Microsoft to discontinue Bing cashback in July

Adieu, Bing:
Bing Community

06-04-2010, 04:30 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You beat me to it..

Bing Shopping

Get those purchases made if you want to participate..

06-04-2010, 05:49 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Bing Cashback DEAD (ends july!)

From an email most of us probably got today....

I have no reason to doubt it's authenticity:

bing coin Bing cashback
Dear valued cashback customer:

We are writing to notify you that the Bing cashback program will be discontinued, and the last day to earn cash back on your Bing Shopping purchases will be July 30, 2010.

Until July 30, 2010 9:00 pm PST, it's business as usual so continue to take advantage of great offers from your favorite merchants. You can redeem all of your earned cashback savings consistent with the cashback terms and conditions and access the Bing cashback customer support system through July 30, 2011. We encourage you to redeem your cashback savings and to further support redemption, we are waiving the $5 minimum payout effective July 31, 2010. To assist with prompt delivery of your cashback earnings, please visit http://cashbackaccount.bing.com to ensure your account information is current. For more details and answers to your questions, please visit our frequently asked questions page.

Thank you very much for being a loyal cashback user. We remain committed to delivering great value to our customers, and we are currently working on an exciting new program which you will hear more about from us later this summer.

Sincerely,

Bing cashback team
06-04-2010, 06:36 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I got it too. We will have to see. Just in case, I wouldn't use that link to access your account.

06-04-2010, 06:57 PM   #5
Veteran Member

It says it right on the Bing site.

Bing Shopping

QuoteQuote:
Dear valued cashback customer:
We are writing to notify you that the Bing cashback program will be discontinued, and the last day to earn cash back on your Bing Shopping purchases will be July 30, 2010.

Until July 30, 2010 9:00 pm PST, it’s business as usual so continue to take advantage of great offers from your favorite merchants. You can redeem all of your earned cashback savings consistent with the cashback terms and conditions and access the Bing cashback customer support system through July 30, 2011. We encourage you to redeem your cashback savings and to further support redemption, we are waiving the $5 minimum payout effective July 31, 2010. To assist with prompt delivery of your cashback earnings, please visit http://cashbackaccount.bing.com to ensure your account information is current. For more details and answers to your questions, please visit our frequently asked questions page.

Thank you very much for being a loyal cashback user. We remain committed to delivering great value to our customers, and we are currently working on an exciting new program which you will hear more about from us later this summer.

Sincerely,

Bing cashback Team
06-04-2010, 07:11 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

So they just couldn't afford it, huh? That's too bad.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-04-2010, 07:14 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Seems I need to buy more gear these days.

06-04-2010, 10:37 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Ah well, fun while it lasted. I've personally saved almost $220 in cashback, most of it on my K-7 / lens / grip / etc. purchases late last year.
06-05-2010, 04:19 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Merged these two threads
06-05-2010, 12:42 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Try to bribe all they want, Bing will never be Google.
06-05-2010, 01:09 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by r0ckstarr Quote
Try to bribe all they want, Bing will never be Google.
I'm fine with bribing; when I was a Pentax user I bought a ton of stuff for 20-30% off and actually MADE money selling the gear later.
06-06-2010, 05:18 AM   #12
Veteran Member

With e-bay bing cashback, it usually takes 60 days to clear the cashback. Does anyone know whether the july deadline is actually for the purchase or would they not even send the cashback after the deadline, in which case ebay bing cashback is effectively over?
06-06-2010, 07:05 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pcarfan Quote
With e-bay bing cashback, it usually takes 60 days to clear the cashback. Does anyone know whether the july deadline is actually for the purchase or would they not even send the cashback after the deadline, in which case ebay bing cashback is effectively over?
As it says in their message, "You can redeem all of your earned cashback savings consistent with the cashback terms and conditions ... through July 30, 2011".
06-06-2010, 07:41 AM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by knoxploration Quote
As it says in their message, "You can redeem all of your earned cashback savings consistent with the cashback terms and conditions ... through July 30, 2011".
oops, missed that....thanks.