Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-26-2010, 09:12 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Republican website

some things are just toooo funny.
first the reason for it.
QuoteQuote:
Republicans want to take over the House in the fall, but there's a problem: They don't have an agenda.

So on Tuesday, they set out to resolve that shortcoming. They announced that they would solicit suggestions on the Internet, then have members of the public give the ideas a thumbs-up or a thumbs-down. Call it the "Dancing With the Stars" model of public policy.
Now the funny part. (In all fairness a Dem site may not be much better but one can hope..... )
QuoteQuote:
"A 'teacher' told my child in class that dolphins were mammals and not fish!" a third complains. "And the same thing about whales! We need TRADITIONAL VALUES in all areas of education. If it swims in the water, it is a FISH. Period! End of Story."
QuoteQuote:
"we need to reframe the discussion" about the BP oil spill to counteract the "environmental whackos" worried about wildlife. Republicans, this person proposed, should argue that "BP is creating a new race of faster dolphins. These fish are unable to compete against the fish of other countries, but now their increased lubrication will allow them to fly through the water. Faster fish = good."
You really have to read the rest...... and again I'm sure many are just for kicks.. we hope.
washingtonpost.com

05-26-2010, 09:20 PM   #2
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
We have a lot more problems in America than just a poor economy, terrorists that want to destroy us, two wars, the collapse of industrial might, a failed education system, and a collosal oil spill that some still refuse to recognize as a disaster........we have dumb people, and far too many of them.
Best Regards
05-26-2010, 09:27 PM   #3
Site Supporter

True enough.
I wonder who's taking all that methedrine I keep hearing about.
Back in the 70s and 80s it was made and marketed by biker gangs around here.
They had some pretty off the wall political views that I sometimes hear echoed in the teaparty.
I'm just sayin'.
Ya' gotta' wonder.

Or do you? SPEED KILLS!
05-26-2010, 09:49 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by shooz Quote
True enough.
I wonder who's taking all that methedrine I keep hearing about.
Back in the 70s and 80s it was made and marketed by biker gangs around here.
They had some pretty off the wall political views that I sometimes hear echoed in the teaparty.
I'm just sayin'.
Ya' gotta' wonder.

Or do you? SPEED KILLS!
When a top political party has to ask what they should be doing, while the Nation is going straight to hell, has got to make you wonder what someone is taking, doesn't it? Sort of like the Tea Party that rails against anything "government" but in poll after poll supports almost all major Govt Programs, in particular any that benefit them. I even heard that one of their top leaders is on Govt disability, but able to fully involve himself in the Tea Party activities........this can't be just a curse of nature to bring all these insane people together...or can it? Lemmings......
Best Regards!

05-26-2010, 09:59 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Be careful what you wish for, or you may live in interesting times.
That would be my words to them, would that they would listen.
05-27-2010, 04:10 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Poe's Law, FTW!
06-01-2010, 05:48 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Not on topic but...

I really didn't want to start another thread...
Mr. Beck's hypocrisy (or how a principal runs shallow)........
Glenn Beck smears Obama's 11-year-old daughter | Media Matters for America
QuoteQuote:
Glenn Beck, who repeatedly and angrily tells his alleged persecutors to "leave the families alone," spent a good chunk of his radio program this morning mocking and attacking the intelligence of President Obama's 11-year-old daughter, Malia.
Apology not accepted...

06-01-2010, 05:59 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
I really didn't want to start another thread...
Mr. Beck's hypocrisy (or how a principal runs shallow)........
Glenn Beck smears Obama's 11-year-old daughter | Media Matters for America

Apology not accepted...
You should have started another thread, this deserves to be seen by all those "Compassionate Conservatives".....you know, the "Moral Right" guys...the ones that make videos on abstinence for teens while they are screwing the brains out of their assistant, or maybe one that gives a speech on "Family Values" then takes off to meet his mistress on the "Appalachian Trail", or one that spends his career railing against homosexuals as he toe-taps in an airport men's room?

Beck is the 2nd in command of the Right, behind Rush, and #1 Leader of the Tea Party, so it is not hard to see what the right is really like, is it? This is a sick man, but no sicker or more perverted than those Faux News watchers that hang on his every sick word.
Best Regards!
06-02-2010, 12:38 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
This is a bit more fun

Ted Haggard Is Back: Gay Sex, Drug Scandal Can't Keep Evangelical Leader Down
QuoteQuote:
"Everybody is welcome: Democrats, Republican, Independents, gays, straights, tall, short, addicts and recovering addicts," Haggard said at a news conference at his home, flanked by his wife Gayle and facing an array of camera and television crews, much as he used to do as a Christian power broker for years and then as the center of a media maelstrom...................................................
But his 2006 campaign against a gay marriage initiative prompted a male prostitute to announce that he and Haggard had hooked up a number of times and also used meth. Haggard and his family dropped out of sight for two years -- he now says he is "a heterosexual with issues".......................................For an evangelical leader who was know as one of the bigger scolds in American Christianity, yet was found to have feet of clay, the bible passage could resonate -- or fall flat.

"Locally it is being called 'Second Church of the Hypocrite'."
Might as well this guy as well..........for the Floridians
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6515O020100602?type=politicsNews
QuoteQuote:
Florida's recently ousted Republican Party chief was indicted on Wednesday on fraud, theft and money laundering charges in the latest embarrassment stemming from the party's fundraising practices.
QuoteQuote:
Greer resigned as chairman in January amid accusations that he misspent party funds. At the time he said he had been wrongly accused by conservatives who were conducting an ideological purge that threatened to split the party ahead of crucial November elections.

Greer has alleged that the party reneged on an agreement to pay him a generous severance package in exchange for keeping quiet about the financial irregularities, something party officials have denied.

Last edited by jeffkrol; 06-02-2010 at 12:52 PM.
06-02-2010, 01:32 PM   #10
Veteran Member

It would be near impossible for those on the right to not claim ownership as the Party of Hypocrites, yet......they do! Complete and total denial, just like the toe tapper with the "Wide Stance". It is the nature of the right to tell others how to live, while living like the devil themselves......it is one of the defining tags of a right winger.
Regards!
06-02-2010, 05:25 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
It's getting interesting

Free Times: Features - The Friskiest State
QuoteQuote:
Whatever it is, political observers around the country are taking notice. Recently, the political website TheDailyBeast referred to South Carolina as the “America’s friskiest state.” And with good reason: When it comes to sex and politics, there might be no hotter place in the country right now.

Anyone needing proof might look no further than the June 8 Republican primary ballot for statewide office. A majority of the names on it should be all too familiar — unfortunately, many because of sex scandals.
Had to add this:
QuoteQuote:
South Carolina State Sen. Jake Knotts (R) has apologized for referring to President Obama and Republican gubernatorial candidate Nikki Haley as "ragheads," saying that he meant the comment as a joke.

"We've already got a raghead in the White House, we don't need another raghead in the governor's mansion," Knotts said on the internet political talk show Pub Politics, according to co-host Phil Bailey.
http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/06/sc_goper_apologizes_for_ca...ey_ra.php#more
http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/

Last edited by jeffkrol; 06-05-2010 at 05:01 AM.
06-02-2010, 10:30 PM   #12
Veteran Member

I don't want to alarm anyone, but did you see Ted Haggard, Family Research Council, Ted Haggard, George Rekers, or the 'American not APA Council Of Christian Failed but Not quite indicted.... Child Psychiatrists Reinforcing Popular Prejudices After People Who Votes Their Pocketbooks, Get Screwed And Need Someone To Blame.....?

Frankly, boys, if you stopped acting like disputes about if anything coming down was *OMG, ghey?!* in the past thirty years, maybe you wouldn't be so Godsforsaken insecure about what you always knew always happened.

Srsly, ORLY? WTF?

Maybe work out your own shite before making up hideously-defamatory stories about *me,* ... Maybe. ? Rupert? 'Loving Christian?'

I know you are someone who claimst to be kind to squirrewls, Rupert, but I hope you understand, if you were directing at me the weapon of your choice and saying, 'This weapon says you were a child abandoner cause I say so,' you would understand very thoroughly #2 of Ratmagiclady's Rules to Live By.

You know what that rule is, Rupert?

That rule is 'The Bad Guys Always Bring Plenty Of Weapons.'

So don't tell me about my *daughter,* arsehole. I assure you, you, nor anyone like you, never came anywhere near her.

So. You think it's funny, Rupert?

I have to say, Rupert, you may possibly be a nice old gent who may possibly have half a chance of governing his tongue in a RL situation. Granted.

But if you think you could get beamed back to the year 1994, and that there was anything you could say now or then that would merit anything but a nice glancing rap upside our occcipital lobes, should ou find yourself ferreted into anything about my family life, well.

*tok.*

That's before you even make up your story.

You figure yourself an anthropologist?

Never mind arbiter of history?

Really?

As for this:

QuoteQuote:
Anyone needing proof might look no further than the June 8 Republican primary ballot for statewide office. A majority of the names on it should be all too familiar — unfortunately, many because of sex scandals.

Oh. Come *on.* My *Gods.* WTF.

I'm about at the point where I'll refuse to vote for *anyone* who won't say, "Well, yes, I had some sex. Iwt was quite wonderful, actually, almost as thought the Goddess was saying quite directly,
"For this moment you cannot be focus-grpouped and things need not suck so badly.. Rejoice! Also orgasm! These people make gory movies abnout horrid death and are afraid to talk about really nicee orgasms, but rather ..orefer gory horrid death!

Did you know we are apparently more comfortable as a culture with watching someone's intestines b eing blown sideways onto a wall than we are with someone poetically describing an orgasm ?

Did you know this is highly alarming?

Did you know you are distractions, and for all you storm about you have no clue what's happening and if we get out of here, it will have nothing to do with you anyway?

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 06-02-2010 at 10:54 PM.
06-03-2010, 06:19 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
That rule is 'The Bad Guys Always Bring Plenty Of Weapons.'
Ratlady, I have asked you to avoid my posts and here you are in another thread attacking me without provocation. Nothing I have said here relates too, or has been directed at you.

Maybe that "Dust of the Twin Towers", that you refuse to tell us about has clogged your mind as well as your airway? Maybe it is just the trauma of "the Fundies that "stole your daughter"....then didn't....then you didn't actually have a daughter....then you actually abandoned the daughter you didn't actually have....." That is enough to confuse even a good and functional mind......so I can see where it could definitely be short circuiting your circuits.
Move along Ratlady and find someone else to attempt to sell your phony sympathy stories to, it should be obvious by now that I am not buying them.
Regards
06-03-2010, 10:27 AM   #14
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Ratlady, I have asked you to avoid my posts and here you are in another thread attacking me without provocation. Nothing I have said here relates too, or has been directed at you.

Maybe that "Dust of the Twin Towers", that you refuse to tell us about has clogged your mind as well as your airway? Maybe it is just the trauma of "the Fundies that "stole your daughter"....then didn't....then you didn't actually have a daughter....then you actually abandoned the daughter you didn't actually have....." That is enough to confuse even a good and functional mind......so I can see where it could definitely be short circuiting your circuits.
Move along Ratlady and find someone else to attempt to sell your phony sympathy stories to, it should be obvious by now that I am not buying them.
Regards
Rupert you two have a love hate relationship don't you?
06-03-2010, 11:15 AM   #15

I don't know about their relationship, but personally I would LOVE it if they would HATE each other elsewhere instead of fouling so many of the relevant threads here.