Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-24-2010, 09:06 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photo Frame

Hi guys!

I print all of my pictures online but I was wondering were could I get photo frames at a good price. I just printed a bunch of 8x12 and I can't find any frame around my place. Where is the best place to buy them?

Thanks,
Yael

05-24-2010, 08:07 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I got mine at B&H (here), but sold it quickly afterwards. Sharing photos online and printing them seems to still be better in the long run.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-25-2010, 05:59 AM   #3
YJD
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Adam.

I should have precise I'm not looking for a digital frame but the traditional frames you put around the pictures you print.
05-25-2010, 01:38 PM   #4
Inactive Account

try American Frame - Picture Frames Wood Metal Canvas Custom Photo Printing Custom Art - American Frame and go to Printing. Upload your photo and they will print and frame it for you. Hope that helps.

05-25-2010, 03:25 PM   #5
YJD
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks, I didn't know that site... though $42 for one 8x12 with a basic frame is pretty expensive even if they offer a lot of different frames.
05-25-2010, 05:10 PM   #6
Inactive Account

I just uploaded an 8x12 using a Neilsen #11 and it came to $30.00. Anyways, hope that helps.
05-25-2010, 06:09 PM   #7
YJD
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for that extra info.. it's true I didn't try all of the option, just the one that looked the cheapest to me. I'll spend more time looking into it.

Do you like he quality of the print? Is the shipping fast?

Thanks again.

05-25-2010, 07:23 PM   #8
Inactive Account

Quality is beautiful, and they will typically ship within 2 days of your order. Have fun!
05-25-2010, 07:32 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Have you thought about making the frames your self? This is the path I took for my 40x9" and its pretty simple.
05-25-2010, 07:48 PM   #10
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by YJD Quote
Thanks Adam.

I should have precise I'm not looking for a digital frame but the traditional frames you put around the pictures you print.
Silly me! What are those, anyway? tongue

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-25-2010, 08:18 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I know I might get flack for this but I use Ikea....they have all sizes of frame at great prices. I generally buy their basic black frames.

Next what I do is go and get a nice matte sized and cut to fit the photo and the frame at a framers/prints store, then take it home, frame it and voila....beautiful frame and matte super cheap.
05-26-2010, 05:48 AM   #12
YJD
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the comments!
I don't have Ikea by my place only a Walmart so I would have to order online.

Tootall, what are the tools you need to make your own frame? Do you have to have a router? I'm interested to find more about it.
05-26-2010, 08:40 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by YJD Quote
Tootall, what are the tools you need to make your own frame? Do you have to have a router? I'm interested to find more about it.
Not many, a mitre saw, 4 corner clamps, a hammer and a drill are what I used. Google "DIY Frames" will pull up a few sites with step by step instructions.

I picked up from frame edging from the local hardware store and backing board. fairly cheaply. And a stain for the wood. I still have to go an get the glass for mine yet.

If you want, I'll take photo of the one I made in the morning.
05-26-2010, 08:47 AM   #14
YJD
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks... please share a picture of what you did for the frame.
Where do you buy the glass?
05-26-2010, 08:57 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Michaels is a art/crafts store that has what you want at reasonable prices.