Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-10-2010, 01:49 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
If a city is built on a pro-athlete, the city has a plethora of problems. The need to go out and replace him and/or draft another player or 2. Sooner or later players, leave, retire, or get hurt. What happens if he stayed and 2 or 3 years later they still can't win in the finals? At the end of the day, season or week, its entertainment for the public that in the process drives some retail business.
They're not built on him but they do have a plethora of problems.

Part of the problem is that they can't replace him, now. They gutted whatever cap space they had to put a good team of complementary players around him. They can only rely on a few draft picks from the Heat now. You think these'll be lottery picks? I'm sure Antawn Jamison will be a great alpha dog on the Cavaliers.

Again, I'm reiterating the fact that it's not about the fact that he's left, but the WAY he'd left. They bent over backwards for him for years and he basically gave them a big fat middle finger.

07-10-2010, 02:21 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Personally, I'm glad the King James soap opera is over. I think that $100mil is way too much money for an individual player to play basketball-or any other sport. I'm glad the Boys and Girls club got that whopping donation, but the way he bailed out on fans and a city who had been loyal to him just reeks of no class. (Now if we can just get the Lindsay Lohan soap opera over, I will be happy.
07-10-2010, 02:38 PM   #33
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by subeeds Quote
Personally, I'm glad the King James soap opera is over. I think that $100mil is way too much money for an individual player to play basketball-or any other sport. I'm glad the Boys and Girls club got that whopping donation, but the way he bailed out on fans and a city who had been loyal to him just reeks of no class. (Now if we can just get the Lindsay Lohan soap opera over, I will be happy.
I agree with that assessment!
07-10-2010, 05:51 PM   #34
Pentaxian

The scary reality is that any or all 3 could end up with a season ending injury before a playoff game is ever played. Where will that leave Miami? Think it can't happen? Look at the current disabled list for the Red Sox. I agree also, 100 million plus is way too much money to play a game. It's the team owners and media who have created the problem, now they have to live with it.

07-10-2010, 09:00 PM   #35

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
You don't have to be a dick over the typo of of leaving and 's' of of franchises. It didn't really changing the context of the paragraph. Furthermore, you were acting like James left a power house (or historical power house) along with tourism when he didn't. I'm glad to here you are co-owner of the Lakers these days. Say hello to Kareem and Norm Nixon for me.

Welcome to pro-sports in the 21st Century whether its the NBA, NFL or the Major Leagues. That's why I stick to College and even that is getting annoying due to the influence of the pros prematurely pursuing players.
I'm still waiting for you to point out where I said those teams were dynasties BUDDY. Got a problem with that? Stupid mistakes like typos can mislead comments exactly how I pointed out, which is why you should go back and correct them

A team that has been number 1 in the East for two years and had just won 65 games is not any regular old team. He did affect tourism because when the Cavs would make it to the playoffs then people would fly in from around the states to watch him play. Now the Cavs aren't going to make it to the playoffs, so YEA it does affect it.

:
21st century? The Lakers didn't move to Los Angeles in the 21st century. I would know, I own them

Last edited by szurinaga; 07-10-2010 at 09:21 PM.
07-10-2010, 09:26 PM   #36
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by szurinaga Quote
I'm still waiting for you to point out where I said those teams were dynasties BUDDY. Got a problem with that? Stupid mistakes like typos can mislead comments exactly how I pointed out, which is why you should go back and correct them

A team that has been number 1 in the East for two years and had just won 65 games is not any regular old team. He did affect tourism because when the Cavs would make it to the playoffs then people would fly in from around the states to watch him play. Now the Cavs aren't going to make it to the playoffs, so YEA it does affect it.
I already fixed the typo long before this post. The missing s on franchises didn't change the context 1. Your English comprehension is rather poor. I never wrote that you said they were a dynasties.

QuoteQuote:
You act like the other franchises in the mix including the Cavs were an NBA dynasty.
There is a big difference of having an influence on tourism in comparison to be THE tourism. You don't know if they will make the playoffs or not at this point. I doubt they would win it all if he stayed.

One other thing you ignored was the fact that the Minister of Defense spent 7 years with the Eagles after which time he went free-agent and went to Green Bay. He had a good run at Philadelphia. Perhaps that is what James is doing after a good run in Cleveland, and he merely decided to take advantage of free-agency.

Last edited by Blue; 07-10-2010 at 09:33 PM.
07-10-2010, 09:50 PM   #37

Original Poster
It did change the context because before it made no grammatical sense. As stupid as missing an S is, it still makes your comment very confusing.

I love how you have become so literal by highlighting "act LIKE" and "THE tourism". Makes you feel powerful right?

Why the Hell do you keep on talking about Reggie White? He is not the same as Lebron. One player in basketball has a much bigger impact in his game then one player in football. You sound like Johhny Cochran with his Chewbacca defense

07-10-2010, 10:14 PM   #38
Site Supporter

It did change the context because before it made no grammatical sense. As stupid as missing an S is, it still makes your comment very confusing.
It didn't change the context. Furthermore, this is a forum and not a thesis or article so I'm not going to lose a lot of slip over a typo at 70 word

I love how you have become so literal by highlighting "act LIKE" and "THE tourism". Makes you feel powerful right?
Actually, I was highlighting the use of "like" as a simile since twice you asked me to show you where you called them a dynasty. Go back and substitute "as if" for "like."

Makes you feel powerful right?
No. That sounds like a personal problem.

Why the Hell do you keep on talking about Reggie White? He is not the same as Lebron. One player in basketball has a much bigger impact in his game then one player in football. You sound like Johhny Cochran with his Chewbacca defense
You brought up Reggie White. I merely pointed out the similarities of their moves. The biggest exception is that the Minister of Defense has his jersey retired by both the Packers and the Eagles as well as the Vols.
Remember this?
QuoteQuote:
Mike Holmgren did turn the Packers around, but he had Bret Favre on one side of the ball and reggie white on the other. But I'm pulling for the Browns, I just hope they get that QB situation handled.
I don't know why a Lakers fan (or a Celtics fan) would have their panties bunched up over the Cleveland Cavaliers.
07-10-2010, 10:21 PM   #39

Original Poster
its a football game. 4th quarter, you have the ball and youre on your opponents 20 yard line. there's 10 seconds left in the game. WHAT THE HELL is Reggie White going to do for you? Nada, asique por el amor de dios callate la jodia boca ya!
07-10-2010, 10:30 PM   #40
Site Supporter

its a football game. 4th quarter, you have the ball and youre on your opponents 20 yard line. there's 10 seconds left in the game. WHAT THE HELL is Reggie White going to do for you? Nada, asique por el amor de dios callate la jodia boca ya!
Go back and fix you typos, and then I'll answer your stupid question.

Nada, asique por el amor de dios callate la jodia boca ya
Zur Hölle fahren. Talk to the Hand
07-10-2010, 10:56 PM   #41
Site Supporter

I'll answer it for you anyway.

Its the 4th quarter of Super Bowl XXXI and all Favre has to do is kneel and run out the clock. That is because after Howard's game clinching touch down, White sacked Bledsoe on back to back plays and forced a 3 and out. White sacked him again in the 4th quarter with New England never getting past the 32 in the 4th. In short, White had already done what he needed to.
07-11-2010, 11:56 AM   #42
Pentaxian

It's the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl with 10 seconds left on the clock. You're down by a point and within range for an easy field goal. In comes Norwood for the kick. There is never a sure thing. In a comment aimed at the Celtics, the 3 superheros remarked that there's no way any team can guard the 3 of them. I wonder....
07-11-2010, 12:28 PM   #43

The Heat are now the most hated team in the league.
07-12-2010, 06:27 AM   #44
graphicgr8s

Come on. He went to Miami instead of NY to save on taxes. Between state and federal taxes he would have given up 52% of his take.
07-12-2010, 08:09 AM   #45
Pentaxian

Speaking as a NY State resident, I can't say I blame him.