Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-17-2010, 09:20 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Do these stories happen on this forum?

I just came back from a vacation in Spain. I had an incredible experience as a result of participating in a wine forum for many years.

A board participant with whom I did not exchange much directly invited me to come by and say hello while I was in Spain. We emailed something of our plans, and agreed to meet. We came over to his house, and he had picked out more than an evening's worth of wines, specifically based upon my taste reflected in my wine reviews. We opened a bottle of cava with tapas, and got to know each other with our feet in their swimming pool. (Nice house)

He and his wife had also scouted out great walks through the city from our hotel. After cava and tapas, we went on one of those walks with them, and they explained the others. When we came back to their house, around 9 p.m., his wife make a terrific Spanish dinner, eaten late as is customary, and we drank wine and talked until close to 2 a.m. We actually ended up spending the night.

I was overcome with the hospitality we received from someone we had only met through a board like this one. The Pentax board has participants from more countries than the wine board. I wondered if others had been to visits through this board that came out so well.

06-17-2010, 11:14 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

A Pentax related email list that I am on has fairly frequent get togethers all over the place. The most recent would have been at a nature photography clinic in the Blue Ridge Mountains.
The last one that I attended was last month in Chicago at the gallery opening that coincided with the release of picture book that we published this year.
That get together attracted people from as far away as Israel and Norway.
06-18-2010, 05:50 AM   #3

I would be interested in joining a Pentax related e-mail list!!!
06-18-2010, 10:18 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
A Pentax related email list that I am on has fairly frequent get togethers all over the place. The most recent would have been at a nature photography clinic in the Blue Ridge Mountains.
The last one that I attended was last month in Chicago at the gallery opening that coincided with the release of picture book that we published this year.
That get together attracted people from as far away as Israel and Norway.
Sounds great.

06-18-2010, 10:36 AM   #5
emr

QuoteOriginally posted by clmonk Quote
I would be interested in joining a Pentax related e-mail list!!!
http://www.pdml.net/???
06-18-2010, 10:55 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by emr Quote
The same.

Edit: A word to the wise, it tends to be quite a busy list, and tends to be more of a general discussion about photography than the gearhead stuff that this forum is heavy in to.

Last edited by Wheatfield; 06-18-2010 at 02:33 PM.
06-19-2010, 12:15 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I met up with one of the local Flickr meets here. Out of 8 people, all with different types of DSLR's (Canon, Nikon, and Sony), I was the only person that wasn't using Auto mode.

I left early.