Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-11-2010, 08:42 AM   #1
graphicgr8s

Hollywood, Nashville, the Gulf

So I've been think of late about these three. Hollywood was quick to bash W. Understood. They were quick to hold benefit concerts for this catastrophe or that sunami or whatever. So where are they now?
Nashville was underwater with many homeowners not having flood insurance. Why no benefit concert?
The Gulf states are/will be losing billions of dollars adding to an already stressed economy. Why no benefit concert?
There are millions of poor, homeless people right here in the US of A. Why no benefit concert?
There are millions of orphaned children right here. Why aren't the "stars" adopting them? (OK I actually know why they won't. And it's really not their fault.)

So Where Are All the Hollywood Types in these crisises?

We are always there to help other countries. No other countries seem to help out Nashville though. Maybe we need to rethink OUR giving.

06-11-2010, 08:45 AM   #2
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Testifying before Congress.
06-11-2010, 08:45 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
So I've been think of late about these three. Hollywood was quick to bash W. Understood. They were quick to hold benefit concerts for this catastrophe or that sunami or whatever. So where are they now?
Nashville was underwater with many homeowners not having flood insurance. Why no benefit concert?
The Gulf states are/will be losing billions of dollars adding to an already stressed economy. Why no benefit concert?
There are millions of poor, homeless people right here in the US of A. Why no benefit concert?
There are millions of orphaned children right here. Why aren't the "stars" adopting them? (OK I actually know why they won't. And it's really not their fault.)

We are always there to help other countries. No other countries seem to help out Nashville though. Maybe we need to rethink OUR giving.
Counting their money.

06-11-2010, 01:06 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Please.... lets be accurate, thats HOLLYWEED.

06-11-2010, 01:07 PM   #5
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I thought it was Hollyweird.
06-11-2010, 01:35 PM   #6
graphicgr8s

Liberal LalaLand

Hey I thought they were all moving to France if W got in office. What happened? They discover something like 50% of their income would be confiscated in taxes?
06-11-2010, 01:51 PM   #7
Veteran Member

The Nashville thing would be country music though, the old Opry and all.

06-11-2010, 01:55 PM   #8
Inactive Account

'Hey I thought they were all moving to France if W got in office. '

Alec Baldwin is still packing his tooth brush. Its very very large.
06-11-2010, 06:14 PM   #9
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Phil1 Quote
'Hey I thought they were all moving to France if W got in office. '

Alec Baldwin is still packing his ego. Its very very large.
Hey I made the correction to your statement so it would be true
06-11-2010, 09:30 PM   #10
Inactive Account

I don't think that could ever be contained. LOL
06-12-2010, 08:21 AM   #11
Site Supporter

How about a consortium of (conservative) graphic artists, doing a benefit draw off?
I thought you said those wonderful, generous, rich, right "wingers" always come to the rescue.
I still haven't seen ANY proof of that statement.
06-12-2010, 10:36 AM   #12
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by shooz Quote
How about a consortium of (conservative) graphic artists, doing a benefit draw off?
I thought you said those wonderful, generous, rich, right "wingers" always come to the rescue.
I still haven't seen ANY proof of that statement.
We do it without fanfare. We do it with our own money. We don't hold "benefits" then donate the "proceeds" others have given. We actually give from our own pocket. We don't dig into yours. We'd rather it be said " Gee I wonder who gave this"? Rather than "Look at what (insert name here) collected with all the big ado". We give not expecting praise or anything else. We give in private and derive satisfaction just knowing someone benefited. God knows we give and that's all that matters.
06-12-2010, 10:43 AM   #13
Site Supporter

All that rhetoric and no proof.
Typical.
06-12-2010, 10:55 AM   #14
Veteran Member

We do it without fanfare. We do it with our own money. We don't hold "benefits" then donate the "proceeds" others have given. We actually give from our own pocket. We don't dig into yours. We'd rather it be said " Gee I wonder who gave this"? Rather than "Look at what (insert name here) collected with all the big ado". We give not expecting praise or anything else. We give in private and derive satisfaction just knowing someone benefited. God knows we give and that's all that matters.
And you have actual proof that no one from Hollywood (Hollyweed, Hollyweird - whatever you want to call it) doesn't give the same way? If so, post the actual proof and not more of your "I've already posted it, go look it up".
06-12-2010, 10:58 AM   #15
Site Supporter

Jimmy Carter done it!!!!