera strap. It may actually be friendly, from what I understand of the root words, but, you know how details of grammar can be.

As a Pagan, I'm used to all manner of odd merchandising, (Speaking of Korea, ever parsed out what HorusBennu' means in Egyptian mythology? Kind of cool for a tripod, actually. )

Some of it's kind of backhandedly cool.

Some, kind of amusing... You see a Toyota Avalon out there and you can be like, "Well, there's a couple ways you could take that, I think I'll just sing 'Cadillac Ranch...' Sling a Canon, get in a Mercury, go pick up a bottle of Jaegermeister, head on over to the Museum..."

Fun stuff comes across in translation all the time, ...I at least know a lot of Rabbis would tend to take it in good humor. (If there's a reason that's messed-up, though, btw, it matters, so it's good to ask.)

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 05-21-2010 at 02:12 PM.
05-21-2010, 09:15 PM   #4
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

I don't use my strap for much of anything but to loop around my arm sometimes for safety,..... can't stand anything around my neck....it causes flashbacks of my previous life....you understand......I'm certain?
My friend that owns the Computer Store and Learning Center where I have my Gallery has a Hebrew Class two or three nights a week and I am sure they could translate with accuracy.

Meanwhile, I couldn't locate either a price or a dealer to buy from? I would like a wide strap, in black, but found no place to order? My experience with Israeli products has been very good in the past, I would not hesitate to order based on quality. Got any more info?
Regards!

05-22-2010, 09:59 AM   #5

Original Poster
EtsHaim strap

Here's the link to the dealer:

cameramate2010 items - Get great deals on Shoulder Bags, Straps items on eBay Stores!
05-22-2010, 10:17 AM   #6
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by BobG Quote
Thanks! They have a lot of nice straps there! I like the one the Ratlady showed, I think I may try one.....the price is sure right.
Best Regards!