Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-09-2007, 04:23 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
You might want to take a look.

A friend sent this in an e-mail to my wife and I thought you all might get a kick out of it. It is a PDF file . Just keep scrolling to the bottom and you'll understand.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/attachments/14-general-talk/4207d1186701601-you-might-want-take-look-mail.pdf

Attached Images
File Type: pdf Mail.pdf (48.7 KB, 816 views)
08-10-2007, 08:16 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Frankly, with the current storm of infected pdfs being shunted around via email, You couldn't pay me to click on it.

Sorry.
08-10-2007, 08:38 PM   #3
Veteran Member

raz- Update your virus definitions and live a little.

Thanks for the laugh, David!
08-10-2007, 11:41 PM   #4
Veteran Member

That was fun read, David.

Got a cold here and could not do too much. This is kind of fun looking through it

08-11-2007, 01:14 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I thought only we had those!
Thanks for the enlightenment!
08-11-2007, 03:07 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by raz-0 Quote
Frankly, with the current storm of infected pdfs being shunted around via email, You couldn't pay me to click on it.

Sorry.
Well Raz-o, First off, my virus protection would never allow an infection into my system. Second, I know where the original e-mail came from and I trust the person who sent it. Third, I created the PDF file, and my virus protection scanned it just like any thing I would post here on the forum, or send out over the Internet. I would hope that being one of the oldest members with over 1300 posts I could be trusted to post images or PDF's on this site with out any one having to worry whether I was trying to infect their computers. I'm also sure that Adam (MO) has protected the site fully. I would hate to have to be scared to open anything on this forum including links to anyones posts for fear they might infect my computer. I have to much data at stake on this computer not to be fully protected. So as Beth said lighten up and get an update of your virus protection and have a laugh.

Last edited by Photo Tramp; 08-11-2007 at 05:09 AM.
08-11-2007, 03:10 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bdavis Quote
raz- Update your virus definitions and live a little.

Thanks for the laugh, David!
Your welcome Beth I thought you might like it. I can honestly say after reading the whole thing I was just in stitches. The Ironic thing is it's true.

08-11-2007, 03:19 AM   #8
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks James, I'm glad you got a laugh. Now get over the cold so you can really feel better. You got your feet wet when you drowned your 31mm I bet and didn't have anything along to warm up the insides. Thats what good Brandy is for. Always carry a flask to keep warm by, and if you finish the entire flask it really makes your photography (well interesting) Keep warm my friend.

BC, It's not only in Turkey I'm afraid. I think all governments are pretty much the same now a days. (a real shame) But in those moments of sanity and soberness we have to trust they won't sell the country out from under us.
08-11-2007, 03:33 AM   #9

QuoteOriginally posted by Photo Tramp Quote
I would hope that being one of the oldest members with over 1400 posts I could be trusted to post images or PDF's on this site with out any one having to worry whether I was trying to infect their computers.
Trust has nothing to do with it. In the age of stolen computers and forum software bugs which allow identity theft, session hijacking etc, etc I don't think a name and four digit number should convince anybody to forgo common sense of security and basic carefulness. It is really rather silly to suggest that it should.

Third, I created the PDF file, and my virus protection scanned it just like any thing I would post here on the forum, or send out over the Internet.
My PDF-reader of choice (Foxit) could not display the contents of your PDF-file. I haven't had problems with any sorts of PDF-files before, this is first one. I'd rather not install Adobe Reader for this particular file. I suspect I might not be the only one.
08-11-2007, 04:13 AM   #10
Veteran Member

The Ironic thing is it's true.
We had an Australian version of this floating around a few months back. Ours was not true - far from it - and I suspect yours is not either.
08-11-2007, 05:03 AM   #11
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aabram Quote
Trust has nothing to do with it. In the age of stolen computers and forum software bugs which allow identity theft, session hijacking etc, etc I don't think a name and four digit number should convince anybody to forgo common sense of security and basic carefulness. It is really rather silly to suggest that it should.

My PDF-reader of choice (Foxit) could not display the contents of your PDF-file. I haven't had problems with any sorts of PDF-files before, this is first one. I'd rather not install Adobe Reader for this particular file. I suspect I might not be the only one.
Your Call, I'm not getting into a pissing contest over the thread. For those who choose to open it I think they would get a laugh for those who don't OH Well.
08-11-2007, 05:08 AM   #12
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jthommo Quote
We had an Australian version of this floating around a few months back. Ours was not true - far from it - and I suspect yours is not either.
I don't really know if it fits all of our govt officials, but from the recent accounts in the news here it really seems to fit well. I think the media has much to do with creating the problems more then the problems them selves.