Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-28-2010, 07:30 AM   #16
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I'm glad at least one of you finally sees the light and assigns blame to Jesus George.......not that it is really necessary at this point, when the bulk of America already blames him....but it is refreshing to see you come around to the facts Jim!
Regards!
Well of course. He also should have told the Governor of Loozyana sooner that she had to ask for help before it could be provided. It's all Bush's fault for failing to realize that the Mayor and the Governor were both incompetent idiots.

05-28-2010, 08:11 AM   #17

I am still amazed that GWB didn't send the school bus drivers out! At least not in time to have been effective! He should have known!!
05-28-2010, 09:21 AM   #18
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
I think if there were people in peril, homes destroyed, and bungled / non-existent evacuations, Obama would have the same issues as GWB. The damage here is still a bit abstract and the full effects are still pending. If a full environmental catastrophe develops, and the price of shrimp goes through the roof, and so on... then we get to the really tricky political situation. Obama (and the governors) have the luxury of time here to develop good excuses.
fixed your post for accuracy. No need to thank me.
05-28-2010, 09:24 AM   #19
Veteran Member

yes, I meant excuses

05-28-2010, 09:28 AM   #20
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Well of course. He also should have told the Governor of Loozyana sooner that she had to ask for help before it could be provided. It's all Bush's fault for failing to realize that the Mayor and the Governor were fellow incompetent idiots.

I'm not much into "fixing" the posts of others but since George was helping out this morning, I figured it was the least I could do for a fellow Member! As with George, no thanks required!
Best Regards!
05-28-2010, 09:33 AM   #21
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Rupert, I would contest that if I could come up with a good argument, but, sadly...........................
05-28-2010, 11:20 AM   #22
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I'm not much into "fixing" the posts of others but since George was helping out this morning, I figured it was the least I could do for a fellow Member! As with George, no thanks required!
Best Regards!
So you then agree that the mayor and the governor were the ones responsible. Thank you for finally acknowledging that Rupert.

Do you realize however that you link W for only failing to realize that the mayor and governor were fellow idiots. You failed to link W in a way that would make him as one of them however. At least grammatically.

05-29-2010, 06:16 AM   #23
Veteran Member

So, anybody got any solid word on if this plug actually worked or held or anything?
05-29-2010, 08:41 AM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
So you then agree that the mayor and the governor were the ones responsible. Thank you for finally acknowledging that Rupert.

Do you realize however that you link W for only failing to realize that the mayor and governor were fellow idiots. You failed to link W in a way that would make him as one of them however. At least grammatically.

George, it was obvious that Jesus George was one of the Three Stooges in my reply....I'm sorry you didn't see it, but I am an accomplished Artist of the highest caliber, I think we all agree to that, and if necessary I will draw you a picture? Pretty Colors, and if I can get some help I will even add audio of some of George's "Famous Sayings".....like that "You can fool me once, you can fool me twice, but any way you cut it....I'm a fool"! I always did love that one!!
Anyhow, if you want the picture of Three Stooges with their fingers up their butts as Hurricane Winds blow away New Orleans, just commission me to draw it for you....we can negotiate the price later, and if it is too expensive for you, there are plenty here that would love to have one of my Highly Valued Masterpieces......and I'll even throw in a Squirrel with it for Free!
Best Regards!

OK George, since you won't respond, I figure you are spellbound at the thought of owning a Rupert Masterpiece, and since you are an old buddy here, this one is "On the House"! Enjoy,and you can thank me later!

Last edited by Rupert; 05-29-2010 at 01:50 PM.
05-29-2010, 03:51 PM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Surprise, surprise. "Top Kill" didn't work. And they waited till Saturday afternoon on a holiday weekend to announce it.
05-29-2010, 05:43 PM   #26
Veteran Member

BP CEO Tony Hayward's head should be stuck on a pike on the front lawn of the White House...
05-29-2010, 08:15 PM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
BP CEO Tony Hayward's head should be stuck on a pike on the front lawn of the White House...
Now isn't that needlessly violent, in a public way? I suggest using it to try to plug the leak.
05-29-2010, 09:31 PM   #28
Inactive Account

I'm with Rupert on this Katrina thing. Bush should have been there loading those poor folks on the school busses and following the NO evacuation plan while Nagin took off for Dallas. Hells bells, 1,000,000 got in and out of Washington in 24 hours in freezing weather to party. Bush certanly could have evacuated 200,000 in three days of dire warnings from below sea level in 80 degree weather. Come to think of it the LA coloseum holds about 90,000 and that place emptys and disperses in about 3 hours pretty well in LA traffic. Bush should have been there while the locals hauled a$$ otta town and ripped up the evacuation plan.
05-30-2010, 03:23 AM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Now isn't that needlessly violent, in a public way? I suggest using it to try to plug the leak.
No, that part is the for the executives who made the specific decisions which led to the disaster...
05-30-2010, 07:28 AM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Phil1 Quote
I'm with Rupert on this Katrina thing. Bush should have been there loading those poor folks on the school busses and following the NO evacuation plan while Nagin took off for Dallas. Hells bells, 1,000,000 got in and out of Washington in 24 hours in freezing weather to party. Bush certanly could have evacuated 200,000 in three days of dire warnings from below sea level in 80 degree weather. Come to think of it the LA coloseum holds about 90,000 and that place emptys and disperses in about 3 hours pretty well in LA traffic. Bush should have been there while the locals hauled a$$ otta town and ripped up the evacuation plan.
Well, according to the drawing, which was inspired by the facts of the case, the only one that thought the whole thing "felt good" was the Gov.........I'm not sure if it was the nice winds blowing across the city or the position of her finger.....but she apparently enjoyed the whole episode.....
Regards!
Closed Thread