Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
05-26-2010, 02:44 PM   #31
Veteran Member

I use the example of Mr Echo as example of it being purgatory. You will remeber that once he made peace with is sins and accepted his guilt and offered himself to the black monster he was never seen again. I think this was them saying that once a character accepts his sins he would be freed. Before you say it charlie sacrificed himself he never accepted his guilt so he would still be in the show.

05-26-2010, 03:56 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by gokenin Quote
I use the example of Mr Echo as example of it being purgatory. You will remeber that once he made peace with is sins and accepted his guilt and offered himself to the black monster he was never seen again. I think this was them saying that once a character accepts his sins he would be freed. Before you say it charlie sacrificed himself he never accepted his guilt so he would still be in the show.
Then what about the other dozen or so that died on the island without ever making peace and I don't mean the nobodies from the Dharma Initiative but about Libby, Analucia, Boone, Shannon, Alex, and so on. Mr Ecko might be one example of it being purgatory but there are 10x more examples of it not being purgatory.

The island was never purgatory. People on the island are still alive and when you are alive you cannot be in purgatory. Purgatory is not a place but a state of being. The flash sideways might have been purgatory and I only use that word because it is what most closely resembles purgatory.

I think its just exactly what Christian said it was. A place that the Losties made up so that they could find each other again, find the most important people in their lives and finally let go of all of their flaws and just be happy, and you can call that place whatever you want to.

Last edited by KxBlaze; 05-26-2010 at 04:02 PM.
05-26-2010, 08:32 PM   #33
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
And you were right (see, I do give you credit when that happens ).... Life has been so much nicer since it (P&R, not Lost) disappeared from my radar screen.

Jim
Jim you may have failed to fully understand the undertones of my above statement. Lost is an even greater waste of time than P&R. In fact Lost is a bigger waste of time than most anything I can think of other than talking to rodents. That is truly the biggest waste of time. But Idol would tie Lost for a waste.
05-27-2010, 05:40 AM   #34

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Jim you may have failed to fully understand the undertones of my above statement. Lost is an even greater waste of time than P&R. In fact Lost is a bigger waste of time than most anything I can think of other than talking to rodents. That is truly the biggest waste of time. But Idol would tie Lost for a waste.
Pretty much all TV is a waste of time. Minus the learning channels, although half the programming on those channels are a waste of time and money as well.

05-27-2010, 07:02 AM   #35
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
I did understand what you meant, I just couldn't help myself. Total agreement about Idol, too!

Jim
05-27-2010, 07:13 AM   #36
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
I did understand what you meant, I just couldn't help myself. Total agreement about Idol, too!

Jim
So who did you find then to help you?