Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-22-2010, 06:22 PM   #1
graphicgr8s

Separation?

I thought liberals wanted separation of church and state? What's this all about faith partnerships now? And this from Stretch:
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYoDymllAwc&feature=related[/YT]

05-22-2010, 06:42 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Is it just me or can the silly cow not string together a coherent sentence in that whole clip?

And these people are being held up to the American people as intelligent, thoughtful leaders???

Oh dear... I hate to say that America is looking more and more woeful every day...
05-22-2010, 06:46 PM   #3
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by GingeM Quote
Is it just me or can the silly cow not string together a coherent sentence in that whole clip?

And these people are being held up to the American people as intelligent, thoughtful leaders???

Oh dear... I hate to say that America is looking more and more woeful every day...
They just want us to be more like Europe. Greece in particular. How much are we giving them again to help them out? Of your money and mine!
05-22-2010, 08:05 PM   #4
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes, I agree, this is just unbelievable to hear her pandering for the Catholic leadership to support Immigration Reform. Can you just imagine Jesus George pandering to guys like Falwell, Dobson, Teddy Haggard and Pat Robertson for help in his "War on Terror"? Golly, the whole of America would have thought he was just using those "Stupid F***ing Christians" wouldn't they? When you hear of Nancy using that terminology for Catholics, you let me know....will you?
Regards!

05-22-2010, 10:55 PM   #5
Inactive Account

She's working on getting some legal migrant workers to replace the illegal migrant workers that she and her husband use to pick their wine grapes in Napa. Its also ironic that the Federal government has pumped $1 Billion into California to save the wine grape industry from a disease spread by insects. Sounds a lot like corporate welfare.

Same thing with old Ted Turner with his thousands of acres of land that the government has paid him millions not to farm. That doesn't even take into account all the tax breaks he gets on that agricultural land in Georgia, Florida, and South Carolina.
05-23-2010, 03:56 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
She's working on getting some legal migrant workers to replace the illegal migrant workers that she and her husband use to pick their wine grapes in Napa. Its also ironic that the Federal government has pumped $1 Billion into California to save the wine grape industry from a disease spread by insects. Sounds a lot like corporate welfare.

Same thing with old Ted Turner with his thousands of acres of land that the government has paid him millions not to farm. That doesn't even take into account all the tax breaks he gets on that agricultural land in Georgia, Florida, and South Carolina.
I say old chap... You can't say things like that. Our very own Quentin Crisp will have a hissy fit... The corporations and the christians are to blame... Just ask him...
05-24-2010, 07:22 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Doesn't she realize that if churches do as she requests, they risk their status as tax exempt?

Or maybe she does and thats the plan.......

05-24-2010, 05:25 PM   #8
Ira
Inactive Account

I say old chap... You can't say things like that. Our very own Quentin Crisp will have a hissy fit....
There are maybe five guys on this site who even know who Quentin Crisp is, and it's basically name-calling, even though the guy has been dead forever.

Can you please grow up and kill the name calling?

Name-calling is a sign--a classic one--of someone having nothing of value to say.

---------- Post added 05-24-2010 at 05:30 PM ----------

I

That's good--it means you won't ever MOVE here!

---------- Post added 05-24-2010 at 05:31 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
Doesn't she realize that if churches do as she requests, they risk their status as tax exempt?

I hope so:

Churches shouldn't be tax-exempt.
05-24-2010, 06:07 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote

I hate to see Churches involved in politics, left or right, but it has been going on forever without consequence. It was only a short while back that a Baptist Church somewhere....I forget just where.....kicked out a good number of Members for voting for Obama. Other Churches were regular Big Time supporters of George Bush and regularly used the Church and Membership for Bush benefits and propaganda. Just more evidence of the total corruption of America...from top to bottom, side to side.
Regards!
05-25-2010, 04:32 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
Name-calling is a sign--a classic one--of someone having nothing of value to say.
Ahhh... I see... That's why I have been called stupid, a racist, a bigot etc. etc. ad infinitum by the lefties here. Thank you for clarifying the point.

QuoteQuote:
That's good--it means you won't ever MOVE here!
You know, in another thread you asked whether I had ever taken or posted a photograph and ended it with a snide comment. If you're going to have a go at someone then I'd suggest you take the time to at least be able to do it intelligently and with a little research behind it. Had you expended the tiniest amount of effort you'd find I've posted a couple of dozen pictures in the short time I have been here. You'd also note that I've lived in the USA for 22 years. I also refer you to your comment I quoted first and suggest you take your own advice. Now trot along, there's a good chap.
05-25-2010, 06:49 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Ahhh... I see... That's why I have been called stupid, a racist, a bigot etc. etc. ad infinitum by the lefties here. Thank you for clarifying the point.

You know, in another thread you asked whether I had ever taken or posted a photograph and ended it with a snide comment. If you're going to have a go at someone then I'd suggest you take the time to at least be able to do it intelligently and with a little research behind it. Had you expended the tiniest amount of effort you'd find I've posted a couple of dozen pictures in the short time I have been here. You'd also note that I've lived in the USA for 22 years. I also refer you to your comment I quoted first and suggest you take your own advice. Now trot along, there's a good chap.
Good point Mr Ginge....you never use any negative descriptions of your fellow Members....right? I mean, just because "idiot" keeps popping up in your replies, we should overlook your mud slinging....because you are "Special".....right? Just wanted to clarify that, so others don't think you are some kind of right wing hypocrite....which would be an uncommon occurrence......right again?
Regards!
05-25-2010, 08:17 AM - 1 Like   #12
mel
Veteran Member

I have 10-year old twins. Cleaning their room is ever an issue. What goes on here between a certain few members reminds me of what I hear from them again and again:

"I'm not cleaning unless he cleans!"
"Well I'M not cleaning unless HE cleans!!"

And on and on and around and around it goes. Endlessly. What you few do here in the P&R forum is akin to that very juvenile behavior. Each refuses to stop as long as each perceives the other as engaging in that same behavior. Excuse my vulgarity (I have boys, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it) but you are all engaged in one big pissing contest, trying to outdo the other. It's all so very childish.

So here's the deal and it's what I tell my kids. Hows about we all just worry about our ownselves and our own behavior and take some responsibility for it. Do the right thing for the right reasons on your own end and maybe, just maybe, it might rub off on someone else and we can have civil and enlightening conversation about the issues that affect us all, regardless of our viewpoint.

K?
05-25-2010, 08:36 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mel Quote
I have 10-year old twins. Cleaning their room is ever an issue. What goes on here between a certain few members reminds me of what I hear from them again and again:

And on and on and around and around it goes. Endlessly. What you few do here in the P&R forum is akin to that very juvenile behavior. Each refuses to stop as long as each perceives the other as engaging in that same behavior. Excuse my vulgarity (I have boys, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it) but you are all engaged in one big pissing contest, trying to outdo the other. It's all so very childish.

So here's the deal and it's what I tell my kids. Hows about we all just worry about our ownselves and our own behavior and take some responsibility for it. Do the right thing for the right reasons on your own end and maybe, just maybe, it might rub off on someone else and we can have civil and enlightening conversation about the issues that affect us all, regardless of our viewpoint.

K?
+1 (at least)

Thank you!
05-26-2010, 02:14 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mel Quote

K?

I posted a long reply to this earlier.....and perhaps I forgot to hit Submit? Being too lazy to repeat it all, as the father of two sons, and having four grandsons (all like Old Rupert) you have my deepest sympathy for your situation. I never did use corporal punishment, but as noted earlier, Mrs Rupert removed many layers of hiney flesh, and I never saw where it made much difference. As soon as they healed up, they were still the same boys they were before, just a little more cautious and a little more crafty. Still, unless she got out of line too far, I never stopped her and she takes credit to this day for their current success in life....and probably deserves it. No...she does deserve it!
The one time I was ordered to "let them have it" I closed the door and made them holler as I whipped the dickens out of a textbook with a leather belt. They never told on me...I made it clear that I could just as easily "turn rabid" if they did. Raising children is not easy......but you learn as you go along, do your best, and hope for some Good Luck.
Best of Luck to You!
Rupert
05-26-2010, 02:59 PM   #15
mel
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I posted a long reply to this earlier.....and perhaps I forgot to hit Submit? Being too lazy to repeat it all, as the father of two sons, and having four grandsons (all like Old Rupert) you have my deepest sympathy for your situation. I never did use corporal punishment, but as noted earlier, Mrs Rupert removed many layers of hiney flesh, and I never saw where it made much difference. As soon as they healed up, they were still the same boys they were before, just a little more cautious and a little more crafty. Still, unless she got out of line too far, I never stopped her and she takes credit to this day for their current success in life....and probably deserves it. No...she does deserve it!
The one time I was ordered to "let them have it" I closed the door and made them holler as I whipped the dickens out of a textbook with a leather belt. They never told on me...I made it clear that I could just as easily "turn rabid" if they did. Raising children is not easy......but you learn as you go along, do your best, and hope for some Good Luck.
Best of Luck to You!
Rupert
Next time you quote me and reply specifically to something I say, please take the time to read the words and understand the meaning behind them. This has nothing to do with parenting. At all. I was comparing the behavior of certain argumentative members of these forums to children who refuse to change a behavior until the other one does. The example was for illustrative purposes only.

If you do not understand what I am saying or how it relates to the situation, please feel free to ask and I will be happy to clarify.
Closed Thread