Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-23-2010, 11:40 AM   #31
mel
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Is this the place where someone needs to issue a wee reminder about personal insults? Just checking . . .

05-23-2010, 11:59 AM   #32
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by mel Quote
Is this the place where someone needs to issue a wee reminder about personal insults? Just checking . . .

I'm all for that if you a can get a handle on Mr Ginge.......

QuoteQuote:
Courtesy of Mr Ginge.....

I say you're an Idoit!!!

Speaking of Rupert. Is it just me or, since he posted those pictures of himself, does anyone else find themselves unwilling to visit public restrooms for fear of finding him loitering there humming "Zip me up before you go-go" tunelessly to himself?
Regards!

OTOH- I have actually known some, well, all I have known were women, but I am sure that is not the total picture....that actually liked to be used and abused. They often do things that cause others to take advantage of their many mistakes and abuse them until it hurts......I never understood this, but being of a sound mind and with an alligator hide, it would be difficult to explain where I could "get it". Now I am not saying Mr Ginge has this "disease", but he sure does exhibit the symptoms? So...it is possible that many here are making Mr Ginge a happy guy....girl....whatever?

Last edited by Rupert; 05-23-2010 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Add
05-23-2010, 12:12 PM   #33
mel
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I'm all for that if you a can get a handle on Mr Ginge.......

It was just a general question thrown out there for everyone who happens to read it. Just sayin.
05-23-2010, 12:16 PM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
drunk and "carousing"
You're quite the outspoken puritan for one who's so ashamed of his religion...

05-23-2010, 12:24 PM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GingeM Quote
You're quite the outspoken puritan for one who's so ashamed of his religion...

Ah yes! Back on the religion Mr Ginge. Doubtful you will lure me into any conversation there with a guy like you. You see Mr Ginge, it is like this....let's say you are a guy that is dead ass broke, with not a dime in the bank, and I have several bank accounts all overflowing with cash....and you want to tell me how to manage my money........Even for a "slow" guy like you, that should send up a red flag? But.....my bet is that you still "don't get it".
Regards!
05-23-2010, 04:15 PM   #36
Veteran Member

So, Ginge, as an atheist, you're comfy with this?

Under God: Jesus prayer opens Texas textbook meeting - David Waters
05-23-2010, 07:18 PM   #37
mel
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
So, Ginge, as an atheist, you're comfy with this?

Under God: Jesus prayer opens Texas textbook meeting - David Waters
Religious or non-religious views notwithstanding, I think that should cause pause for many. There's some mighty grand assumptions being made by doing that, the least of which is that everyone in Texas is of their brand of Christian. Judging by the neighborhood I lived in when living in Pflugerville (just north of Austin), that would seem to be a rather erroneous assumption. Even just the Christian part, let alone their brand of it.

05-23-2010, 07:26 PM   #38
graphicgr8s

Ah yes! Back on the religion Mr Ginge. Doubtful you will lure me into any conversation there with a guy like you. You see Mr Ginge, it is like this....let's say you are a guy that is dead ass broke, with not a dime in the bank, and I have several bank accounts all overflowing with cash....and you want to tell me how to manage my money........Even for a "slow" guy like you, that should send up a red flag? But.....my bet is that you still "don't get it".
Regards!
You mean like obamarama is doing now. Actually he's just taking from you and giving it to him. After his cut of course.

But.....my bet is that you still "don't get it
05-23-2010, 07:28 PM   #39
Veteran Member

RML:

As an atheist I have no problem whatsoever.

QuoteQuote:
Friday's meeting of the Texas Board of Education, charged with revising the state's social studies curriculum, began with a Christian prayer on behalf of "a Christian land governed by Christian principles," a prayer made "in the name of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ."
"I believe no one can read the history of our country without realizing that the Good Book and the Spirit of the Savior have from the beginning been our guiding geniuses," board member Cynthia Dunbar said.
What's to argue with? It's, basically, what this country was founded upon. It' s a reasonable foundation for a society. You're argument is with what exactly?

And, no, I'm not even agnostic...
05-23-2010, 08:36 PM   #40
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
You mean like obamarama is doing now. Actually he's just taking from you and giving it to him. After his cut of course.

But.....my bet is that you still "don't get it
George, your reply makes no sense at all in relevance to my post? I swear, you have become worse that the Ratlady ever was at making no sense lately, and she has become many degrees more sensible than you ever were? Is it those Meds? Salt? Too much of that salt can short circuit your potassium levels and short out your brain......There are measures you can take to reduce the toxicity of salt overdose, but in the case of right wing "Conservatives" the one that recommends an enema is best avoided. A good enema will make you guys as invisible as Casper the Ghost.......
Best Regards!
05-23-2010, 09:31 PM   #41
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

RML:
As an atheist I have no problem whatsoever.

What's to argue with? It's, basically, what this country was founded upon. It' s a reasonable foundation for a society. You're argument is with what exactly?

And, no, I'm not even agnostic...
Actually, the nation was founded with a strong concept of Freedom of Religion - the freedom to practice or not practice religion according to your own personal beliefs. It was not founded as a "Christian nation" and none of our founding documents contain any mention of such a notion.

Freedom of Religion is in the First Amendment of the Bill of Rights. Thomas Jefferson spoke and wrote strongly about the need for a wall between religion and government. He believed that government should never endorse any religion.

The majority of the founders were Deists. Here is the definition, courtesy of Wikipedia, but available to anyone who cares to research it elsewhere as well:
QuoteQuote:
Deism is a religious and philosophical belief that a supreme being created the universe, and that this (and religious truth in general) can be determined using reason and observation of the natural world alone, without the need for either faith or organized religion. Many Deists reject the notion that God intervenes in human affairs, for example through miracles and revelations. These views contrast with the dependence on revelations, miracles, and faith found in many Jewish, Christian, Islamic and other theistic teachings.
Among the founders who were strong Deists were Benjamin Franklin:
QuoteQuote:
I soon became a thorough Deist.
and Thomas Jefferson who most often referred to himself as a Unitarian, but whose writings reflected Deist thought. More from wikipedia, but confirmable from multiple sources:
QuoteQuote:
Others included: Cornelius Harnett, Gouverneur Morris, and Hugh Williamson. Their political speeches show distinct deistic influence.

Other notable Founding Fathers may have been more directly deist. These include James Madison, John Adams, possibly Alexander Hamilton, Ethan Allen and Thomas Paine (who published The Age of Reason, a treatise that helped to popularize deism throughout America and Europe). Elihu Palmer (1764–1806) wrote the "Bible" of American deism in his Principles of Nature (1801) and attempted to organize deism by forming the "Deistical Society of New York."
Our founding documents refer to a supreme being without naming that being as the Father, Son and Holy Ghost, Jesus Christ, or anything else. Quite simply, a generic term is used: God or "Creator."

That could be the god of any religion and thus fell into line with Deistic thinking and with acceptance by members of any religion. (excluding atheists who were still protected by the First Amendment, where people believe in and support the US Constitution).

So, the moves by the Texas Board of Education are a modern-day reinvention of the founding of our nation. Not an accurate portrayal at all. That's one of the main reasons they wanted to eliminate or deemphasize Thomas Jefferson as much as possible. His writings put the lie to their revision.
05-24-2010, 02:34 AM   #42
Veteran Member

Yuck:

Yeah, yeah, yeah... I hear the same thing all the time but that fact is that America is and always has been built around a strong christian belief. Bleat and whine all you like about it but it's a fact and saying "it ain't so" doesn't change it.
05-24-2010, 06:58 AM   #43
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Wait! this nation was founded by Dentists?!!

Oh, Deists.

While nominally Christian, there is a wide range of Christianity in the world and in the USA, including the founding fathers. The wish of some fundamentalists to narrow the defintion of Christianity - and to enforce a way of relating to Christianity - is at bottom inimical to the founding principles of the USA.
05-24-2010, 07:17 AM   #44
Veteran Member

Yuck:

Yeah, yeah, yeah... I hear the same thing all the time but that fact is that America is and always has been built around a strong christian belief. Bleat and whine all you like about it but it's a fact and saying "it ain't so" doesn't change it.

Sort of OT Mr Ginge, but I am curious. I a starting to see you use a lot of "girly terms" like "Yuck", which is most often used by teenage girls on the West Coast.....I think they used to call them "Valley Girls"? Is it possible that you are not who you have claimed to be at all, but are a young teen girl that sneaks on here when your Mom is not looking? Just wondering? If so, we won't "rat" on you, but we will have a better understanding of why you are "like you are".
Best Regards!

BTW- I have nothing against young teen girls, and I find most of them well knowledged and articulate...of course, as noted here, there are exceptions.....
05-24-2010, 08:35 AM   #45
mel
Veteran Member

Sort of OT Mr Ginge, but I am curious. I a starting to see you use a lot of "girly terms" like "Yuck", which is most often used by teenage girls on the West Coast.....I think they used to call them "Valley Girls"? Is it possible that you are not who you have claimed to be at all, but are a young teen girl that sneaks on here when your Mom is not looking? Just wondering? If so, we won't "rat" on you, but we will have a better understanding of why you are "like you are".
Best Regards!

BTW- I have nothing against young teen girls, and I find most of them well knowledged and articulate...of course, as noted here, there are exceptions.....
Now look Rupert. The quoted comment has nothing to do with you. He was replying to Yucatan, hence the Yuck I'm guessing (Ginge, ya coulda left off the 'K' - just sayin). You are clearly baiting him at this point and trying to instigate something. Please desist.

The only reason I am even getting involved here is because this is something that is of interest to me as I have kids in public schools and Texas is a large enough textbook market to have serious influence on what the publishers peddle to other states.

I DO NOT want to close this thread as I personally would like read other people's thoughts on what is going on there. So Rupert, I am asking you to not go there. Can you children PULEEZE for once behave like grownups? Just on this one?
Closed Thread