Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-08-2010, 01:27 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Official Inception Hype Thread

QuoteQuote:
"Further, its sublime combination of theoretical and humanistic elements puts it in the company of films like, yes, The Matrix, but more accurately dense, character-driven concept movies like Synecdoche, New York, itself arguably one of the best and most important (if also impenetrable) of the last decade. But it's also the kind of movie that transcends any easy comparisons, and resists previous standards of achievement, innovation, or impact, which is why it's difficult to pinpoint the last time I felt quite so passionately about every single part of a cinematic experience."
Review: Inception - Cinematical

Definitely gonna be there opening night.

07-08-2010, 01:47 PM   #2
Veteran Member

is it just me or does this movie seem to be a remake of Dreamscape? about someone that can project themselves into others dreams and influence them.

Dreamscape (1984) - Movie Info - Yahoo! Movies
07-08-2010, 02:29 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote

Sounds like it could use some..contraception.
07-08-2010, 06:25 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gokenin Quote
is it just me or does this movie seem to be a remake of Dreamscape? about someone that can project themselves into others dreams and influence them.

Dreamscape (1984) - Movie Info - Yahoo! Movies

lets see here

80's crappy low budget production
fantasy plot, monsters, little kids
like.. 5 actors

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCrtOAC-wsE[/yt]

vs

modern graphics, ability to bring vision to the screen without compromise
large scale complex plot
Leonardo DiCaprio D

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziixLbLKBXU[/yt]

07-08-2010, 07:01 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I am talking about the general plot not an actual remake of the exact same story.
07-08-2010, 08:32 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Pretty difficult to find a film these days that doesn't borrow from some previous film or novel or whatever. I wouldn't get too hung up on it.

Dreamscape is a cool movie, though.
07-08-2010, 08:56 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gokenin Quote
I am talking about the general plot not an actual remake of the exact same story.
well if you want to make that statement, then one can say that we have been borrowing plots and character developments from the Greeks, and have been hacking away at the same thing for over 4000 years :/

they say that a director really shoots one movie during their life, trying to perfect it at every opportunity. Innovation is not a bad thing.
07-08-2010, 09:24 PM   #8

Photos: Albums
This movie looks crazy awesome and Leo is a great actor. The director, Christopher Nolan, has been one of my favorites since Memento and if anyone could direct a movie like Inception, it's him! I still dont completely understand the plot of this movie though....

07-08-2010, 10:49 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by szurinaga Quote
This movie looks crazy awesome and Leo is a great actor. The director, Christopher Nolan, has been one of my favorites since Memento and if anyone could direct a movie like Inception, it's him! I still dont completely understand the plot of this movie though....
I get the impression the marketing team are trying to keep it that way, and based on what the reviewer I quoted above says, that's probably a very good thing.
07-10-2010, 08:55 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Can't wait to rent the video.
07-10-2010, 09:27 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote

Skipping it entirely on principle - di Caprio hypocrisy is astonishing.

Hundreds miss World Cup semi-final thanks to deluge of private jets ferrying in royalty, celebrities and heads of state

Sure, the Daily Mail is a tabloid - but Leonardo di Caprio is the king of pious Green, and he can't fly commercial 1st Class? I'd be pissed if I wasted GBP 1800 while my flight circled (or was diverted to Capetown) because the PUBLIC airport as swamped with private jets.
07-11-2010, 07:07 AM   #12
Veteran Member

professional sports is better watched on television anyway