Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-27-2010, 03:40 PM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Motorists who don't realize that bicycles have as much right to the lane as a motor vehicle does, if there is no bike lane available.
I have people tell me all of the time that cyclist don't have a right to be on the roads. I keep a copy of the Georgia Drivers License Manual in my truck and am very quick to get it and correct them.

05-27-2010, 05:13 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pedestrians might be an annoyance when driving but almost invariably they do have the right of way.

Yes, cyclists do belong on the roads. Like motorists, if only they would all learn and obey the rules of the road we'd all be better off.

Chris
05-27-2010, 06:25 PM   #33
Inactive Account

My pet peeve is getting exited about an auction on E-bay. Waiting 3 days for
the auction to end,bidding on the item winning the item paying for it within
minutes of the close and getting no responce from the seller. Two days later
I email them for status and the seller says they have been trying to get it in the mail and they would try tomorrow. So it's taking them 7-8 days to get
my purchase to me when they live 50 miles away. Would be nice if these
lazy ass people could be responcable enough to take care of business.

Ohhhh I feel better
05-27-2010, 06:31 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Car door dings. I've been driving for 35 years and have never ever dinged another's car. Why can't people be a bit more careful?

Larry

05-27-2010, 06:58 PM   #35
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by larryinlc Quote
Car door dings. I've been driving for 35 years and have never ever dinged another's car. Why can't people be a bit more careful?

Larry
Because they are selfish raging a$$holes, more concerned about texting the dickhead standing right next to them (or some other moronic activity) than watching WTF they are doing..

05-27-2010, 07:48 PM   #36
Veteran Member

Casil
In this country it is a fine of up to $300 for driving and phone usage at the same time. They still do it though.

Looking after their Kids?? Read a report this week of a 3 year old wandering, in his pajamas in the middle of a highway 4AM IN THE MORNING
05-27-2010, 08:05 PM   #37
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Bramela Quote

Looking after their Kids?? Read a report this week of a 3 year old wandering, in his pajamas in the middle of a highway 4AM IN THE MORNING
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=632CEpUoKc4[/YT]

huh

05-27-2010, 08:51 PM   #38
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by larryinlc Quote

Larry
When I actually see someone opening their door against the side of one of my cars..... well, let's just say that it's a Jeckyl and Hyde moment.

I'm obsessive about keeping a straight body on a car. I don't care if the paint is peeling off or faded, but a dent or tiny little ding sends me flying off the handle. The metal has to be perfectly straight and flawless the entire length of the car.
05-28-2010, 01:27 PM   #39
Inactive Account

withdrawn

Last edited by woof; 05-28-2010 at 01:42 PM.
05-28-2010, 01:32 PM   #40
Inactive Account

On a lighter note...

Sensitize yourself to the word "just." People use it like this... "Just do this and just do that..."

Nine out of ten times the person using the word just just does NOT know what it takes to do what they are advocating YOU should JUST do.

Mark my words. You will come to despise the word "just."

woof!
05-28-2010, 01:42 PM   #41
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by woof Quote
Just listen for it. You'll see what I mean.
On a lighter note...

Sensitize yourself to the word "just." People use it like this... "Just do this and just do that..."

Nine out of ten times the person using the word just just does NOT know what it takes to do what they are advocating YOU should JUST do.

woof!
Pot, meet kettle.

You suck.

jk
05-28-2010, 01:49 PM   #42
graphicgr8s

People that never seem to finish a sentence. Yada, yada, yada, With a touch of blah, blah, blah. My mother keeps doing that crap. I just don't let her know how annoying it is anymore.
05-28-2010, 02:37 PM   #43
Veteran Member

Original Poster
On a lighter note...

woof!
LOL...Just like Should? I despise the word should and I am a past habitual user of it....a habit I am desperately trying to break on occasion...I try to check my "shoulds" at the door now and remove the word from my vocabulary.

Nothing gets my back up more than hearing the sentence..."you should do/get/give/try/go______________,<--------fill in the blank.
05-28-2010, 02:43 PM   #44
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

One of mine has to do with left turn lanes and signals. Some people believe that if the car ahead of them made the turn, the they also get to make the turn, regardless of what color the light/arrow is.
05-28-2010, 03:57 PM   #45
Veteran Member

People that use the word "like" in every sentence.

"....and you know, like the color blue, and i was like uhh, and she was like no-way, and like when I went to get some stuff, we were all like, and then........."
Closed Thread