Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-04-2007, 10:34 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm getting a suprise mystery package, plus a Takumar

I just got a PM from a friend of mine on a flyfishing forum, that has me excited

Here it is
QuoteQuote:
Stu I picked up a camera and a couple of lenses (Optio and Vivitar) with a ton of film and filters including some special effects fiters today...the next time you are over I'll have them ready for you
I won't be able to pick it up for about 10 days

And on a related note, I just made arrangements to pick up a Pentax Super Takumar 1:4 / 300 lens for get this............ $50.00 Canadian.

And it's hardly used. A friend of mine off the same board owned it since new, and doesn't use SLR's any more. It's screw mount so I'll have to get an adaptor.

If you don't see me posting for a few days you'll know I've recieved my new toys I'm hoping that the cameras good, I want to shoot some film.

08-04-2007, 10:43 PM   #2
Forum Member

Awesome news, Stu! I'll have to get my fly fishing rod out of retirement Enjoy all of the new stuff when it gets to you
08-24-2007, 08:30 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I finally got my mystery bag yesterday, and boy was I impressed.
It turns out that my friend paid $40.00 Canadian for it, so I gave him $50.00

This was the main contents, along with about a dozen filters and several rolls of film. Most of which is severely outdated B&W, which I'll still shoot off. It pays having a good relationship with a developer, we've already made arrangements to develop it (I understand that some places hate old film)

I posted this pic with the SMC Pentax 55mm f1.8 earlier

I'm very impressed with it.

This is taken with the Vivitar 28mm f2.8

Again, I'm impressed with the picture quality. I'll be using it a lot.

And taken using the last lens a Tokina 70 - 210 f4 - 5.6

I'm finding the lens a little softer than I like, however I'm looking forward to raising the f-stop a little and seeing if it preforms a little better when I have more light. The deer may have been moving enough to blur the image as well.

The camera is an old Pentax MV, and I've shot 1 roll of 10 year old Kodak B&W film with it already. I hope that some of the pic's turned out. These camera's aren't the best, and really only shoot in AV but I'll still have fun with it.

I haven't gotten the Super Takumar yet. Hopefully next week.
08-24-2007, 09:44 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Wow, that's a nice set of toys, Stu. Wish I could chance upon treasure like that.

08-25-2007, 03:35 AM   #5
Inactive Account

You are a very lucky man Stu. Those are some nice toys. Congrats on the find. the shots are impressive. I love the shot with the 28mm f2.8 it's a beautiful shot.
08-25-2007, 07:52 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you very much, and yes I guess that I did get lucky this time.

I hate to say that I made a mistake with the sunset. I should have been using ISO 200, but discovered later that I was shooting in 400

It makes me think that I could have gotten better results yet
08-25-2007, 12:52 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice to have friends like that The bag looks nice too!

08-25-2007, 06:22 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Your thread makes me think I need new friends...
08-26-2007, 03:17 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by arbutusq Quote
Your thread makes me think I need new friends...
Your friends are probably fine Steve

My friends just know that I'm interested in bargain Pentax gear, so they're on the look out.

If your interested I might be posting some OLD used lenses located in the Okanagan store soon. I was in there a while ago, and not really interested in what he had. However he had some real gems at very good prices
08-27-2007, 06:51 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Give that Tokina a few more tries. I have that same lens and I like it. The "SD" designation means it has low-dispersion glass in it. As small as it is, it's a great way to add some reach to your "walking around" kit.
08-27-2007, 08:25 AM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
Your friends are probably fine Steve

My friends just know that I'm interested in bargain Pentax gear, so they're on the look out.

If your interested I might be posting some OLD used lenses located in the Okanagan store soon. I was in there a while ago, and not really interested in what he had. However he had some real gems at very good prices
The Okanagan is a long way from the Sunshine Coas though.... I can't complain as i picked up a bunch of old manual focus Pentax stuff for next to nothing at an estate sale a month or so ago.
08-27-2007, 08:38 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TaoMaas Quote
Give that Tokina a few more tries. I have that same lens and I like it. The "SD" designation means it has low-dispersion glass in it. As small as it is, it's a great way to add some reach to your "walking around" kit.
Thanks, I'll use it for a while today, and also try a tripod. I know that I'll like it.
I'll probably keep it in 1 of my winter packs.

QuoteOriginally posted by arbutusq Quote
The Okanagan is a long way from the Sunshine Coas though.... I can't complain as i picked up a bunch of old manual focus Pentax stuff for next to nothing at an estate sale a month or so ago.
That's a score. You've got to love the reverse compatibility with the Pentax glass.