Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-23-2010, 04:58 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
Any general on active duty who mocks any president - Republican, Democratic, Tea Party, Green or whoever gets elected by the People of the United States -- needs to be court martialed.
Yucutan:

I'm well aware of the law. I'm also well aware of how soldiers the world over joke about their leaders, or in this case "leaders". There was nothing seditious nor undermining of the authority that was said from the little I have seen but, before you spout off about how terrible what was said is, think back to your time in and remember that you would joke about your bosses but that didn't mean you didn't follow their orders did it?

06-23-2010, 06:18 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
These things maybe said in private, amongst soldiers, but not in front of a reporter. That is the distinction. What exactly was our general thinking he'd accomplish by permitting himself and his staff to 'joke' and express in this manner?
06-23-2010, 06:46 AM   #18
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
These things maybe said in private, amongst soldiers, but not in front of a reporter. That is the distinction. What exactly was our general thinking he'd accomplish by permitting himself and his staff to 'joke' and express in this manner?
With Afghanistan taking a back burner to local crisises what he did was put himself on a "grenade" to bring focus back to where our men and women are losing their lives. He's out there while Obamarama is playing golf, having concerts and taking vacations.
What a difference between W and Obamarama. After 9/11 W gave up golf because of it. Didn't feel it was right. Yet the Obaminator keeps having a grand old time and no one says nuttin. If it was W you'd all be having a fit.
06-23-2010, 07:11 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
What exactly was our general thinking he'd accomplish by permitting himself and his staff to 'joke' and express in this manner?
He just figured that if it's OK for the Vice President of the United States to use the F word on TV he could speak freely too.
It seems that most of the derrogatory comments were made by staff in regard to Joe Biden , who really is and allways has been a joke so they were just telling the truth.
Seriously though McChrystal has to go down or it will set a bad precident ( kinda like Biden did).

06-23-2010, 07:50 AM   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
With Afghanistan taking a back burner to local crisises what he did was put himself on a "grenade" to bring focus back to where our men and women are losing their lives. He's out there while Obamarama is playing golf, having concerts and taking vacations.
What a difference between W and Obamarama. After 9/11 W gave up golf because of it. Didn't feel it was right. Yet the Obaminator keeps having a grand old time and no one says nuttin. If it was W you'd all be having a fit.
Yeah, GWB was a real workaholic. He spent 487 days at Camp David and 490 days in Crawford. By far the most 'vacation time' of any modern president.
06-23-2010, 08:08 AM   #21
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
It is no secret how I feel about Obama, but I feel even more strongly about the responsibilities of military officers and NCOs. Particularly their responsibility to the President, whoever he may be. The General should be fired, and face charges.
While it may have been inappropriate, it certainly isn't the first time a top officer has butted heads with the Commander-in-Chief. McClellan disagreed with Lincoln so much he ran for President against Lincoln during the War. Douglas MacArthur had a run in with Harry Truman.

BHO better watch out, he may end up with so competition in the Democratic National Communist Party Primary in 2012. McChrystal may have a better shot than anyone from the Grand Old Prick Party.
06-23-2010, 10:13 AM   #22
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by GingeM Quote
Yep... That's right... Court Martial the man... Demonstrate that Freedom of Speech is dead. How dare anyone not think well of an elected official. How dare a lifelong military man, a special forces man to boot, laugh at someone whose physical ability as demonstrated by his throwing a ball at a baseball game indicates he probably couldn't hack even the most basic military training, (he throws like a girl but not even as well as one if you need that explaining).

You kids are a laugh a minute. You proclaim you are all for the little guy and freedom and rights but you want anyone who disagrees with you, or Him, silenced.

Obama isn't worth McChrystal's toe jam, lets be quite honest.
Or let him go and demonstrate that a sworn oath, honor, and duty are meaningless. He does not have the same freedom of speach that civilians have. He voluntarily surrendered some freedoms when he raised his right hand a swore an oath before God to obey regulations and the orders of his superiors.
You kids that were apparently raised to think that your word should only mean something until it becomes an inconvenience are a laugh a minute.
(You're right about the toe jam part, though!)

---------- Post added 06-23-2010 at 12:17 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by GingeM Quote
Yucutan:

I'm well aware of the law. I'm also well aware of how soldiers the world over joke about their leaders, or in this case "leaders". There was nothing seditious nor undermining of the authority that was said from the little I have seen but, before you spout off about how terrible what was said is, think back to your time in and remember that you would joke about your bosses but that didn't mean you didn't follow their orders did it?
Gene, I find it hard to believe that you can't understand the difference between a bunch of GIs sitting around carping to each other about the leadership, and one of them, particularly at that level, doing it publicly. This is all a put-on, right?

---------- Post added 06-23-2010 at 12:25 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by FlashCube Quote
While it may have been inappropriate, it certainly isn't the first time a top officer has butted heads with the Commander-in-Chief. McClellan disagreed with Lincoln so much he ran for President against Lincoln during the War. Douglas MacArthur had a run in with Harry Truman. [COLOR="Red"]And look where that got him.
No, it isn't the first time someone has butted heads with the President. And................?

BHO better watch out, he may end up with so competition in the Democratic National Communist Party Primary in 2012. McChrystal may have a better shot than anyone from the Grand Old Prick Party.
Let's hope so.
Just to clarify:
1. I hate that Obama is President.
2. #1 is irrelevant to the issue.
3. The good General should face charges.

06-23-2010, 10:42 AM   #23
graphicgr8s

Rumor has it that the Obaminator will accept the tendered resignation letter.
06-23-2010, 10:44 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Interesting take on it.
Have to admit being torn on this one.......... and I'm just glad I'm not making the decision.
Either way Obama will get bashed. He might as well do what he think is good for the conflict.
Unfortunately that leads more to letting him get away with it....
What's the fuss, Afghans ask about McChrystal controversy - CNN.com
opps doesn't matter...he's gone............
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/gen-stanley-mcchrystal-relieved-command-obama...ry?id=10992188
06-23-2010, 10:50 AM   #25
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
Interesting take on it.
Have to admit being torn on this one.......... and I'm just glad I'm not making the decision.
Either way Obama will get bashed. He might as well do what he think is good for the conflict.
Unfortunately that leads more to letting him get away with it....
What's the fuss, Afghans ask about McChrystal controversy - CNN.com
opps doesn't matter...he's gone............
Obama Accepts Stanley McChrystal Resignation Over Rolling Stone Article, General David Petraeus to Take Over Command - ABC News
Might actually agree on this one Jeff. He should have kept his mouth shut. However Obama knew he was a loose canon. Thing is he is in good with those in Afghanistan and would still be an asset there.
06-23-2010, 11:05 AM   #26
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Or let him go and demonstrate that a sworn oath, honor, and duty are meaningless. He does not have the same freedom of speach that civilians have. He voluntarily surrendered some freedoms when he raised his right hand a swore an oath before God to obey regulations and the orders of his superiors.
You kids that were apparently raised to think that your word should only mean something until it becomes an inconvenience are a laugh a minute.
(You're right about the toe jam part, though!)[COLOR="Silver"]
Well stated Parallax. However, the only disagreement I have is he needs to be put through the trial process. Yes, he's a idiot for what he said and where he said it, but innocent before proven guilty still must be followed - even if what was said was so painfully obvious.
06-23-2010, 11:29 AM   #27
Inactive Account

Thanks General for letting us all know what we already knew about this administration. It's nice to hear honesty. I hope they read you your Miranda Rights and you get a beany and a prayer rug.

Hmmm Betrayus Petreaus back in?? Whoda thunk it. The leftys hate him with a passion. He would be a good one to choke off and let the war be lost with.

Now back to the gays in the military critical issue.......
06-23-2010, 11:33 AM   #28
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

It is no secret how I feel about Obama, but I feel even more strongly about the responsibilities of military officers and NCOs. Particularly their responsibility to the President, whoever he may be. The General should be fired, and face charges.
That's a start, now when the Secretary of the Army, or Secretary of Defense convenes a Court-Martial, everything will be on track.
Just to clarify:
1. I hate that Obama is President.
2. #1 is irrelevant to the issue.
3. The good General should face charges.
QuoteOriginally posted by opiet70 Quote
Well stated Parallax. However, the only disagreement I have is he needs to be put through the trial process. Yes, he's a idiot for what he said and where he said it, but innocent before proven guilty still must be followed - even if what was said was so painfully obvious.
I don't quite understand your disagreement. I stated in three separate posts that he should face charges and Court-Martial.
06-23-2010, 12:19 PM   #29
Veteran Member

Parallax:

It's Ginge not Gene... No offense taken...

I really only see a massive over-reaction by people. He doesn't need anything more than any other subordinate would get. Progressive discipline. Progressive discipline does not start with Courts Martial or even with removal from position especially when you consider the "trickle down" effect it will have on his subordinates who, by all accounts, love him, (in the manlyest way), and have the utmost respect for him. It will reduce, (if that's possible), the respect they have for Obama for his lack of a "sense of humour" and his over-reaction and it shows Obama to be a petty man. If he wanted to build some capital with the military, (something he is severely lacking), he would have taken McChrystal into the oval office, made sure everyone in the WH heard a lot of one way shouting, walked out with McChrystal behind him and told the world that the two had had a discussion, that they understood each other, that such behaviour wouldn't happen again, that he looks forward to McChrystal returning to his command and his swift and effective success in theatre.

But, this way he gets to demote Patraeus too...
06-23-2010, 01:00 PM   #30
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Gave up golf. Didn't give up mountain biking. W always hated golf anyway. So it wasn't like he was inconveniencing himself. We learned plenty about W in Texas when he was governor here. (he's afraid of horses. heheh)
Closed Thread