Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-02-2010, 04:00 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
dutch politics and conditions

OnE letter from a personal correspondence on the current conditions in Holland...
take it for what it's worth.........
QuoteQuote:
I think you got a good impression of politics in Holland (similar to Germany )

Today they vote in Germany a new President of the German republic.

It is the function which person sacks or installs governments.

Usuall work is more or less celebritary. When chanceler Frau Merkel, who named

a person of her party CDU, Cristian Wulff, CDU, fails in her order, than we have

a crisis in the German administration.

The policy in Germany is not social, they want to save money at the ordinary peoples,

you can imagine where this un realistic way will lead to?

-See documentair Monitor 17 06 2010 ARD DasErste.de - Monitor - Monitor vom 17.06.2010

There is a very clear serie of facts and experience, what proves why it is a very wrong

way to be world export champ and the inner market is flat!

Workers and employments (exept financial branches) haven’t got any substantional

Income growth for 10 years!

Obama makes the health care in order, the system was here in commen use until the

so called liberalisation and privatisation of (economic) markets Global and Mondial where

the top themes, some years ago in Holland was the private health insurance intruded, since

then its going down….

The same with the post man, public transport train, buses, energy sources, water everything

is privatisated, the argument that competition would lower the cost was fake and stays fake..

there are al lot of latent derailment, and the embedded media and elitairy politicians do not

show that they understand what is going on in the society.

Instead of doing and making corrections, happened nothing, just lower income of peoples!

Security was fake, when you whant to make a rapport at the police you have t make an appointment!

When burglaries and dis-treatments happen, there is a very low rating of solutions…. the victims, and

that are lots of peoples, feel not be taken serious, consequences are the success of Wilders party.

Those itms play in most European countries, that will be one of the reasons that that the will EU fail!

(and the exorbitant costs (billions) of this not democratic institution, what doesn’t help the peoples)

07-02-2010, 07:01 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I was sitting in a hotel in Otterlo (north of Arnhem) some 8 years ago (on holiday) when I struck up a converstaion with a 30+ yr old Dutchman, who had picked up on the accent.

That conversation stays with me to this day.

This man was an engineer, employed.....and was not holding back on expressing his opinion.
In essence he said that the EU would fail, that they (the Dutch) did not want to be ruled by the Germans, the French or the "ingils" (English). He very passionately stated that he was Dutch, his father was Dutch, his Grandfather was Dutch...and so on....he went onto say that we are not "EU".
He gave examples then (remember this is 8 years ago) of how the currency was hurting the Dutch in favour of the Big Two (Germany& France), and that how they, the Dutch, would be swamped by immigration from Nth Africa and Eastern Europe which would make their health & social security systems unsustainable. He predicted that when the costs of running these became an issue for the Dutch the "EU" will be hot tailing it out of town as the Big Two moved to protect their own economies.

Your correspondence would appear to give this Dutchmans 8 yr old fears (prophecies?) some substance
07-02-2010, 11:52 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
A single person's statement, made 8 years ago, doesn't look like a solid basis for a political prediction.

Besides, 8 years ago Euroscepticism was much stronger (in spite of the crisis in which Europe is now).

I'm in Brussels right now, and I've traveled a quite bit in the Flemish region: clearly immigrants flock in the francophone cities. Dutch isn't an easy language to learn. (On the other hand the Dutch had their own colonies, although much less colonized territory than the French and the British. But their colonies must take some 'revenge' on the colonist as well.)

I don't think Europe will fall. The benefit of having easier access to an enormous market and increased mobility is precious.
07-03-2010, 01:51 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I don't think Europe will fall. The benefit of having easier access to an enormous market and increased mobility is precious.

You don't need a single political system to achieve that. Access to the whole is quite possible (and is now) without creating a United States of Europe which is the long term game plan being slowly but surely brought to fruition by the unelected bureaucrats of the EU. There is talk of this project failing and the big countries forming their own group which will exclude such basket cases as Greece and Ireland. In a way I do hope it all fly's apart, I doubt that Ireland will be any worse or better off than it is now and it does mean that the reduction of central control will make life that little more pleasant.

Closed Thread